The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

frc.org speaks out against SWTOR Same Sex Relationships!

Ogien

Quoting the article:

"On the game's website, there are more than 300 pages of comments--a lot of them expressing anger that their kids will be exposed to this Star Warped way of thinking."

Where at exactly?... I haven't seen anything on the forums. Going to call BS on this.

Ignorance doesn't go away. It just changes topics. Also, remember when it comes to video games. No one really does any research. Remember when mass effect was called a sex simulator? I do, I laughed for a good half hour.

Also, it should be noted that if bioware really did say "there are no gay or lesbian in the star wars universe"..Which, I for one never saw, ever. They didn't say there can't be BISEXUALS. Since romance is all an -option-

Edited by acheros

Ignorance doesn't go away. It just changes topics. Also, remember when it comes to video games. No one really does any research. Remember when mass effect was called a sex simulator? I do, I laughed for a good half hour.

Also, it should be noted that if bioware really did say "there are no gay or lesbian in the star wars universe"..Which, I for one never saw, ever. They didn't say there can't be BISEXUALS. Since romance is all an -option-

... downloading mass effect ...

OMG this is hilarious and disturbing, I can’t believe there are people that still think this way. I really did not care about this same sex relationship in SWTOR before, now I hope they add it in ASAP to piss off the bigots.

http://www.frc.org/washingtonwatchdailyradiocommentary/rebel-fleet-surrenders-to-gay-empire

That has got to be the funniest article I have read in a long time ...

Thank you for posting this link =)

"On the game's website, there are more than 300 pages of comments--a lot of them expressing anger that their kids will be exposed to this Star Warped way of thinking. You can join them by logging on and speaking up."

They'd need subs to that, right? I'm cool with that.

They may have God on their side, but we have the Bioware forum moderators. They have no idea who they're messing with.

Edited by Pink_Saber

Ah yes, the dreaded and feared homosexuals are attacking the last bastion of wholesome family values (no one ever mentions the over 50% divorce rate for some reason) namely, the video game.

Gays and lesbians exist and they have every right to expect gay relationships in games as far as I am concerned so I say go for it, Bioware.

PS: Its worth it just to piss people like the FRC off, ofcourse... :D

Ugh, the FRC raises it's ugly , stupid, hypocritical head again.

I refuse to listen to any group whose founding members were thrown out of theology classes for trying to twist Scripture to meet their own fantasies.

Gay-bashing is the least of these people's evils. All you need to know about these people is they think Santorum is the best possible canidate now that Bachmann is out.

These are the same people who find it morally better to let their children watch violent news about people getting slaughtered, tortured, house and life destroying natural events, etc. etc. and tell them that these people deserved it. When it comes to people caring for one another NOOO! Blind their children immediately! Don't let them see two people of the same sex showing affection to one another.

Hello everyone.

We are going to go ahead and close this thread. We ask that threads on the forums are centered around discussion of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

We ask that you please continue discussion of Same Gender Romance Arcs in Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ in the below linked thread.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=189316

As the topic of this thread is political and religious in nature and thus, inappropriate, we are going to close this now and ask that you please continue in the above linked thread.

Thank you.

Edited by Zilrota