Cover is BULL

Spiderbubble

Is every class mechanic which may counter a marauder a reason to post a "MARAUDER IS R BROKEN" qq thread?

Find the fool, Force Choke him out of cover, dare him to run away from you into a Force Charge... or does the community need to hold your hand through every scenario?

while that is true, it does not stop my feeling that any class able to take advantage of cover, should have to be using actual physical cover to stop a charge or pull.

Understood and partially agree. Just wanted to clarify.

Edited by Kibaken

Obfuscate = 4m

Saber Ward = 50% def to melee/ranged attacks, nada to tech/force w/ 3 min CD.

The OP was complaining very specifically about smugglers/agents taking cover(not even always real cover, sometimes just taking a knee) in hard to reach spots and letting loose.

Usually a Gunslinger/Sniper is doing weapon damage, so Saber Ward works.

Did you actually get around to testing, and found that a Scoundrel crouching in plain sight is immune to charging? Because if so... I guess I really should crouch more.

Usually a Gunslinger/Sniper is doing weapon damage, so Saber Ward works.

Did you actually get around to testing, and found that a Scoundrel crouching in plain sight is immune to charging? Because if so... I guess I really should crouch more.

Scoundrel, no; Gunslinger, yes.

You only get the bonus when you're actually "in cover" behind something. Gunslingers/Snipers get portable cover. Scoundrels/Operatives are only immune if they go into cover behind a barrel or something.

Is every class mechanic which may counter a marauder a reason to post a "MARAUDER IS R BROKEN" qq thread?

Find the fool, Force Choke him out of cover, dare him to run away from you into a Force Charge... or does the community need to hold your hand through every scenario?

This is not only about marauder, you are the one trying to make it into this, Juggernaut and Powertech suffer from the same sillyness. Though they have more ways of breaking this cover.

I just don't quite understand why people always complain about snipers. As a anni spec marauder, I never have such a problem. Basically you have two choice:

1. Charge into an enemy next to him, rapture the sniper, intimidating roar, pop all relics (and berserk if its up) and dps on sniper, pop saber ward and cloak of pain together, obfuscate the enemy next to the sniper. Continue to dps, force camouflage to loose being targeted, dps sniper again. By now the sniper should be dead. Pop undying rage and pop medpad, kill the other enemy. Your berserk should be up too. If not, use frenzy. With anni spec you are constantly healing yourself and the whole team. It is very easy to 1v2.

2. If the sniper is alone, camouflage in and simply dps the **** out of the sniper. 1v1 he can never kill you (of course you need to be anni spec)

It is that simple guys.