Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Why are so many players thin skinned about a defeat in pvp?

Chiricahua

It didn't use to be that way. I don't remember that many players in WoW forums getting upset. I've yet to see one tea bagging incident in over 200 warzones, yet it happened all the time in SWG. Players just laughed it off. It was all part of great fun. Now players act like they want to appeal their defeats to the Supreme Court of PVP.

It is weird. Scared of losing, scared of dying.

I think it is a pve mindset where you die/lose .008% of the time.

I am amazed how many people are afraid to die in pvp. I have seen people run so far away to stay alive they took themselves out of play much longer than just dying.

I know i am not going to win all the time but if i do my best then I give my side a good chance. Due to how things are matched up few people will win most of the time.

I think people need to get better at identifying how and why they lose and stop blaming gear, classes or their teammates.

Not sure. I just shrug, and while waiting for the rez/door I try to figure out what I could have done better so that I might not have died. Like positioning myself in a bad area, not using a defensive cooldown at the right time, using the stun at the wrong time, etc.

It didn't use to be that way. I don't remember that many players in WoW forums getting upset. I've yet to see one tea bagging incident in over 200 warzones, yet it happened all the time in SWG. Players just laughed it off. It was all part of great fun. Now players act like they want to appeal their defeats to the Supreme Court of PVP.

Becuase losing doesnt advance your toon while winning does.

But I think the thing that bothers most of us new 50s is that we cant farm lowbies for easy wins/gear like the first batch of 50s did, we have to actually beat co-ordinated teams of easymode geared 50s and then win repeatedly so we can aquire the same gear they got off us while we were levelling up.

I am amazed how many people are afraid to die in pvp. I have seen people run so far away to stay alive they took themselves out of play much longer than just dying.

I know i am not going to win all the time but if i do my best then I give my side a good chance. Due to how things are matched up few people will win most of the time.

I think people need to get better at identifying how and why they lose and stop blaming gear, classes or their teammates.

Sadly in gcd 3 hotbar land its hard for me to be better then my competition vs. say no gcd and 10 hotbars worth of abilities where I can outplay my opponent by knowing the ins and outs of my class as opposed to having to outgear my opponent.

I don't know that it's a PVE mindset, but I encounter the same thing. It's wierd alright. I mean they run all the way to the other freaking side of the map just to keep from having person X "kill" their character. Then they lurk until after you've been focused on an actual WZ objective and blown all your cooldowns and are at half health or less just to jump you again so they can say they "won..."

*sigh*

as losing gets you nothing, no real money, no real comm (unless you farm medals) doesn't advance your daily or weekly. Also most people who are losing are losing all the time. They are also being smashed not just beaten by a little bit.

I think people would be happier if could still achieve towards your quest while losing.

in the end. gear > all

I don't mind losing in pvp, but what I do mind is people using exploits like pulling the ball carrier up to the opposing teams spawn area. I am sure BW never intended that to be a legitimate strategy in pvp. You actually cross the goal line yet you are instantly killed and receive no points. I am fine with the instant kill so people can't camp spawn points, but if the ball carrier crosses the goal line the point should count.

I run away like that all the time. Its not that I am afraid to die. I do it to keep the three idiots chasing me distracted. In the time that it takes them to chase me across the map to get their "easy kill," my team usually scores because 7 vs 5 is a lot easier than 8 v 8.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.