The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

What SWTOR will be

Sarfux

Yes, I have also heard those games will launch bug and problem free, unlike any other game in history, they have figured it out! Can't wait! :rolleyes:

Not that bugged, I have been playing computer games since C64 and ZX80 Spectrum. Haven't seen anything like TOR in my life. I'm still in shock. And game is made buy company who made Never Winter Nights and Baldur's Gate. Hard to believe.

Edited by Chaffery

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Star Wars: The Old Republic will be the game of the new generation. Slowly but surely it will crawl, walk, run, sprint..and just keep on going and chuggin along. BioWare will not disappoint. This is their baby and they are proud of it. They are trying so hard to please mainly everyone for the majority of the game.

This game will continue to grow and get better as time goes on. More planets will get added, more gear, more raids, more planets, more weapons, more major content, more story. This game will be the next mmo giant and the game to beat in the coming years. You just watch!

Listen guys...they are fixing lots of bugs, they are coming out with content, they will keep adding more stuff we want. This is their plan, they launched with the stuff they had and just keep on adding the stuff players want little by little to keep people coming back for more because they will keep releasing content update patches every month or close to that. I believe BioWare keeps the community at heart when releasing this content and just know they can't do everything right now.

The things that you guys want, whether it be sitting in chairs, swimming, day/night cycle, weather, they WILL come in time :) The heroengine is getting updates constantly and performance issues ARE being worked on! This is one of the smoothest mmos ever and the running looks VERY good. You can't argue that. The environments and running feels natural.

Great game BioWare keep it up :)

A lot of new MMO's are coming out this year with actual innovations, Bioware will be lucky not to bleed a ton of subs to each of these, and what is left will be fanbois who will never point out their flaws and make this game better. The death of this game is fanbois, they tell Bioware everything is perfect when it's not, and Bioware isn't gaining any more fanbois, they are losing them, so if fanbois are the subs Bioware's after well have fun with that, at the current moment their game lacks mass appeal, and with the speed of leveling/lack of 50 content many players have already run into the wall of little if anything to do in the game. Re rolling alts is cool, but it should never be the main focus of an MMO. Go look up Secret World/GW2 videos, and tell me that this game has anything innovative compared to those....

That's what they said about this POS too.

Care to elaborate on that? whats so FUBAR about this game? ive been playing this game every day since release and havnt found anything to be FUBAR, mildy annoying...maybe yes, but total broke? no

Go look up Secret World/GW2 videos, and tell me that this game has anything innovative compared to those....

Very optimistic about GW2 but I would never buy a Funcom game again. I had the pleasure of being ripped off for the launches of both AO and AoC :)

You highly over estimate the Totanic failure that the MMO community has already dubbed this game to be and how unforgiving the MMO community is.

SWTOR will never see the potential it has is realized.

Another fan of Wow I take it.

People that play wow don remember hos it was back when Wow came out. IT WAS *********** HORRIBLE! Then it slowly build to the giant it is.

Like changing working graphics engine in to current pile of bugs. To me it looks like devs trying destroy game intentionally, because gfx engine getting worse with every patch.

hm strange, seems my comp is just doing fine, with the changes they make, even better performance, and running with the -3 LOD change @1080p with AA forced and shadows ...

Star Wars: The Old Republic will be the game of the new generation. Slowly but surely it will crawl, walk, run, sprint..and just keep on going and chuggin along. BioWare will not disappoint. This is their baby and they are proud of it. They are trying so hard to please mainly everyone for the majority of the game.

This game will continue to grow and get better as time goes on. More planets will get added, more gear, more raids, more planets, more weapons, more major content, more story. This game will be the next mmo giant and the game to beat in the coming years. You just watch!

Listen guys...they are fixing lots of bugs, they are coming out with content, they will keep adding more stuff we want. This is their plan, they launched with the stuff they had and just keep on adding the stuff players want little by little to keep people coming back for more because they will keep releasing content update patches every month or close to that. I believe BioWare keeps the community at heart when releasing this content and just know they can't do everything right now.

The things that you guys want, whether it be sitting in chairs, swimming, day/night cycle, weather, they WILL come in time :) The heroengine is getting updates constantly and performance issues ARE being worked on! This is one of the smoothest mmos ever and the running looks VERY good. You can't argue that. The environments and running feels natural.

Give guys like the OP your support, in the end it is them that hurt the most as they set themselves up to fall the farthest.

That's what they said about this POS too.

The game just isn't fun for me anymore. I know bugs will eventually get fixed. It was the in-your-face linear game play that turned me off after leveling 3 toons. It just doesn't feel like an MMO to me.

Edited by Minack

hm strange, seems my comp is just doing fine, with the changes they make, even better performance, and running with the -3 LOD change @1080p with AA forced and shadows ...

Look in to support forum, "Horrid FPS" thread is been up for more than month. Even that does not make sense, if peoples have same hardware, some computers run game, some won't.

Edited by Chaffery

The game just isn't fun for me anymore. Bugs I know will eventually get fixed. It was the in-your-face linear game play that turned me off after leveling 3 toons. It just doesn't feel like an MMO to me.

it could be your burned out, lvling 3 toons in this short timespan can cause it, ive been playing since release aswell but sticked to 1. And im glad i did after doing all those voice acted quests.

Its good to take a break once in a while, or to stop questing and do some other things

Look in to support forum, "Horrid FPS" thread is been up for more than month. Even that does not make sense, if peoples have same hardware, some computers run game, some won't.

Exactly, thats what im aiming at, it isnt becuz its not running well on lets say your pc its a total POS. Every machine is diffirent, has diffirent Rendering powers, etc

Optimisations, peoples comps (even thou there identical in parts) can run diffirently

Thats the hard thing about PC games, soooo many variables to play with, and a game that has all thing right the first time, i have yet to encounter

Edited by Xreasonz

Exactly, thats what im aiming at, it isnt becuz its not running well on lets say your pc its a total POS. Every machine is diffirent, has diffirent Rendering powers, etc

Thats the hard thing about PC games, soooo many variables to play with, and a game that has all thing right the first time, i have yet to encounter

You posting biased fan garbage, if other games working fine, then it has nothing to do with computer.

Not that bugged, I have been playing computer games since C64 and ZX80 Spectrum. Haven't seen anything like TOR in my life. I'm still in shock. And game is made buy company who made Never Winter Nights and Baldur's Gate.

TOR has bugs no doubt, but the game is entirely playable from 1-50 as well as the endgame. You are either being disingenuous about the amount (and severity) of bugs in this game, or you lack experience with the genre. This has been by far one of the better MMO launches, right behind RIFT, which was a much smaller game.

If you had experienced say, EQ's, SWG's , Vanguard's, or any other number of MMO's , hell even WoW's was a horrid launch with many bugs, some rather "game breaking" (like the loot bug) , all had far worse launches and equal or worse (and more) bugs.

Again, yes TOR has bugs, most of them are small annoyances, but it is far, far from the worst.

I don't know what SWTOR will be. Currently I'm really, really enjoying the stories associated with each class, and the leveling process feels like much less of a grind because missions are significantly more interesting than the leveling experience in previous MMOs I've played. That is to say the parts I'm enjoying are the parts that are more akin to a single player RPG.

And that's actually where my enjoyment of the game ends, bugs completely aside. The multiplayer experience brings nothing new to the table; in fact it feels dated. The mechanics feel just like WoW. The gear is uninspiring, nothing is unique, it's all just a linear stat progression and doesn't offer any mystique or intrigue - the feeling of getting an upgrade will never compare to the feeling of getting, say, a Ridill in FFXI, or a Nightmare battleship in EVE.

The market is stagnant, and can even be completely circumvented during level progression. The majority of crafts are borderline useless and there is no real player economy to speak of. The PvP is unvaried, lacking in long term incentive, and same old.

I think I will probably get as much as I can out of each storyline, and I really think BioWare aced the class missions and did a great job with the missions in general. But once I get bored of this one aspect of the game, I don't see a reason to stick around. As much as it pains me to say it, it's how I truly feel - RP aside this game is totally mediocre.

it could be your burned out, lvling 3 toons in this short timespan can cause it, ive been playing since release aswell but sticked to 1. And im glad i did after doing all those voice acted quests.

Its good to take a break once in a while, or to stop questing and do some other things

Yeah there's no doubt I'm burnt out. But I come from Sandbox MMOS and it's difficult for me to go from Sandbox to linear. PvP is important to me too. I was just so disappointed after making toons on a PvP server and still not seeing the opposite faction except in small areas on Tat and Alderaan. The factions are just too split up.

LOL you obviously haven't seen the thread where this game's restarts and BSOD's slowly killed people's machines....There are tons of players posting on that thread in the bugs forum that lost thousands in computer equipment to this game. Bioware is failing to take any responsibility because they don't want to be held liable in court. That's the company you are supporting, one that rights code so poorly that it ruins people's computers, and then claiming it must be bugs in their system causing it........Overall you claim the bugs aren't game breaking, well having your computer fried due to the game like many in the bug forum have experienced is pretty game breaking, even life breaking if they needed the PC for something else. Overall it's the game, it's poorly programmed, the optimization is devoid, and lacking 100%. Overall these programmers should be glad they work for EA/Bioware because they would be fired if they worked anywhere else. Same goes for all the devs and other people that worked on this game, they are truly talentless in the actual aspects that matter to make a good MMO (Optimization/Performance). V/O and all their gimmicks are great until you get down to the issues of their software frying peoples computers, their lack of actual testing and debugging on patches, and the fact they don't know how to fix the garbage code they created as every bug fix creates more bugs a long with it.....

You posting biased fan garbage, if other games working fine, then it has nothing to do with computer.

so now im a Fanboi?

This engine has its problems, i never said it didnt

all i said was that some machines can run it without problems and others cant

i dont see how that makes me a fanboi in any way shape or form

Thats the nature of the beast PC gaming, where in console gaming you have a uniform platform where games are easier to program. Pure facts

Games have diffirent engine, diffirent engines means diffirent Hardware demands or capabilities

Take Frostbit 2.0 engine (from BF3) a marvel of a engine, Highly optimised yet some people epxerience troubles, why? Hardware limitations, simple as that

Same goes with the Hero engine, Is focusses heavily on CPu in some area's and heavily on GPU in others, the balance is not yet reached, but if you have a Powerfull rig you can negate those changes and have a more Streamlined experience overall

You fail to realize what bad word of mouth among the veteran MMO community will do to a game and believe me that message is being spread loud and fast. You can cheerlead all you want, hell, I'll even give you a pom-pom set: *(_)* *(_)* It won't help.

i agree 100% thank you :p

LOL you obviously haven't seen the thread where this game's restarts and BSOD's slowly killed people's machines....There are tons of players posting on that thread in the bugs forum that lost thousands in computer equipment to this game. Bioware is failing to take any responsibility because they don't want to be held liable in court. That's the company you are supporting, one that rights code so poorly that it ruins people's computers, and then claiming it must be bugs in their system causing it........Overall you claim the bugs aren't game breaking, well having your computer fried due to the game like many in the bug forum have experienced is pretty game breaking, even life breaking if they needed the PC for something else. Overall it's the game, it's poorly programmed, the optimization is devoid, and lacking 100%. Overall these programmers should be glad they work for EA/Bioware because they would be fired if they worked anywhere else. Same goes for all the devs and other people that worked on this game, they are truly talentless in the actual aspects that matter to make a good MMO (Optimization/Performance). V/O and all their gimmicks are great until you get down to the issues of their software frying peoples computers, their lack of actual testing and debugging on patches, and the fact they don't know how to fix the garbage code they created as every bug fix creates more bugs a long with it.....

The hero engine is/was not yet finished they knew that from the start, Optimisation have just started

enjoy

ps: try to use paragraphs next time, my eyes bleed

Yeah there's no doubt I'm burnt out. But I come from Sandbox MMOS and it's difficult for me to go from Sandbox to linear. PvP is important to me too. I was just so disappointed after making toons on a PvP server and still not seeing the opposite faction except in small areas on Tat and Alderaan. The factions are just too split up.

You prefer sanbox MMO's, there is nothing wrong with that. It also doesn't make TOR (or themepark games in general) bad games, it means you prefer one sort over the other. Play what you enjoy.

On the topic of linear, themepark games in general are very linear, they give direction and a sense of purpose to the players. There are varying degrees of it of course, and TOR may be more linear than most, the reason being it's heavy focus on story. Where other games led you around zone to zone for no apparent reason, TOR does so while going through different chapters of a story. I don't know about you, but when I read a book, I don't just choose chapters at random and read them in no particular order, I read it page by page from start to finish.

meh this will more than likely tide people over until Guild Wars 2 and Tera and even then some will end up going back to pedo panda pokemon (WoW) when the turd fest expansion comes out.

Just not enough to do right now and yes it is linear as hell. SWTOR had potential but I think that got lost somewhere along the way.

If this went free to play I'm sure most nerds would jump at the chance to spend real money for crappy cosmetic things and 'an edge' over others.

The hero engine is/was not yet finished they knew that from the start, Optimisation have just started

enjoy

ps: try to use paragraphs next time, my eyes bleed

You don't realize that most of the problems aren't the hero engine, it's how they programmed/coded the game itself....It's inefficient/unoptimized programming, that's where the performance issues are coming from not the engine itself. They are claiming it's the engine so they don't have to take blame. In reality it's the programmers and coders who wrote the game that didn't optimize or focus on performance.

So in closing keep hoping they will fix the hero engine, that engine in itself is a garbled mess and does lead to ability delay, but it's not the problem itself, the problem is the programmers working on the game, and their lack of ability to optimize performance.

Have fun being a fanboi and never allowing Bioware to fix the broken code they have running their game.....Also don't forget about those that lost their computer to this garbage game, there's a whole thread in the bug section for them.

Stop blaming the engine, blame the programmers and developers that allowed unoptimized/performance degrading code to make it to the market.