How do you survive from something like a smuggler?

warultima

Basically I had my friend on the other side showing me his combo. Hes able to front load about 12000-14000 damage within 1 stun/knock down.

Unbreakable Will is only up once every 2 minutes and 14000 damage in 4 seconds pretty much means I am dead before I can fight back/heal/do anything.

And if you survive with 500hp left and get a shield off, their burst will do more than your shield b4 you can heal and kill you then if you didnt already died in 4 seconds when they jumped you.

Any idea how to survive those 14000 damage front loaded damage from stealth that seems everyone and their mom is running rightnow? (My front who showed me his combo was a Scoundrel running some melee/stealth spec). We did some tests too. On average combo by the time I wake up (assuming I dont unbreakable will out of his opening stun) he puts out 80% to 100%+ of my maximum HP (i have 14892hp, 200ish expertise rating).

No one has any problem fighting these 14k damage in 1 stun from stealth class? or is our brother Assassins doing the exact same thing to other people like them scoundrels?

Thanks.

Edited by warultima

And if you survive with 500hp left and get a shield off

Basically, PEBKAC.

Why are you waiting until after you take damage to put Static Barrier up? Static Barrier has a 100% uptime when not taking damage. You should have it up no matter what.

L2keepstaticbarrierupatalltimes.

Its 14k damage with a fresh static barrier and I will die even if I get a 2nd static barrier off.

Sorry maybe your server have ****** pvpers but not on mine.

So let me put it in this way. If a good smuggler that knows how to play was able to burst you thru your static barrier for 14k damage before the knock down wears off, how do you recover at that point? (about 500-1000hp left).

Hopefully a sorc play that knows how to play would give some suggestion other than l2p when the comment givers dont even know how2play.

Static barrier does not have 100% uptime because if you reapply it before it goes down it will bug out applying the debuff without actually applying the shield. Just FYI though I don't see how it's possible anyone hasn't noticed that. Also if someone doesn't think it's overpowered to open with 14k dmg from stealth/stun they either need to l2p themselves or they play a smuggler/operative. Wasn't the latest patch supposed to have nerfed this kind of damage from them? Or is that patch still on test. If this is what they do after nerf then I don't see how all the crying the nerfees have been doing is justified. If I did that kind of damage in one electrocute imagine the nerf cries. Edited by skarlson

I don't have any suggestions for you...I just wanted you to know you are not alone. I'm not the best PVPer in the world, but I'm not terrible. I can typically stand my ground against all the other classes, but I have trouble with the smuggler like you wouldn't believe.

Its 14k damage with a fresh static barrier and I will die even if I get a 2nd static barrier off.

Sorry maybe your server have ****** pvpers but not on mine.

So let me put it in this way. If a good smuggler that knows how to play was able to burst you thru your static barrier for 14k damage before the knock down wears off, how do you recover at that point? (about 500-1000hp left).

Hopefully a sorc play that knows how to play would give some suggestion other than l2p when the comment givers dont even know how2play.

14k with a fresh Static Barrier is pure exaggeration, plain and simple. I'd tell you how to not be bad, but you'd just shrug it off anyway and wouldn't be able to apply it when playing the game.

I don't have any suggestions for you...I just wanted you to know you are not alone. I'm not the best PVPer in the world, but I'm not terrible. I can typically stand my ground against all the other classes, but I have trouble with the smuggler like you wouldn't believe.

Thanks at least I know not only I have to face people that knows how to play.

I am borderline unkillable running tri-spec for PvP similar to hoko's and I can get 8 to 10 metals in 1 game especially in Hutball.

But my problem is again as I point out the enemy pvp guild now assign a smuggler on me whenever we join WZ. And the burst damage is far great that we have to run an offhealer to keep me alive. Even if I survive the burst 1 shot from their snipers will kill me. If I am able to survive and heal back up I will kill that very smuggler 1v1 however.

Baddie smuggler that I have no problem with but really 14k with a static barrier before their little knock wears off isnt exaggeration. I talked to the dude he said hes spec is to burst down someone real quick and he cant really sustain the damage and the burst works exceptionally well against lightly armored opponent.

Theres servers with extra baddie and server with known organized premades. I still dont see anyone with anything useful tactics, other than SPAM STATIC SHIELD IT ABSORBE 59023871409k damage l2p.

Hopefully swtor class forum can be more useful than wowkids baddies on WoW forums. And we already got a couple wowkids in here as it seems like.

did you miss my easy answer to your problem or did you just want to complain about things. here i'll post it again.

http://www.torhead.com/ability/fbkoliq/backlash

Yea I have revised my spec and am trying that rightnow. Sorry about the wowbads flooding the thread. It works pretty well so far. At very least it forces the smuggler to immidiately burn their CC break works wonders. It gave me enough time to recover from the knock down. Its actually more useful than it seems especially against those front damage loaders.

Thanks again.

Edit: its funny apparently everytime my shield goes down it does an AoE CC to EVERYONE around me not just the smuggler no cooldown for the effect neither.

Edited by warultima

Basically I had my friend on the other side showing me his combo. Hes able to front load about 12000-14000 damage within 1 stun/knock down.

Unbreakable Will is only up once every 2 minutes and 14000 damage in 4 seconds pretty much means I am dead before I can fight back/heal/do anything.

And if you survive with 500hp left and get a shield off, their burst will do more than your shield b4 you can heal and kill you then if you didnt already died in 4 seconds when they jumped you.

Any idea how to survive those 14000 damage front loaded damage from stealth that seems everyone and their mom is running rightnow? (My front who showed me his combo was a Scoundrel running some melee/stealth spec). We did some tests too. On average combo by the time I wake up (assuming I dont unbreakable will out of his opening stun) he puts out 80% to 100%+ of my maximum HP (i have 14892hp, 200ish expertise rating).

No one has any problem fighting these 14k damage in 1 stun from stealth class? or is our brother Assassins doing the exact same thing to other people like them scoundrels?

Thanks.

its frustrating

but.. everytime an operative/smuggler opens on me i pop static barrier and rakata medpac and they run away 9 out of 10 times...

other than that keep distance

its frustrating

but.. everytime an operative/smuggler opens on me i pop static barrier and rakata medpac and they run away 9 out of 10 times...

other than that keep distance

Lol you think its frustrating that you have to flee when a class gets to open on you under perfect conditions and you STILL CAN RUN AWAY or KITE HIM TO DEATH ?