Commendations upgrading

Azahria

During the beta you could upgrade your commendations through commendation vendors, for example dromund kaas commendations could be traded for balmorra ones for certain rate. Now the vendors doesn't seem to sell those anymore so has anyone found a way to convert them?

I find it odd if it's not possible, since by the time you have amassed enough commendations to actually buy something you are through with the planet and commendations gear becomes somewhat obsolete.

this was removed even before the end of the beta most likely because a higher level player could solo lower level flashpoints to get all the coms they wanted then convert them to ones they could use and the fact that the first flashpoints were retooled to be completable by two people which meant certain classes could solo them at level with their companion

i'm a over halfway Dromun Kaas (about to head towards the sith temple), and used my commendations to buy an orange sniper rifle to upgrade my previous orange sniper rifle (mechanically only the mods differ, but the looks are better).

Anyway, even if you only have enough commendations for one or two items when you are leaving, they usually are nice enough to give you a small boost at the start of the next planet.

• 5 weeks later...
sad thing is that in the "SWTOR Explorer's Guidebook" yes the physical book you can buy with maps and such says you can "trade in" commendations at a rate of 2:1 and was released launch day so why would they put it in the book if you couldnt trade them in... that and theres a loading screen that says you can too so im really confused...

sad thing is that in the "SWTOR Explorer's Guidebook" yes the physical book you can buy with maps and such says you can "trade in" commendations at a rate of 2:1 and was released launch day so why would they put it in the book if you couldnt trade them in... that and theres a loading screen that says you can too so im really confused...

It was written based on information from beta, not launch.

• 4 weeks later...