The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

What SWTOR will be

Sarfux

I will hope more...

Original with new things but at final standard MMO, nothing new.

The game in space is bad very bad, I have some game done only with flash much better. And how is posible up to ship of my friend and down by my ship? little bugs.

When can play like Xwing? :)

And again i bought a game without finished but pay 15$/month.

Or add some interesant soon or I will cancel the acount soon.

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to reply to your best ever.

No MMO will ever break the record for which WoW had. I think the glory days of the one king mmo is over as there are just so many more out there at the moment that one will never reach the 12 million peak again.

As for SWTOR there is no immersion in the worlds to go with the fact that it is too linear with a lack of options on where to quest. Other than your class story being the different your leveling path is going to be the same. For this reason alone i cannot even log into this game anymore to move on from leveling. I do not even have a max level character highest being 25. Have about 4 different classes now all about 20 odd, doing the same **** planets over and over is tedious to say the least. I am not interested in end game because i get enough of it from WoW.

The question remains though is how much time do you give them to improve?

how long will you give WoW to improve, as its clear that game needs to improve due to the massive losses in its sub numbers over the years

you highly underestimate what this game offers and people don't give games a chance these days. It's sad really

But what does it truly offer?

This is a game clearly designed in 2006. Every other major MMO launch are true next gen games. True next gen technology, true next gen mechanics. TOR is just old at its core.

But what does it truly offer?

This is a game clearly designed in 2006. Every other major MMO launch are true next gen games. True next gen technology, true next gen mechanics. TOR is just old at its core.

what has GW2 and Terra online got that is next gen??

or dare i ask about Titan, the god of mmos that will blow everything away just with its name.

or dare i ask about Titan, the god of mmos that will blow everything away just with its name.

Plenty of things... do some research on them

Edited by Esaru

Plenty of things... do some research (with an open unbiased mind if you're even capable)

Speak for yourself.

Try giving us some examples, since you are the resident expert.

What is some innovating NEXTGEN gaming features that 'EVERY OTHER MMO' has like other dude stated?

Edit: changed from 'you' to 'other guy' thought it was you responding ^_^

Edited by djsmileey

If you can't name them yourself then it doesn't have anything.

I will speak on the behalf of Tera online. One thing that is different, I am not saying better, is that it's an action combat mechanic and not a cooldown mechanic. It looks like fight are a lot Diablo-like, not a true hack and slash but you get the feel.

No, Tera will not be perfect, but SWTOR isn't either. Will it be better in 3-4-6-12 months? Who knows? right now, the involvement of BW with consumer is laughable. We get 1-2 message a day?

For me, SWTOR had lot of potential, but it seems the code is so weak, they cannot fix a thing without breaking others. It makes no sense, it feels like they throw it out there and hope for the best. " Let's try this, then we will evaluate " .... meanwhile they don't realize thousands of people are getting frustrated and will not stick around without insensitive.

Plenty of things... do some research on them

taken from there site

There will be no subscription fee for Guild Wars 2, and players just buy the game and play it online without paying a monthly fee. A character can be used to play any game mode available in Guild Wars 2: PvE, Structured PvP and World PvP. A player may still have multiple characters.

Improvements to the engine include true 3D environments, enhanced graphics and animations and the use of the Havok physics system and this will do justice to the concept art for the game and concept art will be integrated into the way the story is told to the player. Polygon counts and texture allowances have been increased and the game will support DirectX 10, but not require it to play.

Guild Wars 2 is trying to deal with that issue by using a system with a high level cap once that could be set to 100 or even boundless. But the magnitude of the level cap raise is still unknown. There will be a plateau of power, where each level no longer adds as much to the power of the character. A side-kick system has been mentioned which would allow characters of a lower level to play with high level characters without disadvantage. The sidekicking system, similar to that used in "City of Heroes", will be be introduced allowing high-level characters to transfer their powers to lower-level characters and entry to e-sport type PvP will grant access to all skills, items and provide a fixed level. In a departure from the high number skills present in Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2 will focus on quality of skills over quantity and will also reduce the overall number of game modes to reduce balancing complexity.

The skill system will be modified. There will be fewer, less complex skills which may behave differently in different situations. A system similar to the limited 8 skill system will be used.

The professions are being designed to be viable for both solo and group play. A primary and secondary profession system will be used. It is currently not known if any professions from the original Guild Wars will return, and the profession count is unknown.

Besides these significant changes to the game, Guild Wars 2 will also introduce plenty of smaller ones, like the ability for your characters to do things like jump, swim, even climb trees.

so its in 3D

and there bringing changes into the game, like jump, swim and even climb trees

wow thats sounds epic

You highly over estimate the Totanic failure that the MMO community has already dubbed this game to be and how unforgiving the MMO community is.

SWTOR will never see the potential it has is realized.

Dude, every MMO forum is like this. Heck a lot of game forums are like this. Check out WoW's or Rifts. Diablo III is supposedly the worst game ever if you go read the forums and its not even out, haha

Dude, every MMO forum is like this. Heck a lot of game forums are like this. Check out WoW's or Rifts. Diablo III is supposedly the worst game ever if you go read the forums and its not even out, haha

lol diablo 3, you mean diablo 2 with a few new spells lol

I will speak on the behalf of Tera online. One thing that is different, I am not saying better, is that it's an action combat mechanic and not a cooldown mechanic. It looks like fight are a lot Diablo-like, not a true hack and slash but you get the feel.

No, Tera will not be perfect, but SWTOR isn't either. Will it be better in 3-4-6-12 months? Who knows? right now, the involvement of BW with consumer is laughable. We get 1-2 message a day?

For me, SWTOR had lot of potential, but it seems the code is so weak, they cannot fix a thing without breaking others. It makes no sense, it feels like they throw it out there and hope for the best. " Let's try this, then we will evaluate " .... meanwhile they don't realize thousands of people are getting frustrated and will not stick around without insensitive.

YOU HAVEN'T EVEN PLAYED TERA! How can you say anything about it based off looks?

how long will you give WoW to improve, as its clear that game needs to improve due to the massive losses in its sub numbers over the years

Yes they need to improve too because their content in Cataclysm has sucked. With them losing subs constantly i can expect them to only improve now as they have got the wake up call they need. To go with the fact that today i will not be surprised that they lost more subs for 4th quater.

I am currently enjoying WoW,i am leveling about 4 characters at the moment. Albeit not at the same time but i have options to go about leveling them. I will give WoW the first month of MoP to make up my mind because so far the features they have listed i am very much looking forward to and with the press event only 4 weeks away now hopefully i will get more detail about MoP.

Yes they need to improve too because their content in Cataclysm has sucked. With them losing subs constantly i can expect them to only improve now as they have got the wake up call they need. To go with the fact that today i will not be surprised that they lost more subs for 4th quater.

I am currently enjoying WoW,i am leveling about 4 characters at the moment. Albeit not at the same time but i have options to go about leveling them. I will give WoW the first month of MoP to make up my mind because so far the features they have listed i am very much looking forward to and with the press event only 4 weeks away now hopefully i will get more detail about MoP.

The bolded section of the above quote tells you all you need to know about this tro...er...poster.

true, but they are all like this for different reasons. people will find something to be upset about and voice their discontent on the forums.

In wow's case, it's mostly about the philosophy of what makes a compelling raiding environment, and to a lesser extent, minor character design and playstyle issues having mostly to do with the ability to compete with other characters.

In Rift, people are mostly upset about balance issues in PVP and PVE. DPS for one class far outpaces dps for another class. certain abilities make some classes extremely difficult or impossible to kill.

Rift has already seen a 90% drop in subscribers because of developers' lack of ability to deliver the product that the people who came here were looking for. with wow it was about a 10% drop. those people will be leaving this game as well.

with ToR, the complaints haven't had a chance to become so refined because we are still voicing (on deaf ears) our discontent that the game lacks almost every gaming innovation of the last 5-7 years and for one reason or another, people are having a difficult time accomplishing anything beyond dinging level 50. add the bugs, exploits, etc. and you have a serious difference between the problems of this game vs. the problems of others.

No no no..

There are 2 schools of people.

School 1:

People that aren't really into gaming or MMO's very deep that saw this game and were like "OMG OMG this is awesome!!!!" And they like it, cry about mods, macros, UI customization etc etc. A lot of these people played KOTOR and moved to this game. From that standpoint sure this game probably rocks. These people are also StarWars fans, in fact I haven't found anyone that thinks the starwars universe a joke, but loves this game mechanics....

The other people out there that fall into this catagory are the "Anti-WoW" gamers that played Lotro and eve and whatever other fail MMO's out there they put their stock into saying "This MMO was way better than WoW"

School 2:

People that hardcore game, spent the better part of the last decade in wow and 10 years prior to that in other MMO's. People that realize the carrot on a stick model is played out, rushing content to level cap, and farming dailies and instances is a dying genre. WoW will slowly deteriorate, but will outlast this game by far IMO. Gamers like us realize what matters in the MMO community.

It's not voice overs, grinding to level caps, farming the same exact instances each week to get gear which allows for advancement to the next farming location, it's not 2 faction servers or crappy PvP models.

Those are all things that WoW does already. Rift cloned it, Swtor also cloned the mechanic.... there are tons of no name free mmo's that cloned this as well.

Cloning what WoW did to try and jump on the cash bandwagon just won't work this late in the game because the true gamers are already looking for the next generation game to bring us a new style of play.

We weren't looking to jump into WoStarWars with crappy options and no customizability. Honestly this game is a WoW clone 100% with a sci-fi environment, minus all the polish of course, that WoW has added for 7 years, and meaningless voice overs.

This Genre has been done, and done agian 6 ways to Sunday. It's time for a new genre of MMO - and for me, it is on the way to launch this year.

Here is to hoping that game revolutionizes the genre, and puts all these old MMO's to bed.

i'm pretty sure we're stuck with this until someone figures out VR... or some way to give the player a more immersive experience in the game environment. I know VR is a long way off but there doesn't even really seem to be a vision of what comes between what we have now and VR gaming.

In that respect, everything we get from now until VR becomes feasible, will be definable as some type of wow clone. the question is did they clone it well or did they clone it poorly. i think the answer is fairly clear with this game.

Edited by Bazouk