The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Server population is dropping...

Miffy

Servers have gone from full- queues to barely standard.

Anyone who doesn't think the population is dropping is living in a bubble.

You do know, of course, that Standard means they are running at their optimum level, whilst Heavy means they have more players than normal???

I just looked at the Euro servers via the Forum link and there are as follows:

• Light Population: 4
  • Heavy Population: 13

The rest are at Standard. To me that reads that the servers populations are running at EXACTLY the level BW expect...

Edited by Catch_TwentyTwo

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you can blame the turnover/churn on the guild but at the end of the day it is really about the game. If the players aren't having fun or entertained still, an amazing guild isn't going to retain them.

It's player play style. The only extent it is the guild is the nature and focus of the guild and the people it recruits.

You and your recruits are self-admitted raid content focused. You really should not try to early adopt a new MMO because none of them have enough high end content to meet the demands of raiders who have had 7 years to perfect raid style and mechanics in a theme park MMO.

You really should wait a year before stepping in on a new MMO. By then, it's end game content is well fleshed out, or it's gone belly up. Either way, you don't get disappointed.

The conundrum though is raiding oriented MMO players don't want to wait a year. They like to get in on day one, race to cap and then attack the end game content. So they set themselves up for disappointment IMO.

Or lucky? It also depends on what your guild's focus is.

Since launch we allowed up to around 60 players. We like to keep things limited and never wanted over kill. We aren't in the game of being the biggest so we restrict recruiting. With that and looking at the numbers...

We've lost 6 people that have either been removed (for behavior or culture clashing) or have left on their own (normally encouraged because they don't fit). Out of the 54 remaining, 45% have not been active in the last 7 days. I've emailed back and forth with most of them, because we do work to ensure good relationships with all guild members, and they have been pretty honest. They are bored. We clear through raid content quickly and there just isn't much else for PVE Raid-Focused players to do. Run into a tough Hardmode raid encounter? It is usually down in the 2nd or 3rd attempt...unless it is bugged the hell out (Soa).

So you can blame the turnover/churn on the guild but at the end of the day it is really about the game. If the players aren't having fun or entertained still, an amazing guild isn't going to retain them. We had two core raiders that have been central to the guild and always helping everyone and going above and beyond. They were on every day for hours and participated as much as possible. They finally said that the game isn't fun anymore and they are done. Was there anything the guild could do at that point? Nope. We chat every day on FB or Mumble but there is no value left in the game for them.

I emphasized the word value since people who haven't done any type of marketing, sales, or ran a business problem don't know how to understand what that means. Customers will end up leaving or stop using a product if they don't feel they are getting anything for their money. If they feel like they have achieved all they can for their monthly fee, they aren't going to keep paying for it.

Honestly at this point BioWare has an amazing start on a game that can be great. They have several things that need addressed. In my opinion, we are about a year away from a game that will have great end game content. Content that will last longer than a couple of weeks. Right now, this is an amazing single player RPG with a fantastic questing experience. However, not everyone is going to keep rolling alts and leveling to take advantage of the best part of the game. Blizzard had this same experience with Cataclysm. It focused on redoing the leveling process and content in the lower levels and end game suffered. They lost almost 2 million subscribers. If they want to retain raiding PVE customers, they need to look at the most successful period in MMOs for that - BC of WOW.

So while the game is great for casual people that love leveling, PVE raiding community is taking a severe hit right now.

They lost 2 mill with cata, but honestly cata is still better the swtor, there is just more to do. Add me to the list of people who no longer can stand to log in, really roll alts? Ok i did that I am so sick of leveling JUST to end UP in the same place.....rolling another alt. You people asked for it, YES I WENT BACK TO WOW

Edited by Thunderslice

They lost 2 mill with cata, but honestly cata is still better the swtor, there is just more to do. Add me to the list of people who no longer can stand to log in, really roll alts? Ok i did that I am so sick of leveling to end of in the same place.....rolling another alt. You people asked for it, YES I WENT BACK TO WOW

Then why are you posting here?

They lost 2 mill with cata, but honestly cata is still better the swtor, there is just more to do. Add me to the list of people who no longer can stand to log in, really roll alts? Ok i did that I am so sick of leveling to end of in the same place.....rolling another alt. You people asked for it, YES I WENT BACK TO WOW

What exactly do you do differently in wow? Wow, you can chose a different zone when lvling? not really.

Crafting is lame, who wants to smelt for 2 hours?

PvP TOR > WoW

PvE TOR > WoW

Cata was horrible, I quit 6 days after buying it.

All WoW is is a lobby game. Sit in trade and wait for a queue.

I don't have time to play like I used to during the Holidays. I have a pretty busy day job and can only log on two or three times a week. So yes, your example might be a necessary prerequisite for your claim, but it is certainly not a sufficient one.

There are plenty of people just like me.

Please. I'm going off the exact time and day over several weeks. namely the time now.

Eu like i said, on a Friday night at this time, was queue. not it's light.

So yeah, i'm right.

If you think the game ISN'T getting emptier you are deluding yourself

This happened on a game I played once before, Warhammer online. Ended up with about 2 Eu and 2 US servers by the end. That game had MORE content than this one

What exactly do you do differently in wow? Wow, you can chose a different zone when lvling? not really.

PvP TOR > WoW

PvE TOR > WoW

ahahahahhaah:confused: ok

It's really clear and you ppl must be blind not to see a decrease in the server's population, overall!

My server has had a strong constant number of ~ 150 + players during peek hours in IF.

In the last 2 weeks this number is much smaller and it decreased to more than a half!

Now, we usually have around 60-80 players in IF at peek hours!

So YES, the population is dropping!

BUT, as long as I have my guild going, as long as I have my friends playing and as long as I can queue up for PVP and raid the PVE content, this game is still much ALIVE for me!

Cheers

PvP TOR > WoW

PvE TOR > WoW

Very true, that world is truly dead. Everyone sits in the capitals waiting for a que to pop while trolling the trade channel.

Try questing from level 1 in that game and you will really see a dead world.

PvP TOR > WoW

PvE TOR > WoW

All star wars is is a lobby game. Don't say it isn't, because it is. Sit in illum to do dailies, then sit in queues to do a few warzones before you sit in the fleet waiting for flash points and operations. Lobby game.

It's really clear and you ppl must be blind not to see a decrease in the server's population, overall!

My server has had a strong constant number of ~ 150 + players during peek hours in IF.

In the last 2 weeks this number is much smaller and it decreased to more than a half!

Now, we usually have around 60-80 players in IF at peek hours!

So YES, the population is dropping!

BUT, as long as I have my guild going, as long as I have my friends playing and as long as I can queue up for PVP and raid the PVE content, this game is still much ALIVE for me!

Cheers

So, your telling me you have been on for 2 weeks in a row during peak hours, just sitting in IF watching the population?

How did I jump on it? I just laughed because I dont agree with anything he said, crafting better in swtor? *** companions do everything. The statement was so dumb all I could do is laugh

Why? Do you like smelting for 2 hours? waiting to do something? Funnnnn times there.

This game is failing hard. There are many sites out there if you want to look them up that show a steady and severe decline in playing hours per week. Yes I know after the holidays people can't play as much but even from mid jan to now the playing hours per week have dropped significantly. Here is a link I one of these graphs http://beta.xfire.com/games/swtor. And again I know these are not official numbers by any means but It does show a trend of a dieing game.

This game needs to put the fires out quick before they are consumed by them. You know what I say? Let them burn baby. They deserve it after getting my hopes up for he past 2 years then releasing this PoS to me and making me pay for it.

I play on three different servers and the populations have remained pretty consistent since the week after launch. Anywhere I check in game I find pretty steady population demographics during prime time play. They are slowly shifting in levels towards 50, but that's about it.

This game is failing hard. There are many sites out there if you want to look them up that show a steady and severe decline in playing hours per week. Yes I know after the holidays people can't play as much but even from mid jan to now the playing hours per week have dropped significantly. Here is a link I one of these graphs http://beta.xfire.com/games/swtor. And again I know these are not official numbers by any means but It does show a trend of a dieing game.

This game needs to put the fires out quick before they are consumed by them. You know what I say? Let them burn baby. They deserve it after getting my hopes up for he past 2 years then releasing this PoS to me and making me pay for it.

Who the hell uses Xfire anyway? All I see is 60k hours then 27 hours?

It is still the top 5 of Xfire.

How did I jump on it? I just laughed because I dont agree with anything he said, crafting better in swtor? *** companions do everything. The statement was so dumb all I could do is laugh

I personally love the companion system. Some of the gathering (slicing, bioanalysis, and scavenging does have on world harvest) but having companion doing all the work it awesome.

I play on three different servers and the populations have remained pretty consistent since the week after launch. Anywhere I check in game I find pretty steady population demographics during prime time play. They are slowly shifting in levels towards 50, but that's about it.

Bubble world. Oh look, a shiny rainbow.