Damage Meter, how to get if you want?

Flexis

I'm asking because I don't know where I can get this addon to the game.

I'd like to know how much dps I do, so I can improve my gameplay, especially at the endgame.

While I ask this, there would also be nice with some kind of threat meter, if that exists.

This thread is not about damage meters beeing bad or good, useful or if they will destroy the game.

I just simply want someone friendly to point me in the right direction.

I could take a PM if you don't want to give the others the information..

Thank you.

(edit: Now I understand that there are no addons yet, but that we probably will get them later on when the combat log system is avaliable. From there, bioware will most likely add this feature themselves.)

Edited by Flexis

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd also be careful about the 3rd party add on clause in the EULA. Depending upon how it's used, it could be cause for a ban (as the EULA currently stands). Now I know nothing of damage meters, but just thought you deserved that extra tidbit that others might not tell you.

If the game supports combat log (assuming such is implemented in the future) saving on disk, a parser would be very easy to do that shows on top of the game like an addon without actually touching the game at all. Edited by Chikai

You want a damage meter? Hate to say this but, go back to WoW.

This is not the game your looking for :p

Regards

If this game is going to be serious in any way then there needs to be a damage meter or you wont know how badly you're "friends" actually suck.

download fraps, hit things for 60 seconds, watch it back slowly and count up the numbers that appear on the screen, / that number by 60..

I like my way, pretty soon people will get bored of doing it and realise there is more to the game ; )

Damage meters only promotes people playing with imaginary numbers and faking situations. In the end, did you kill the boss and did you have fun? If you killed the boss... WHO CARES who did what damage and who healed more and who did what.

If you had fun, regardless if the boss mob died or not, then WHO CARES!

HAVE FUN!

If you like playing numbers... get some money and play the stock market...

Damage meters only promotes people playing with imaginary numbers and faking situations. In the end, did you kill the boss and did you have fun? If you killed the boss... WHO CARES who did what damage and who healed more and who did what.

HAVE FUN!

thats a good atitude to have. : )

HAVE FUN!

And if you keep dying repeatedly because you are not killing the boss fast enough? How will anyone know if they're doing as much as they could. I know personally, I'd like to at least know how I can contribute the most to a fight, even if others don't.

HAVE FUN!

Then you need to go play a single player game or you're just going to end up as one of those people with 20 alts cause they suck too much to do end game content with a single character.

Edited by Vindicit

And if you keep dying repeatedly because you are not killing the boss fast enough? How will anyone know if they're doing as much as they could. I know personally, I'd like to at least know how I can contribute the most to a fight, even if others don't.

Aww you poor dear. You need a damage meter to figure out how to improve your performance. Sigh. Well... I just don't know what to tell you. Other than you use your own brains to figure it out. You know, intelligence. <3

no we need to get him to understand there is more fun to be had not watching numbers : ) the graphics in this game are amazing, look at them instead.

Yup... look at all those single tone colors and plain textures. Worse than WoW

Edited by Vindicit

Theory Crafting ruined WoW. Everyone in the same gear pressing the same buttons and flaming anyone who tried to do something different.

You can shove your damage meter, recount, and all that other cap where the sun don't shine for me.

its really obvious, i mean at ur screen, while u play u can see who is doin what, at least early 30;s flashpoints i got there..

Actually I would like recount so I can see who didn't dispel/interrupt or took damage from stupid stuff.

Yes we have these awesome players on the forum that claim to be good and do all these kind of things but we all know that's simply not true.

Besides if you are truly as good as you claim you shouldn't care about it right?