4h. downtime... a SATURDAY???

zandadoum

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok first off not all Americans live on the east coast. Second not all Americans are jobless and therefore do not get up at 8am to play games. Get up at 8am to go to work school etc. Also UK is GMT -5 if I remember right so thats not 3am on west coast. The servers go down at 3am EASTERN TIME and come back up at 10am EASTERN time. So they do not go down between midnight and 5am for anyone but west coast people. There are 3 other time zones in the usa.

They are not going to cater a pay to play game to people who dont work and sit at home 24/7 playing the game. It doesnt matter when they do downtime someone will always be affected. Most people work at 8am they do not jump into a video game. You get home in the evening eat dinner play some then bed time. Thats how 99% of the world works. 1% sits home at 8am on a video game. Thats why the maint schedule is like it is.

First of all quite a large part of the workforce actually work shifts which means they may very well be home at "work hours" wanting to play, second UK is NOT GMT -5 as it stands for Greenwich Mean Time which is IN THE UK!!!

First of all quite a large part of the workforce actually work shifts which means they may very well be home at "work hours" wanting to play, second UK is NOT GMT -5 as it stands for Greenwich Mean Time which is IN THE UK!!!

Can you not read? Its -5 GMT eastern time :) Meaning is 5 hours earlier here. Sorry I didnt know so many people were confused over time zones.

Edited by Leggomy

Also you ignore the whole post and focus on a time zone issue. Nice.

It was only 4 hours on Sat so its even worse than you imagine :)

Oh No lol :)

So many Emo forums users crying over this. When I could not get on yesterday during my day off I played Skyrim and went shopping.

I came back and he same people where still crying about the downtime lol and here they are again.

I still cant believe people base there life's around an MMO to such a degree.

So Emo.

Can you not read? Its -5 GMT eastern time :) Meaning is 5 hours earlier here. Sorry I didnt know so many people were confused over time zones.

Also UK is GMT -5

you are writing uk is gmt -5

it is not, you wrote it wrong, therefor you might be confused about the time zones, we're not

The best part of this thread and others like it....is that the Euro's have their Beta testers to blame more or less correct? There was outcry that US servers would get content first with separate maintenance windows so they switched to the common window.

Can't please everyone. Be careful what you ask for. Etc. etc.

Oh No lol :)

So many Emo forums users crying over this. When I could not get on yesterday during my day off I played Skyrim and went shopping.

I came back and he same people where still crying about the downtime lol and here they are again.

I still cant believe people base there life's around an MMO to such a degree.

So Emo.

What I find amazing is some of the same people are posting how the game is unplayable. Which makes me wonder why they would complain about 4 hours downtime. Addiction is a terrible thing.

Read what you wrote please and then get back to me:rolleyes:

Also UK is GMT -5 if I remember right so thats not 3am on west coast.

All hate on this thread aside, isn't the issue that as a paying customer one has the right to expect access to reasonable playing times? The point is, that a Saturday during day-time is not reasonable. Whether or not one "has a life" or "can not do without MMOs" is totally irrelevant.

All hate on this thread aside, isn't the issue that as a paying customer one has the right to expect access to reasonable playing times? The point is, that a Saturday during day-time is not reasonable. Whether or not one "has a life" or "can not do without MMOs" is totally irrelevant.

Emergency maintenance. If the problem was affecting your character you wouldnt want to wait right? Reasonable people understand this.

Your talking like they do it every weekend lol, it happened once.

So Emo.

People weren't confused until you wrote that the uk was gmt -5!

Your talking like they do it every weekend lol, it happened once.

So Emo.

And we have a right to complain, even if it was once, so BW knows "emergency" maintenance, fixing a problem barely anyone knew about on a saturday is just taking the piss.

But then I don't know whether its worth dealing with all the childish hate this seems to attract.

Emergency maintenance. If the problem was affecting your character you wouldnt want to wait right? Reasonable people understand this.

But, for the 100Th time in this thread, immediate problems should be solved immediately, not wait 5-6 hours so it's convenient for US and shafts the EU. If it was that important they could have started bringing servers down right that moment. If it wasn't they could have rescheduled better.

People weren't confused until you wrote that the uk was gmt -5!

If you cant figure that out you have bigger issues guy. I guess some people just like to troll posts. We were talking about the east coast. Why am I even bothering trying to explain this to the third troll who pointed it out. You guys all know exactly what I meant. Just trying to troll.

But, for the 100Th time in this thread, immediate problems should be solved immediately, not wait 5-6 hours so it's convenient for US and shafts the EU. If it was that important they could have started bringing servers down right that moment. If it wasn't they could have rescheduled better.

They had to give people some kind of notice. As it was the notice wasnt even 24 hours as far as I know. They cant just drop the server on a whim without at least trying to give 12ish hours notice first. No matter when they did it someone would be upset.

They had to give people some kind of notice. As it was the notice wasnt even 24 hours as far as I know. They cant just drop the server on a whim without at least trying to give 12ish hours notice first. No matter when they did it someone would be upset.

And yet strangely enough they never choose to do things when it would upset the US playerbase. Wierd that.

What makes you think noone in the USA wants to play between 2am cst and 10am cst?

It is a fact however that US get preferable maintenance times to the EU. Whilst there might be some that want to play through the times you mentioned, these are ALWAYS the least populated hours in an MMO. Maintenance will always affect somebody, but it should be scheduled so that it inconveniences the LEAST number of people. As the least number of people play through the night time hours, those are the times it should be done for each region.