The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Server population is dropping...

Miffy

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Devs stated many times that gw2 will be pc mmo exclusive.

Stop venting false information.

In addition, GW2 will be much more MMO oriented game than SWTOR EVER was.

Really? Its an ARTICLE I linked, I did not falsify anything lol. Console mmo's not work for you?

Read the damn article.

Edited by darthdoll

Really? Its an ARTICLE I linked, I did not falsify anything lol. Console mmo's not work for you?

Read the damn article.

You are basing Your statement that gw2 will fail same as gw1 on speculation article.

GW2 will be nothing like GW1 in every aspect except of the story, so get Your facts together.

You are basing Your statement that gw2 will fail same as gw1 on speculation article.

GW2 will be nothing like GW1 in every aspect except of the story, so get Your facts together.

No, I say GW1 sucked balls and GW2 will too. Not because its going console.

EDIT:

Most PC nerds rage at anything Console, so when they see their precious GW2 go console they will flip out.

Edited by darthdoll

Gonna have to keep drilling it into peoples heads that server status is flawed:

Between 7:05 and 7:10 PM PST:

Perlemian Trade Route = heavy status = 65 juggernauts, 81 marauders, 99 sorcs, 85 assassins, 94 mercenaries, 34 powertechs, 27 operatives, 28 snipers

Mask of Nihilus = standard status = 98 snipers, OVER 100 of every other class(search function only shows first 100)

Why do you feel it's your right to drill anything into anyone's head. Who made you king of anything? Go troll somewhere else.

IDK why people are on the SWTOR forums telling us the games dying.

If i cared id have left already.

If the ships sinking i'm sinking with it. I'm here to have fun, not to play the game that everyone thinks is good.

Yep, they also mention "TORtanic" and Titanic was the best selling movie of all time for what 11 years? So, what they are actually saying is TOR will be the best selling MMO of all time for 11 ish years.

Edited by darthdoll

Yep, they also mention "TORtanic" and Titanic was the best selling movie of all time for what 11 years? So, what they are actually saying is TOR will be the best selling MMO of all time for 11 ish years.

Basically a large portion of people cant justify their purchase so they try to devalue the purchase of others.

The population is definitely dropping.

So is my careing face.

IDK why people are on the SWTOR forums telling us the games dying.

If i cared id have left already.

If the ships sinking i'm sinking with it. I'm here to have fun, not to play the game that everyone thinks is good.

A lot of the problem is the population imbalances across servers. This includes TOTAL population as well as terrible Republic to Empire ratios. Seems a lot of people are just rerolling to higher populated servers making the population on the smaller servers even worse.

I'm sure that free-transfer thing they are working on will fix a bunch of issues people are having.

A lot of the problem is the population imbalances across servers. This includes TOTAL population as well as terrible Republic to Empire ratios. Seems a lot of people are just rerolling to higher populated servers making the population on the smaller servers even worse.

I just don't see a "terrible Republic to Empire" ratio on my server. On the contrary, it's the Republic side that seems to be growing. This evening Republic Taris peaked at 50 people when I was there, with Coruscant at 70, and Imperial Fleet had at most 70. The numbers beyond the early planets seem to be stable, re-visiting Tatooine with my Imperial main it still fluctuated between the same 25-35 at prime time that it did a month ago.

Why lol at archage? Seems to be to the biggest and most sandboxy game ever

You hype Archage at SWTOR forums, where according to the haters the cardinal sin of SWTOR itself is supposed hype before launch? :rolleyes:

It's a niche game in the so-called "West" for all likelihood, and not coming out anytime soon. But I do hope that the sandbox lovers who declare the greatness of sandbox games on this forum give it a chance.

Edited by Rouge

I don't mean to hype about it. Just saying if TOR fails, then we have GW2 and Archage :-)

If TOR fails, I will stay with it until the last server is closed down.

The endless waiting for the next Messiah, then quickly backstabbing it, jumping ship and starting to wait the next one that is so much part of the behaviour of the current MMO gamer herd really infuriates me nowadays. It's like playing games wouldn't be the main thing.

I've jumped a few ships too, left WoW, LotrO, WAR and AoC, but very late in the downfall of the latter two, and I would like to make SWTOR a permanent place of residence. I waited it for over three years! I can wait for improvements now that I can play it.

There will never be a perfect MMO. Come late spring or early summer, The Secret World will be dragged through the same treatment from MMO "fans" as SWTOR now. The New Messiah GW2 will hardly escape it either, but at least there won't be a flood of proudly posted "unsubbed" threads with it...

Archage will get panned and if DMO gets out, it too, and so the mad carousel will go on, with new MMOs awaited for years by players and then abandoned and savaged after few weeks or at most months of play.

Edited by Rouge

The endless waiting for the next Messiah, then quickly backstabbing it, jumping ship and starting to wait the next one that is so much part of the behaviour of the current MMO gamer herd really infuriates me nowadays. It's like playing games wouldn't be the main thing.

Yep. It has become a pandemic in the world MMO community.

There will never be a perfect MMO. Come late spring or early summer, The Secret World will be dragged through the same treatment from MMO "fans" as SWTOR now. The New Messiah GW2 will hardly escape it either, but at least there won't be a flood of proudly posted "unsubbed" threads with it...

Yep yep.

I just don't see a "terrible Republic to Empire" ratio on my server. On the contrary, it's the Republic side that seems to be growing. This evening Republic Taris peaked at 50 people when I was there, with Coruscant at 70, and Imperial Fleet had at most 70. The numbers beyond the early planets seem to be stable, re-visiting Tatooine with my Imperial main it still fluctuated between the same 25-35 at prime time that it did a month ago.

I wish my server had your kind of luck. Most people and guilds are jumping off my server like it has the plague. We have hardly anyone on republic side. I made one got to 10 and qued up for pvp 3 hours later I logged off with not even one match. Reason was that we have hardly any republic players and those we do play only pve. On the empire side the only thing you ever play is hutt ball. Let me tell you it gets very boring very fast. We used to have a bunch of guilds now we are down to I think three guilds for empire left. Our server is about to go under. It used to be a heavy server. Now it is standard for peak and light off peak. Anyone that knows this syndrome it means if you are lucky for peak you will see maybe 10 to 20 people in a zone. Most of the time I do not even see anyone else. I could out of playing a long 8 hour session maybe see 5 others while playing this does not include the station that used to be crowded and is now a ghost town.

They really need to merge the servers soon because I know tons of people that have already said they are not going to keep playing a single player game and that is what our server feels like anymore. I did not understand the need for the sheer number of servers they made in the first place. It is just insane.