The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

4h. downtime... a SATURDAY???

zandadoum

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean split Europe...NA...and I say why not go further right? PST...CST...EST...lets make Bioware set up teams in every timezone. See where thats going?

You think you are entitled to your own patch times...why shouldent everyone then?

Wheres that facepalm smiley...

The 'benchmark' for mmos has variable patching times for its server clusters (WoW, which for the record I have never played)

I saw this game had a european server to make it a better experiance for EU gamers, thus I assumed (wrongly) this would mean multopul patching times.

Then why are you still here? None of this should matter if you even did cancel. You either didn't cancel or you just love to hear yourself whine and moan.

Why are you here, in this thread? This affects the EU servers, not the American servers.

I am here because I have paid for access to read and write in these forums as part of the service, I have paid until Feb 18th, and I am following this thread as this is a MAJOR part of my reasons for unsubbing.

I want to see how long it takes for you Americans to understand just how big a deal it is to EU players - something you seem completely incapable of grasping as it is.

All of the whining here is pathetic. FFXI's servers were all international. All servers went down at the same time and guess when that was? Whenever it was convenient for Square in Japan.

Not once did you hear people crying over their game time being cut into. A few jokes at their expense for the inevitable extension/emergency maintenance following a patch, sure. Never any "QQ THIS COMPANY SUCKS I'M UNSUBBING NOW BECAUSE I CAN'T PLAY FOR A FEW HOURS BECAUSE THEY'RE FIXING THINGS"

Gogdamn. Go outside or something.

Edited by Excalibeard

You mean split Europe...NA...and I say why not go further right? PST...CST...EST...lets make Bioware set up teams in every timezone. See where thats going?

You think you are entitled to your own patch times...why shouldent everyone then?

Don't be silly

Most of Europe is quite capable of function based on CET. We're used to it since we've done it for several hundred years already.

Bioware, however, is completely incapable of even acknowledging that EU exists and have a problem with this.

All of the whining here is pathetic. FFXI's servers were all international. All servers went down at the same time and guess when that was? Whenever it was convenient for Square in Japan.

Not once did you hear people crying over their game time being cut into. A few jokes at their expense for the inevitable extension/emergency maintenance following a patch, sure. Never any "QQ THIS COMPANY SUCKS I'M UNSUBBING NOW BECAUSE I CAN'T PLAY FOR A FEW HOURS BECAUSE THEY'RE FIXING THINGS"

Gogdamn. Go outside or something.

This.

I played FFXI and i went thought this... But did that make me quit?... No.. This is why i'm posting in this thread calling people out on this

Actually, no. This is the first time I've ever cancelled a sub for other reasons than me not affording the game (be it lack of money or time).

Sub is cancelled, gametime expires Feb 18th. I don't expect to log in again as I've started up LotrO and still have a gazillion singleplayer games to play besides.

Seriously sorry to see you go for this. I guess I've just become accustomed to MMO maintenance over the 12-14 years I've played them. Turbine has similar maintenance schedules to BioWare, by the way.

Fact check mate.

NA and EU have different servers and different Customer service teams. Europe has its base in Dublin, Ireland. The EU servers are located there.

Bioware gave the EU its own servers because they recognize that 30-50% of your customers count for a lot of income.

Please tell us the real reason you don't think we should be treated equally. I'm all agog with anticipation.

One more time in case you missed it. The EU market for TOR is either equal to or slightly less than the USA market. Therefore worth treating equally...like WoW and Rift treat their european customers. Clearer now?

Yeah, they certainly took the MASSIVE amount of complaints about EU maintenance times seriously.

Oh, wait. They've completely ignored it at all levels.

Cry me a river... They patched a high priority problem and it had to be done. Whether it was the middle of the day in the UK or the middle of the day in the U.S someone in the world was going to have to miss peak time.

All of your posts are talking about how terrible this game is...so why does it matter if they game is down for you?? You hate it yet you can't get enough of it? The amount of people who want to smear this game is ridiculous.

Edited by TheSpeeGamers

A lot of US posters seem to be trolling in this thread, but the more intelligent ones I'm sure can see the discrepancy here.

EU players have every right to expect the same level of customer service as our American counterparts. This isn't about hating on Americans, we just don't appreciate being treated as though our money is not as good as America's.

If for some reason Bioware had never planned for split maintenance times to be a possibility, then it's really a monumental screw up on their part because it will ensure that half of their customer base is always going to get poor customer service in comparison.

I've seen a lot of posters spouting garbage such as "The world doesn't revolve around you" or "You have a sense of entitlement that is not valid". But we aren't asking for the world to revolve around us, we are just asking to be treated the same.

Wheres that facepalm smiley...

The 'benchmark' for mmos has variable patching times for its server clusters (WoW, which for the record I have never played)

I saw this game had a european server to make it a better experiance for EU gamers, thus I assumed (wrongly) this would mean multopul patching times.

So your failure to comprehend and inform yourself..read the EULA is your bad. Grats.

Trion Worlds is doing seperate patching and maintenance on Rift since launch and they didn't have an issue afaik.

There is a *slight* problem, if you go from an "up to date" client on patch day to the other region which *isnt* patched up, and this can result in a large redownload of old data, and then *another* patch when that region gets updated...

Yeah, its not perfect, but that is always going to be a problem on patch days though

So... this whole 'every once in a while I can't play' thing is that bad to you?

Get a life.

How mature of you... I have one thank you and I though playing this game could have been a small part of it. Obviously that is not possible most fo the time.

Now remind me again what intelligent content your post was supposed to bring into this discussion?

Most of Europe is quite capable of function based on CET. We're used to it since we've done it for several hundred years already.

Bioware, however, is completely incapable of even acknowledging that EU exists and have a problem with this.

Tell you what, when you get a half decent gaming company from Europe to launch a major title MMO and they do all the maintenance to play out better for the Europe side of the house, then the Americans will have something to complain about.

BUT since Europe can't produce many of it's own things such as a MAJOR MMO title, then I don't think we will have to worry about that. All MMOs do global patches, it's just not WoW and SWTOR. Do your research before paying for a game, guess what, LoTRO does it too...when they decide to ever patch and let exploits run free in the wind for 4 months.

Bioware hates Europe SOOOO much!

In fact, they hate Europe so much, that they moved the European launch up to meet the US launch after they initially planned to stagger it world wide. They hate Europe so much that Europe was given it's own localized servers as soon as America! Which is something that almost never happens.

Guess what happened!

The Europeans on this board complained!

That's right! After Bioware said, "Ok, we're really not prepared for it, but we'll give you the game earlier than promised", the Euros complained.

Why you ask?

Because the launch date was TWO WHOLE DAYS after the US version! That's right. Bioware, those Europe hating monsters, positioned their earlier than planned launch, slightly later, than the country the game is produced in. Then Bioware conceded and moved the launch date, to match the NA release.

All the while, insulting the crap out of Americans for being selfish, ignorant, lazy (all true by the way, but so are Euros), and slamming Bioware for being racist.

Because to European gamers, racism means slightly inconveniencing European gamers, while treating them to a game no one else gets localized servers for. "Blimey! No servers in Asia? Who cares, once a week I may not be able to play the game for a few hours depending on my schedule."

Poor Europe.

Edited by Fiachsidhe

Cry me a river... They patched a high priority problem

erm... no? they patched some crap that could have waited till tuesday no problem. unless they patched something more they aren't telling

and it had to be done. Whether it was the middle of the day in the UK or the middle of the day in the U.S someone in the world was going to have to miss peak time.

and it ALWAYS happens to be in the middle of the day in EU. do i see a pattern here?

so far, from 80+ pages of nonsense, hate EU<>US and other clueless stupid comments, the only thing i have seen that i personally actually liked, was the idea to do it one week to please US, another week to please EU (and i might add: if possible another week to please NA)

but, no! EU and NA are second grade customers, so they can just screw us like they want.

why they don't do it in the US? because in the US you can slip on your own spilled coke in a macdonalds and win the case if you sue, while in EU you wouldnt win a case against them even if you had them on tape killing your family.

Edited by zandadoum

How mature of you... I have one thank you and I though playing this game could have been a small part of it. Obviously that is not possible most fo the time.

Now remind me again what intelligent content your post was supposed to bring into this discussion?

4 hrs on a Saturday or w/e it is for you is most of the time? Really?

So your failure to comprehend and inform yourself..read the EULA is your bad. Grats.

For about the 10th time - the EULA has no legal standing the the EU/UK because we have different laws.

And this is about customer service and THEM making money. If they keep treating EU customers worse than American customers then they will lose subs over it.