The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Server population is dropping...

Miffy

If you level both a Republic character and an Empire character to 50, you've seen most of the leveling content. The fact that every character follows the same progression makes this more a single player game than anything else. Not doing all eight storylines equals not doing half the content? Really? That's hard to agree with when the class story consists of a small handful of quests, five or so, compared to the multiple number of side quests on each planet. The class story ends around 50 as well. They had so much potential with the class story idea and they botched it.

Stop trying to pretend rolling alts is the way this game was meant to be played. This is an MMO. It's suppose to be about character progression. If i wanted to play the same parts of the same game just with different characters, there are tons of other single player games I can play and none of which charge a monthly fee.

The world design sucks for leveling alts. There is only ONE way to level regardless of what class you play.

Even if you ignore the repetitiveness of the world progression there is hardly anyone in the worlds anymore once you get past Coruscant/Dromand Kaas. I've never seen leveling zones depopulate so quickly after a game has been released.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you should REALLY find something else to do, one guy mentioned EQ and DAoC and I just laughed, you're NEVER gonna get games like that again!

Someone mentioned Vanilla WoW, buddy that time is long gone, Cataclysm was trash compared to Vanilla WoW and Burning Crusade, NO mmo in this generation is gonna satisfy or meet your expectations why is that so hard to understand?! Do yourself a favor and stop wasting your money, America's economy needs stimulating, go buy some TVs LOL

Edited by Logisitcs

I can see 300.000. Why? Cous i really can't see what els to do in the game thna hit 50, then make another alt

and you don't really play with other players. You solo all the way

There is much more to the game than solo leveling. I have an active guild and friends to play with. Flashpoints are as easy as "who wants to go?" Maybe I'm just lucky. Maybe I'm lucky to have been in the second wave of early access and stuck with that original server through the 2 weeks of login queue hell. Maybe I'm lucky I have friends to play with. I even have a solo alt (19 Commando) on another server specifically for "quiet time" away from the masses. Unless a player is on a low population server, soloing seems more a matter of preference. At least that's been my experience. Edited by GalacticKegger

There is much more to the game than solo leveling. I have an active guild and friends to play with. Flashpoints are as easy as "who wants to go?" Maybe I'm just lucky. Maybe I'm lucky to have been in the second wave of early access and stuck with that original server through the 2 weeks of login queue hell. Maybe I'm lucky I have friends to play with. I even have a solo alt (19 Commando) on another server specifically for "quiet time" away from the masses. Unless a player is on a low population server, soloing seems more a matter of preference. At least that's been my experience.

Yes. You're lucky.

You're living something that many ppl on this game can't live due to low server population.

On DC Universe was EXACTLY the same.

I was out questing tonight on my lvl 46 sith.... i was the ONLY PERSON on the planet i was working on... the ONLY PERSON.... you have to be kdding me the games not even 2 months old... there should easily EASILY be HUNDREDS of people on EACH PLANET

especially given there are only a handful of them....... games failing hard.. either that or there are just TOOOO MANY SERVERS and TOO many things SEGREGATING the players (7 instances per planet with 20 people in an instance)

Come on Bioware this is NOT one of your single player Games... fix this shizz

There is much more to the game than solo leveling. I have an active guild and friends to play with. Flashpoints are as easy as "who wants to go?" Maybe I'm just lucky. Maybe I'm lucky to have been in the second wave of early access and stuck with that original server through the 2 weeks of login queue hell. Maybe I'm lucky I have friends to play with. I even have a solo alt (19 Commando) on another server specifically for "quiet time" away from the masses. Unless a player is on a low population server, soloing seems more a matter of preference. At least that's been my experience.

ya, u r lucky,

and EA is more lucky, cause this is called 'network externality',

make EA earn more ur money.

Someone mentioned Vanilla WoW, buddy that time is long gone, Cataclysm was trash compared to Vanilla WoW and Burning Crusade, NO mmo in this generation is gonna satisfy or meet your expectations why is that so hard to understand?! Do yourself a favor and stop wasting your money, America's economy needs stimulating, go buy some TVs LOL

Cataclysm endgame was pretty meh I agree, but the expansion fixed everything that was wrong with the vanilla portion of the game (well, except silithus/winterspring). I'd pick Eastern Plaguelands, Silverpine, or even Swamp of Sorrows (they turned the whole place into warcraft rts nostalgia-land and it's AWESOME) over Balmorra or Taris or Alderaan any day.

OT: server population is still fine on my server. I routinely see lots of heavy servers at peak hours as well.

I was thinking about some numbers i saw and think this thread is fitting to talk about them.

Global First Ten Weeks (Units)

Week Ending Week Weekly Change Total

24th December 2011 1 1,453,494 N/A 1,453,494

31st December 2011 2 316,194 -78.2% 1,769,688

07th January 2012 3 111,762 -64.7% 1,881,450

14th January 2012 4 67,742 -39.4% 1,949,192

21st January 2012 5 59,131 -12.7% 2,008,323

28th January 2012 6 49,075 -17.0% 2,057,398

04th February 2012 7 36,225 -26.2% 2,093,623

These are the weekly sales numbers of swtor since release as seen on vgcharts.

They do not include digital sales, but since BW told they had sold 2m copys and 1,7m subs left last time they gave some official numbers it seems the digital sales would make up around 20% of total sales, no more.

Now given these numbers i wonder can the total sales of currently around 50k weekly including digital sales counteract any people that stop playing?

US sales only last week show only 8k, i simply cannot see how those numbers warrant the conclusion that it is currently goind anything but downhill.

8k Weekly new sales, around maybe max 12k incl. digital sales VS number of current players stopping in the us.

If one assumes the us market made up 1 mil of those subs, which seems to makes sense.

Then in order to actually have a growing population, no more then around 1% of the current playerbase can stop on a weekly basis.

Rather dire outlooks imho. Anyone wanna comment this maybe?

One might say: "Why do you care!?! just fking play and enjoy!"

Well one would care cause this is an MMO and having lots of players is kinda important to enjoy the game Pve,pvp and economy wise.

Seeing a grand total of 4 people in ilum and 30 lvl 50s. online at absolute primetime satuday evening on my server is kinds sad, WZ,world pvp and finding groups simply does not happen :(:mad:

Edited by Anelitt

Diablo 3 and I'll be a happy panda (pun intended) for a long time. :D

Diablo 3 isnt an mmo.

SWTOR is LIKE single player game.

Diablo 3 IS a single player game with 3 hours of story and graphics from 2003.

SWTOR = Diablo 3.

D3 is just made by Blizzard and thus people wont let it go.

Diablo 3 isnt an mmo.

SWTOR is LIKE single player game.

Diablo 3 IS a single player game with 3 hours of story and graphics from 2003.

SWTOR = Diablo 3.

D3 is just made by Blizzard and thus people wont let it go.

Diablo 3 isnt single player.

D3 is copperative/online multiplayer game with single player mode.

All I can say about this subject is that on my server pvp queues have gone from seconds to 30m. Was trying to level with pvp and I am now stuck at lvl 35 because there are no people online... Peek times 100 ppl in the Fleet. That's hardly massive multiplayer gaming...

Rome Total War > Starcraft

Shogun Total War > Starcraft 2

SWTOR > WoW

Borderlands > Diablo 2

Borderlands 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>> Diablo 3

Bioware > Blizzard

Blizzard is the most over rated game developer in recent history. They make hack versions of popular genre games and people eat it up.

3 hours of gameplay maybe in the demo, which was like one episode out of 256752 thousand hundred billions.

Game aint out yet anyway. Thats why its making stuff up.

And yet you claim it is already the best game ever... just because it is made by Blizzard...

Nah, i think i can play two games at once.

Diablo 3 wont kill any game for me... its a single player game with player hosted co-op. Like Halo.

Rome Total War > Starcraft

Shogun Total War > Starcraft 2

SWTOR > WoW

Borderlands > Diablo 2

Borderlands 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>> Diablo 3

Bioware > Blizzard

Blizzard is the most over rated game developer in recent history. They make hack versions of popular genre games and people eat it up.

Good thing myself and the MUCH LARGER majority think you're hilarious. Clearly you know nothing about what goes into making a quaility games. (Hint: Not 300 million dollars.)

It's one thing to Root for the Cinncinnatti Bengals, it's another to say they're better than the Patriots.

Edited by OldBenSmokin