SWTORcon or BWcon in the future?

Azzras

So do I. They obviously have a lot of great titles that people love. I just don't see them as the community focused company like I do with some other developers.

They've actually been posting a lot more about ppls concerns lately.

I think they're listening.

How about Biocon?

Has a nice ring to it.

If they did have a convention it would be held solely in the USA and EU members wouldn't be allowed admittance during primetime :p

Seriously though I would think it depends on how successful this game becomes.

Mass Effect is about to end. Dragon Age 3 I guess will be out at some point...there's the new C&C game that Bioware's releasing sometime in 2012/2013 then that's it. If TOR takes off and becomes huge in the USA then I'm sure a convention will be discussed. If numbers slide then I doubt a convention would attract many peeps. At least not a yearly one.

EA could easily have a convention though...The Secret World MMO, TOR, FIFA, Battlefield etc. Many franchises, hugely popular for the most part.

TL;DR Nah to BIOCON but 'Yes Please' to EACON!!!

Yes Please' to EACON!!!

Please say no.

Tickets would be overpriced, the con would be under developed due to being rushed out, and none of the EA people would bother talking to anyone there. They'd probably also impose some sort of ridiculous DRM on anyone who entered the building in an attempt to keep anyone from talking about it.

Just thought this would be a good time to announce it since Blizzcon was cancelled ;)

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/legendary-62-blizzcon-cancelled-world-of-warcraft/

What would be a good con name for BW to use?

:D

This game will never be big enough to warrant such an event. BioWare aren't currently fit to lace Blizzard's boots. Blizzard are by far the better developer. I used to hate Blizzard, but playing a game run by BioWare shows that Blizzard are not so bad after all and maybe I judged them too harshly.

That said, I'll not be returning to WoW or anything like that.

Edited by Mandrax

Please say no.

Tickets would be overpriced, the con would be under developed due to being rushed out, and none of the EA people would bother talking to anyone there. They'd probably also impose some sort of ridiculous DRM on anyone who entered the building in an attempt to keep anyone from talking about it.

This applies to "Biocon" as well, EA controls BW, because it is a brand.

They've actually been posting a lot more about peoples concerns lately.

I think they're listening.

How about Biocon?

True. They appear to be handling things faster, and in some cases actually reading the ticket/post. They're improving, certainly.

Not sure about 'BioCon' though. The WoW lemmings will already be screaming that it's a BlizzCon clone, just like they do for anything they perceive to be a copy of WoW, etc.. Calling the convention 'BioCon' would just give them more ammunition.

Then again, at this point, no one cares what the WoW lemmings think, so it may not even matter. :D

On another note..

I read the Blizzcon press release. My Universal Translator rendered the following synopsis of the message.

"Due to the massive loss of subscribers in our flagship title, we decided to cancel Blizzcon this year, because frankly, we don't think there's anyone left who would show up."

I think I may make that my new Forum sig. :ph_lol::cool: