The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

4h. downtime... a SATURDAY???

zandadoum

for client side patches not for server side patches or maintenance

They put a server side patch out...What's the big deal?

Seriously calm down and go play its up...That's what I'm about to do...Its an annoyance but hardly anything to ***** over....

Sorry, forgot you were entitled to everything.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

>.> because US are the ones being self centered here...

How is the US being self-centered here? Hells bells, most of this country's gamers have been asleep during the downtime and still are.

EDIT - wait, I think we misunderstood each other. -.-

Edited by DarthTorne

They put a server side patch out...What's the big deal?

Seriously calm down and go play its up...That's what I'm about to do...Its an annoyance but hardly anything to ***** over....

Sorry, forgot you were entitled to everything.

there was no need for saturdays downtime with server side patch.. No reason at all why they could not have done both server farms at off peak time for their location

Edited by corbanite

there was no need for saturdays downtime with server side patch.. No reason at all why they could not have done both servers at off peak time for their location

They obviously thought it important and it may have done more things that aren't in the notes...You don't know the full story.

Grammar is not optional for written English.

I have no idea what you're trying to say here.

@C-Bee

No, I am saying that this reaction to a little bit of downtime is ridiculously overblown, and am trying to give people a bit of perspective since this is a once-off for people on the EU servers. Ultimately down time is not going to cater to everyone, regardless of whether they're in the US or not. Some players have night-shift, others normal day shift, so should the people who work night-shift start acting like children demanding that they be catered to just because the maintenance time doesn't suit them?

Bad customer service is letting those people who have not been able to get into the game wait because it's inconvenient to people in the EU.

But it's not just for this bit of downtime, it's for every week when they take the servers down during the daytime for EU players. It's because this is now the THIRD time that BioWare has taken the servers down for EU players at critical times.

The first was on 27th December when it was a public holiday in the EU yet BioWare took the servers offline from 10am until 6.30pm (GMT). The second was last week when they delayed patch 1.1 which eventually got patched during prime time for EU players. This tie they decide to patch on a SATURDAY... It is totally and 100% unacceptable.

If this was a once in a blue moon thing, the reaction here wouldn't be so bad, but this issue is building up, EU players were hoping to see some kind of let up, but it's actually getting worse for us.

If the patch fixes various complaints that people on these boards have been whining/moaning/QQing/sobbing over for weeks then really what's 4 hours? It's Saturday. If you have the day off then go do any number of things. Assuming you're reading this you probably have the ability to:

1. Read a book
  2. See a movie
  3. Spend time with family
  4. Go to the park
  5. Clean your room/house
  6. Wash your car
  7. Have coffee with friends
  8. Redesign your outdated website
  9. Clean the dust out of your machine
  10. Make videos and post to YouTube in hopes of going viral
  11. Brush AND floss your teeth
  12. Take a nap
  13. Give to charity
  14. Propose to your girl/boyfriend
  15. Go out on a date
  16. Bunjee jump
  17. The list goes on...

SO... get out of the house or put the computer down for a few hours. You will survive! :cool:

Most on here are 15yo kids who can barely spell "trashed". So, yeah, that wont happen...instead, they will sit here and cry that they cant play a game they hate...

Freaking blows my mind, first everyone cries that the game is broken and starts to yell "FIX THIS OR I WILL UNSUB" then those same people start to cry when the severs go offline for a patch....

simple minded people saying simple minded things...

And the thing that makes you so superior in this thing is... what was it a again exactly? Could it be that you just dont care about quality of customer service or quality of the product you are paying for?

Even most 15yo kids can spot bad quality when they see it... It's amazing that an adult (I assume you are one) does not.

Edited by C-Bee

They obviously thought it important and it may have done more things that aren't in the notes...You don't know the full story.

What are you on about..??

Server side patches that do not affect the client can be done at off peak hours at seperate times. This is what you are not grasping.

They pi55ed off a good sized portion of their player base for what exactly?

There was no need to do the server side patches at the same time.

But it's not just for this bit of downtime, it's for every week when they take the servers down during the daytime for EU players. It's because this is now the THIRD time that BioWare has taken the servers down for EU players at critical times.

The first was on 27th December when it was a public holiday in the EU yet BioWare took the servers offline from 10am until 6.30pm (GMT). The second was last week when they delayed patch 1.1 which eventually got patched during prime time for EU players. This tie they decide to patch on a SATURDAY... It is totally and 100% unacceptable.

If this was a once in a blue moon thing, the reaction here wouldn't be so bad, but this issue is building up, EU players were hoping to see some kind of let up, but it's actually getting worse for us.

Its really not as bas as yo uthink...1.1 did not get patched during EU Primetime. It got patched when every other patch gets patched...just on a different date...

You guys will seriously complain about everything...

Bioware, give us a couple of Primetime patches so EU players will quit ************ and the US players can show them there's more to life than gaming.

If the patch fixes various complaints that people on these boards have been whining/moaning/QQing/sobbing over for weeks then really what's 4 hours? It's Saturday. If you have the day off then go do any number of things.

I really don't understand the logic behind such posts. Yes, I can do anything. Let's say I decide to go bungee jumping. It costs 150EUR to jump. Will Bioware pay for my jump, since I was unable to play for the game I paid them to play? I wouldn't go and jump if their servers weren't down in the middle of the weekend for no real reason. So will they or won't they?

It's not about ranting, that I can't play. It's about a service I paid for and am unable to use. How far will it go anyway? First it was tuesdays. All day long, sometimes till 8:00 PM. Now it's 5 hours on saturday. What's next? Monday till friday till 6:00 PM? All weekends during EU prime time? How far will you allow them to go before you realise you're getting screwed? Unless you live in the US ofcourse...

Regards,

Kalantris

Edited by Kalantris

Certainly the customers in North America do get a little better service than us, but the game is based in North America, so sometimes we have to sacrifice a little. To be honest, I find it a little pathetic how many people are raging over their inability to play for a few hours. Surely there is something else in your lives you could be doing until it comes back online.

Are you serious? I don't know about Aussies, but here in EU we are paying for a service (we are not playing for free) and we are receiving a very bad treatment.

All the people you are calling pathetic, aren't raging because they just can't play, the anger is about the disrespect showed by BW. I hope you all that have lack of understanding, can finally get the point.

Edited by zomson

That's the very point some of us are trying to make..

If they would just tell us the full story instead of hiding things from us, there wouldn't be an issue.

What are you on about..??

Server side patches that do not affect the client can be done at off peak hours at seperate times. This is what you are not grasping.

They pi55ed off a good sized portion of their player base for what exactly?

There was no need to do the server side patches at the same time.

Because if this fixed exploits, you can't have half the game still doing the exploit while the other half doesn't...or if they took it down to fix people's valor for the Illum fix, etc. You honestly can't say what all they did because you aren't them and they deemed it necessary so stop complaining and go play.

Im more than happy to accept that im from the UK and play on an east coast server, I understand that my maintanence times will and should be on their schedule. i want to play with my guild etc so this i accept.

But i also play on EU servers with my brothers and a few mates from round here and if we have time to play all together which is rare it can and has been affected by the inconsiderate downtimes.

Yes there are americans and others who play on the Eu servers and live their lives to that time zone. they have a right to be pissed off as well.

They let us choose the servers by area so why not downtime by area?

The thing that pisses most people off i suspect is the lack of communication.

I wasnt even aware of this till i come to log on this morning and cant. I then go to forums and find out posting has been disabled. Great so now we can only sit and wait for a post at god knows when about if and when it will come up. Maybe i would like to discuss something unrelated to downtime but cant do that cause they have shut it down.

They annouce things via twitter? i dont bloody read twiiter when playing or trying to find updates that should be on the main site. same for facebook. The lack of contact and unwillingness to engage with the community is whats doing this game in.

I hope they sort this out as its putting off alot of EU players :mad:

Its really not as bas as yo uthink...1.1 did not get patched during EU Primetime. It got patched when every other patch gets patched...just on a different date...

You guys will seriously complain about everything...

Bioware, give us a couple of Primetime patches so EU players will quit ************ and the US players can show them there's more to life than gaming.

Well if it wasn't 1.1, it was the patch the week before, the servers were taken down at 4.30pm GMT (which is up to 8.30pm depending on your EU zone). Either way, it's still the third time servers have been taken down during peak hours.

You do not know what you are talking about for EU players.

Edit: Here is the correct link showing the evening update for EU players

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1862471#edit1862471

Edited by Mandrax

Because if this fixed exploits, you can't have half the game still doing the exploit while the other half doesn't...or if they took it down to fix people's valor for the Illum fix, etc. You honestly can't say what all they did because you aren't them and they deemed it necessary so stop complaining and go play.

Seriously, do you ever complain as a customer? Would you complain if I sold you a pair of shoes and then took them away on tuesday, because I deemed it necessary to fix something? Would you then ask me, if I could take the shoes while you're sleeping and not using them instead of taking them away from you right before you were about to go jogging? Do you ever complain if you feel like the service you receive is below your expectations?

Regards,

Kalantris

That's the very point some of us are trying to make..

If they would just tell us the full story instead of hiding things from us, there wouldn't be an issue.

maybe they simply can't. Maybe there are other things effected and its against their policies to tell us what all is going on.

Exploits hardly ever make it into patch notes in most games because they don't want people to know they existed to begin with.

I have a friend who could show you ingame chat logs, Skype Chat logs, and chat logs with a GM about a guy in WoW who had an item Dupe exploit he knew about and was ruining server economy because of it. That fix never made it into the notes. They won't put exploit fixes into notes most of the time...especially if they weren't widely known.

Its very simple, each of us have our own opinion.

We all have our own schedule, we all have our prefered days of playing.

There's 2 days a week i can't play because Tuesday's and wensday's are 2 of those days i have time to play during the day.

Yet those 2 days i have been unable to play for the last weeks.

Now they throw a Saturday on top of it aswell.

I had time to play till around 4pm today, last night me and some guildies agreed to start doing some HM's in the morning.

My Saturday is completly F***** FOR A BLOODY SERVER STABILITY PATCH .... the first thing i did was CTD when i loaded in the game.

For me the counter is on 3 lost days this week and around 9 lost days this month.

For me personal, its to much.

I want an MMO with 1 day of downtime a week, not 3.

This saturday for me personal is a sign bioware says "In your face"

Now im going to say "In your face" when my sub runs out.

And pls spare me the bull excuses like the majority of players is from the US.

They launched the game in Europe, you have EU servers, now take them down during EU nighttimes.

Edited by Bobiefatt

And every Australian player has to deal with this for every MMO on the market, and in our true peak time (7pm-1am), which is before I get home from work, and after I go to sleep. Yet have you heard the many Australian players on the forums complain about this at all?

The frustration sets in from seeing this big cryfest about something that is really not that big a deal. And it really isn't. They have to do maintenance at some time, and yes, in an ideal world it would suit everyone perfectly, but ultimately whenever you schedule it, it's going to interrupt someone's play time.

The issue here is the overwhelming theatrics and quite pitiably a sign that a large percentage of people here have nothing else to occupy their time/are that addicted to a video game that they're throwing temper tantrums.

The levels of immaturity on this forum sometimes is wearing.

Seriously, do you ever complain as a customer? Would you complain if I sold you a pair of shoes and then took them away on tuesday, because I deemed it necessary to fix something? Would you then ask me, if I could take the shoes while you're sleeping and not using them instead of taking them away from you right before you were about to go jogging? Do you ever complain if you feel like the service you receive is below your expectations?

Regards,

Kalantris

If it was necessary they fix my shoes that instant, I would trust them and say "Okay, I'll go use another pair of shoes till you're done with them" because I'm a reasonable adult and trust the people who make my shoes.

Edited by Sejia
reply to inappropriate

And every Australian player has to deal with this for every MMO on the market, and in our true peak time (7pm-1am), which is before I get home from work, and after I go to sleep. Yet have you heard the many Australian players on the forums complain about this at all?

The frustration sets in from seeing this big cryfest about something that is really not that big a deal. And it really isn't. They have to do maintenance at some time, and yes, in an ideal world it would suit everyone perfectly, but ultimately whenever you schedule it, it's going to interrupt someone's play time.

The issue here is the overwhelming theatrics and quite pitiably a sign that a large percentage of people here have nothing else to occupy their time/are that addicted to a video game that they're throwing temper tantrums.

The levels of immaturity on this forum sometimes is wearing.

When this game is released officially in your Country, you have a right to complain. Until then, you are playing a foreign game and have to abide by their server rules.

When I play US games on US servers, I expect maintenance to be done at times to suit the US player base. When I play on EU servers, I expect maintenance to be done at times to suit the EU player base.

Sorry if I expect to much, but other games manage to do this fine, the fact that BioWare, a multi-million dollar company, can't do this, only highlights further how out of their depth they are with this game.