Worse game launch to date? For no reason other than over caution

BoydofZINJ

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You, like everyone else, only consider it a bad launch because you're not currently playing.

Look at the 13th, every thread on the front page was people comlaining about not getting in; now on the 15th people have stopped complaining... because they're in.

You'll stop crying when you get to play with your toy.

So much crying on these forums. You should have pre-ordered immediately like the rest of us enjoying early access.

You have nobody to blame but yourself. They made it clear access would be given based on the order in which people pre-ordered.

So much crying on these forums. You should have pre-ordered immediately like the rest of us enjoying early access.

You have nobody to blame but yourself. They made it clear access would be given based on the order in which people pre-ordered.

Obviously you are not reading and like to troll.:mad:

I bought the CE at Gamestop. To this date, the store has yet to receive pre-order codes. When it was announced that the early access can be upto a week in advance... i bought a SECOND copy of the game... a lesser version... a $79.99 version... versus the CE $149.99. So think about that, I have bought two games... and I am not even playing yet. The CE purchase was in July.

I went to the store and bought the same thing. The code was printed in my reciept. I am thinking you may not be telling us the entire story here. Regardless it doesnt matter. It only matters when you entered your code and not when you got it. Relax you'll be in the game soon. Imagine me I got invited but I have to work 70 hrs a week before christmas. I cannot play because I have to work.

You do realize that this isn't the launch right? This is the early access. If you want to complain do it about how your CE isn't gonna be here for the 20th. But to complain that they staggered the invites out so that nobody who is in game would ever experience real lag, crashes, or queues... well thats just pathetic.

Whaaaambulance indeed. I mean, you do realize that Bioware can't change their entire launch plan because you got screwed by Gamestop right? Or bestbuy or whomever.

This is going to go down in history as one of the smoothest launches ever. You ever read the posts by WoW launch players who said the game was nigh on unplayable? So far, I've not complained about anything. I have no complaints about this launch. Its a better game than beta and THAT was a better beta than most.

Jeeze you whiners have no perspective. They should ship every pre-order with a complementary piece of perspective.

Seriously, admit it that you're whining because you're not in game yet. You're cranky because you had all of these unrealistic expectations and are now transferring your own bursting disappointment on the people who are bringing you the thing that you so desperately need. Its like watching the ****** try and beat up her pimp because he's a jerk when she just wants her hit, gimme gimme, please, but while I'm in withdrawal I'm gonna be a total psycho.

Its pathetic. I can't believe I'm going to be defending you guys in a week when you show up complaining about the grace period issue. (Because thats going to be a legit reason to complain $150 later.)

This is just sad.

Edited by P-Funk

From personal experience I'd have to say the worst MMO game lost to date is Anarchy Online,...

Sony is a close second with Star Wars Galaxies. They tried to make it the worst by re-releasing the game with entirely new mechanics twice though,... =P

This has to be the worse way to launch a MMO, or any game, launch ever. It is almost worse than long queues to enter the game!

Bioware is so ... overly cautious that it has denied its service to the people who want to play... only a select few get in each wave. While the rest of us... have to look and wonder why we are not the chosen ones.

Why am I being punished for purchasing a Collector's Edition at Gamestop and did not get a pre-order code until Dec 7th? I have copies and pictures of me with the receipt and pictures of the receipt that shows the purchase was made in July!

So why am I being denied access?

Because I did not rush to the EA website and purchase it on an official EA website!

I repent. I repent. Please, let me in. I am willing to use the Origin website on all future EA purchases! I bought it in September and yet I am not in... and there are people who bought lesser copies of the game... and who bought it AFTER me... who are leveling...

worse yet, when I hit the PvP zones... people will be max level... picking on me... because I am not playing yet. THANKS EA

Worse Launch ever?

It is almost better to be in a long queue and the servers go down... from time to time!!!

LOL! While people are starving in Africa...

Edited by smellymetal

This has to be the worse way to launch a MMO, or any game, launch ever. <snip>

Except, it isn't by far.

It is however one of the worst (or best) example of many people not reading what they buy.

Edited by xandax

Its pathetic. I can't believe I'm going to be defending you guys in a week when you show up complaining about the grace period issue. (Because thats going to be a legit reason to complain $150 later.)

I talked to gamestop today and unless you paid for overnight shipping you will be lucky to get it before christmas. They billed my card yesterday and I was mad because they said they would not bill until it ships. I was billed but the game hasnt shipped yet. I dont get how they can advertise they dont bill utnil it ships when they billed me already.

I dont know anything about that :)

where have you been living at darling? under a rock?:)

in the past 2 days, is one of the most common topics in this forums. only thing it remains unknown , is wether bioware is gonna do anything about it, or let it all go.

This has to be the worse way to launch a MMO, or any game, launch ever. It is almost worse than long queues to enter the game!

Bioware is so ... overly cautious that it has denied its service to the people who want to play... only a select few get in each wave. While the rest of us... have to look and wonder why we are not the chosen ones.

Why am I being punished for purchasing a Collector's Edition at Gamestop and did not get a pre-order code until Dec 7th? I have copies and pictures of me with the receipt and pictures of the receipt that shows the purchase was made in July!

So why am I being denied access?

Because I did not rush to the EA website and purchase it on an official EA website!

I repent. I repent. Please, let me in. I am willing to use the Origin website on all future EA purchases! I bought it in September and yet I am not in... and there are people who bought lesser copies of the game... and who bought it AFTER me... who are leveling...

worse yet, when I hit the PvP zones... people will be max level... picking on me... because I am not playing yet. THANKS EA

Worse Launch ever?

It is almost better to be in a long queue and the servers go down... from time to time!!!

Please don't come to my server to play. There are no cry babies there so far.

I have played many MMOs where you sit in queue for hours... and hours seem like days. Then the server craps out. Rift, Warhammer Online, Age of Crap, DCUO, Vanguard, Lineage 2, and a few others.... in many ways... this only seems good... if YOU are invited early. Otherwise, it feels like you have been cheated. Worse yet, I did not get a pre-order code early enough... and because I bought a $149.99+tax product versus a digital download for $79.99 ... it seems I am being penalized. That is the kicker. If I was only buying a normal copy... then i could say... "OH YEA... MY FAULT FOR NOT GIVING EA MORE OF THE MONEY." But I am buying the most expensive version of the game, and I bought it before many of the people playing the game... and yet... I am the one being penalized... and I am still shelling out more money than most of the people who are playing. The frustration is boiling.

The price of the object you bought has no bearing on queue lines or when you get in. When you registered the code is what counts. All the rest of what you said is just drama.

I couldn't afford the pre-order til last Saturday, matter of fact I didn't think I would have a chance to play at all. I registered December 10th.

Am I boohooing? No. Do I have patience? Yes.

I think the rest of us will probably (from what I have been reading and deducting) will be invited in on Friday this week.

That is STILL giving us the weekend. Plenty of time to do, learn, explore, have fun..etc.

Unless you are obsessed with being the first to do everything on a server..FIRST. I know people like that too. Pfffft. I'ts all pixels....Elmer. :D

where have you been living at darling? under a rock?:)

in the past 2 days, is one of the most common topics in this forums. only thing it remains unknown , is wether bioware is gonna do anything about it, or let it all go.

I dont really read a lot of the forums. Only doing so now because my work computer will not run any games heh. Also not a big fan of cheating :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.