How about this

Eszi

The story so far:

I've hit lvl 50 yesterday, so now I've been trying to find/make a solid build (during breaks from getting spanked on ilum and attempting to get gear that won't suck).

Most of the builds I've seen are either full clockman or full combat, so I decided to make this: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#501MsroZhGrbzzrRrc.1

The ideas behind this build:

Ataru sucks, thus you will be in juyo

Ataru's zen sucks even moar

Precision slash is FUN FUN FUN FUN

Precision slash -> master strike hits like a truck

Heals from burn crits are kewl

Blade storm with +30% crit damage hits like a train full of rhinos

Force cloak is a good 2nd cc breaker

Cauterize is usefull (dot + snare + heal on crits)

Overload saber wins

TEH ROTATIONZ:

Havn't created a "perfect" one yet since the build is like 2h old.

But it's something like:

leap -> zaelous strike -> prec slash -> master strike -> blade storm -> stasis -> cauterize

-> zaelous strike (should be already up) -> overload saberz -> SPAM TEH SLASHHHHHH

Downsides that I'm aware of:

You have to "waste" 4 points in combat in the ataru (to get to the higher levels)

Consumes focus like crazy

More binds and skills to keep track of than in most of the other builds

Combines 2 styles of spending focus: combat's style of get as much and spend it quickly, and clockman's of spending it as soon as you get it

So...comment, let me know what should I change and all that stuff.

/puts flamesuit on (just in case)

I think this is a better attempt at what you are going for:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#501bIMRroMZGGrM00ro.1

You avoid ataru form altogether. I actually like the idea of this spec but without a training dummy and/or combat logs there's little way to accurately test it.

Looks good, but:

lacks merciless zeal (self-healing)

doesn't have the blade storm's focus cost reduced

doesn't have the +30% blade storm crit damage

spending 2 points into close quaters imo is a waste (u rly don't need the leap at <5 meters)

lack of debilitation makes master strike useless in pvp

no fleetfooted - no 2nd cc breaker

And yes, we need dmg meters :(

Edited by Eszi

You avoid ataru form altogether. I actually like the idea of this spec but without a training dummy and/or combat logs there's little way to accurately test it.

I cant see this spec beating full watchman or full combat, but as ^ says without a dps meter you can play any spec you like and hope its good.

Combat is built around blade storm and it's 100% crit chance with insane crit damage with +20% damage from ataru as well.

You went for the crit damage talent for ataru form,blade rush and blade storm yet you don't have blade rush, ataru form and your blade storms aren't 100% crit.

This build makes ZERO sense as master strike is so easily interruptible.

If we're talking pvp, then full watchman build, is, hands down best or combat with zen active going all out on bladerush+ blade storm.

This one is not viable neither for pvp or pve. Go with the usual cookie-cutter builds.

Edited by Strah

Why would you waste 4 points on ataru if you don't want to use it?

And about combat logs/damagemeters: -> record a video -> beat a high hp enemy -> respec -> do again -> count numbers / divide Hp/time. There it is, your own, custom built combat log.

I surely would like to see one in the game, too, but it's not like we don't have any means to calculate dps.

Edited by Gunfox

searing saber is broken i would take points out of it and move it somewhere else