New to Powertech - Leveling Advice/ point allocation

Magehammer

Hello,

I am new to the BH Powertech Class and wanted to know the best leveling build people could recommend. I have read some of the information on the forums, and I think leveling using the C.Parakeet build ( 21/2/18) or perhaps Taugrims Iron fist build (25/14/2) would both be viable.

However, given these Hybrid builds, I would like to know where to put my points first starting from level 10 and moving up thru 15, 20, 25, 30, 5 , 40, 45 and finally 50. Is there anyone out there that could tell me exactly which tree I should be putting points into during my leveling process based on the above mentioned builds? I like the idea of tanking my way through things, so if it take me a little longer...I am ok with that.

As for Gear stats...during this leveling process, with these builds... should i be retaining gear based on Aim, Cunning, Def, crit? vs something else?

As for crafting, I was thinking of going Biochem/Bioanalysis/Diplomacy...any issues with this?

I appreciate all the help in advance.

Have a Great Day! :)

Hello,

I am new to the BH Powertech Class and wanted to know the best leveling build people could recommend. I have read some of the information on the forums, and I think leveling using the C.Parakeet build ( 21/2/18) or perhaps Taugrims Iron fist build (25/14/2) would both be viable.

However, given these Hybrid builds, I would like to know where to put my points first starting from level 10 and moving up thru 15, 20, 25, 30, 5 , 40, 45 and finally 50. Is there anyone out there that could tell me exactly which tree I should be putting points into during my leveling process based on the above mentioned builds? I like the idea of tanking my way through things, so if it take me a little longer...I am ok with that.

As for Gear stats...during this leveling process, with these builds... should i be retaining gear based on Aim, Cunning, Def, crit? vs something else?

As for crafting, I was thinking of going Biochem/Bioanalysis/Diplomacy...any issues with this?

I appreciate all the help in advance.

Have a Great Day! :)

Cunning gives the most benefit before 50. Also def is a great secondary stat to help you in pvp and pve both. Put all of your starting points into shield tree and use gas cyl for more dps. Good luck friend.

Cunning gives the most benefit before 50. Also def is a great secondary stat to help you in pvp and pve both. Put all of your starting points into shield tree and use gas cyl for more dps. Good luck friend.

Cunning for PT...?

the hell do you mean cunning? the ONLY stats you should be using as a BH of any specialization are aim and endurance. for secondary stats, leveling is easiest in terms of not getting annoyed by deaths if you level as an ST. For PVE you will run IGC with secondary stats focussed on Absorption and Shield rating. This procs far more often than defense and is thus more worthy of investment, though it is a bit less useful in PVP (lots of attacks in pvp ignore shields altogether)

the hell do you mean cunning? the ONLY stats you should be using as a BH of any specialization are aim and endurance. for secondary stats, leveling is easiest in terms of not getting annoyed by deaths if you level as an ST. For PVE you will run IGC with secondary stats focussed on Absorption and Shield rating. This procs far more often than defense and is thus more worthy of investment, though it is a bit less useful in PVP (lots of attacks in pvp ignore shields altogether)

Bad advice from someone with no spreadsheet or logger info obviously. He's not 50.

I have a BH PT at lvl34, so far I have put all my points into the shield tree as I lvl and I have had no problems so far. Hybrids are possible but I am doing fine with just one tree.

Craftwise, check your codex for the best comdo of crew skills. And last but not least, your armor is Heavy and the stats you want are +AIM and +Endurance.

Have fun with a great class.

p.s. Dont forget to fit a SHIELD offhand if you go Tanking.

I went Pyro until I put 18 into it then started putting points into ST.. I leveled DPS unless it was a Heroic and need to survive a bit more...

at that point you'll be 27ish or so once you hit Alderaan the ST skills will help you since mobs start taking steroids on Alderaan..

Biochem is a good choice.

Leveling as ST or pyro is viable and neither is hard, you first companion is a healer, keep her well geared.

ST you want the endurance heavy gear, pyro you want the aim heavy gear.

By the time secondary stats come into play, you will understand what is going on with gear. This game does not have a difficult learning curve.

As far as stacking, don't. Too much of one thing leads to diminished returns. Again, you WILL get it pretty quick as to what you need and dont need.