The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Vanguard not cool enough

Hyocoz

Replace shockstrike with a roundhouse kick. Then replace the interrupt strike with previous shockstrike. Then replace full auto with you bending backwards and shooting the rifle from between your legs (your hand holding it behind your legs). Then replace hammer shot with shooting it upside down over your left shoulder (right hand going above the head). Then, umm, replace sticky grenade throwing animation with a proper baseball pitch. Then replace incendiary round with a molotov cocktail. And, umm, I guess that does it.

Please, take your time imagining all this. Can you say it would not be epic?

P.S. I actually like ion zapping and there's something about lightning that sets you on fire that just smells of damage, if you know what I mean. You can almost smell the electrified burning flesh.

The animations in and of themselves are fine, it's when the game tries to combine them that there are issues.

When my vanguard dodges, sometimes it'll interupt a skill, even freakin' instant skills.

Let's not even talk about the delays on Full Auto and Mortar Volley.

Now about the armor sets, at first they look cool, but eventually the white gets old. All the sets seem to be white and orange, white and blue, or white and green.

Edited by Vairau

I'm ok with stock strike as an occasional ability, i.e. it serves a specific purpose, heck, it could have been our interrupt or a finisher, but as ability that I'm pretty much using twice in a 5 second window, it is very meh. Honestly I think they should have made gut a baseline ability, or give us a gut like ability that's used instead of stock strike, thats much better then what we currently have.

I agree. The stockstrike animation should replace "Riot Strike" as our interrupt and "Gut" should become what "Stockstrike" is now except the animation should be made more brutal by making it a really violent piercing attack instead of a slashing attack.

Also, make "Ion Pulse" a 30m blaster fire ability. I hate the 10m range B.S. and turning "Ion Pulse" into a full range blaster attack would go a very long ways towards making Vanguard a more ranged-oriented class.

Remember when Bioware used to be like, "ZOMG, Wee inV3nt3d t3h R4nG3d t4nKzzz!!!!"?

Yeah, what a bunch of bologna.

x10

I must have missed the scenes in the movies where Stormtroopers ran around shooting lightning at rebels and sprinting through blaster fire to butt them in the face with their gun.

I must of missed the part where troopers were shooting fire from there wrist and using jet packs to punch ppl in the face and shoot bombs in the air, this is gettin really annoying seeing these threads everywhere , a trooper is not a bounty hunter if u can't get around that make a bh or roll another class

Rocket punch is a manga.move laugh... i love Stockstrike... its the Image of a "Shut up, Citizen Sith".

And a rifle > some pistol.

Vanguards are cool!

i like my vanguard to, but i dont see the need to make each tree a melee tree, imho the stock strike stuff from assult would fit much better in tactics, 2 of the 3 tree's would be melee and one of them would be a mid range spec, thats what i thot i was signing up for.

I agree. The stockstrike animation should replace "Riot Strike" as our interrupt and "Gut" should become what "Stockstrike" is now except the animation should be made more brutal by making it a really violent piercing attack instead of a slashing attack.

Also, make "Ion Pulse" a 30m blaster fire ability. I hate the 10m range B.S. and turning "Ion Pulse" into a full range blaster attack would go a very long ways towards making Vanguard a more ranged-oriented class.

Remember when Bioware used to be like, "ZOMG, Wee inV3nt3d t3h R4nG3d t4nKzzz!!!!"?

Seriously , what's wrong with stockstrike? You don't enjoy the bone crunching/crushing sound it makes. I also prefer it much to rocket punch as it has a quicker animation. Vanguard = down to business , powertech = fancy show.

And srsly you're complaning about Ion Pulse? REALLY? Lolz. IP is awesome , its spammable , and makes sense being a 'taser-like' ability at close range. The animation and fx are cool too. Long range spammable Ion Pulse would be OP and only and only a noob would suggest that. No offense.

The point is not which is cooler, Stockstrike or Rocket Punch, but that Bounty Hunter Powertechs have a much wider array of animations in their skills, and thus is a more varied class in playstyle visually. Meanwhile the Trooper shoots 90% of their skills from the barrel of the rifle from the same position.

City of Heroes used to have much the same issue with the Frankengun. (Heck, probably still does.)

I'd have been happy if we just slugged the guy with a charged punch instead of "hello, this is the nice end of my gun" and left that for Riot Strike.

Gawd, I'd need a new set of armored pants if Ion Pulse/Pulse Cannon got a range increase, even if it cost talent points. Two point talent, +5 meter per point? The boost to kiting/AoE spread would be worth it.