[PVP] BEST Hybrid build 24/17/0

TheownOne

I agree with Atemus. Dark charge with force focus delivers best results for me.

What are the benefits of using a Force focus instead of shield?

I know shields in PvP are nowhere near as good as PvE, but still. Also, would you take a point in Dark Ward with it? Makes that talent pretty useless.

Why is Induction without Surging Charge a bug? No where in the talent does it specify that Surging Charge is a requirement. Are they adding this stipulation next patch because they don't like the strength of darkness/deception hybrids that are picking it up (which many people seem to indicate isn't worth it anyway?) I don't see such a change listed in the PTR 1.1.1 patch notes.

What are the benefits of using a Force focus instead of shield?

I know shields in PvP are nowhere near as good as PvE, but still. Also, would you take a point in Dark Ward with it? Makes that talent pretty useless.

Focuses give more Force Power and have dps stats. Atleast for me Shield seem bit lackluster. 20% chance to block 20% damage? Total = 4% damage blocked. Unless you pick supporting talents or gear shield stats which gimps your damage.

Definately should pick Dark Ward if you are going to use Shield. Valid option imo, but I prefer more offense. Using Dark Charge already brings me godly amount of survivability compared to Surging.

Copying this for another post I did trying to help some fellow assassins out as there is a lot of false information going on.

As a rank 59 full champ geared sin I can tell you if you want to feel OP in PVP run the 23/18 spec. Nothing is hard for me to kill, I can survive a OP opener and their burst pop a rakata med pack and them proceed to kill them. I feel pretty invincible and my team mates and the republics are always commenting about it during pvp matches.

If you want to do great DPS and have a pocket healer run a full deception spec, but if you don't have a healer you are too squishy unless you are sneaking around looking for single targets or half dead targets and have no intention on trying to do objectives to win.

If you want to live forever, be completely ignored by your enemies and hit with a Wiffle Ball Bat do a full Darkness Build.

TL;DR if you want to be OP run 23/0/18 everything else is meh!

Why is Induction without Surging Charge a bug? No where in the talent does it specify that Surging Charge is a requirement. Are they adding this stipulation next patch because they don't like the strength of darkness/deception hybrids that are picking it up (which many people seem to indicate isn't worth it anyway?) I don't see such a change listed in the PTR 1.1.1 patch notes.

Check your in game tootip for induction and you'll see. Its something they forgot to change.

What is the 23/0/18 build? care to link the build?

Put 23 points into Darkness in some intelligent fashion. Put the rest into Madness in some intelligent fashion. When you're done, you should have Force Pull and Electrify and some other stuff in Darkness, and Raze and other useful things in Madness.

Shouldn't have to spell it out, it should be pretty obvious.

You dont know that. What does the Force Lighting have to do with anything I said?? It is included in my build.

And yes you need extra force with the build to do sick damage with Maul spamming.

And I was quoting the Op's build not yours, didn't see yours till now. Its a better build than the Op's but I still don't understand your love of Maul, it can only be used once every 10 seconds, and have to get behind the person. Even with all these force regen things up(dark embrace, blackout, blood of sith) which is +80 force regen + 10 force your still only at 14 force regen a second, so the big 50 cost mauls will hurt force regen almost as bad. And I still stand by 23/18 being the stronger build.

If you really wanted to go maul crazy, check out this build I just made which uses surging charge and maul, and low slash for easier mauls.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200MfMs0McZhGrRkh0bz.1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.