Green laser walls / class sections reduce interaction

al_giordino

These green walls make it so you don't meet up with other people your level doing the same quest chains... In other MMOs you can run into other people and see they are doing the same quest lines you are. Next thing you are grouping up, making a new friend, and having fun. Later, that friend might introduce you to a new friend and eventually you have a group of friends to level and play with...maybe start a guild with. In SWTOR, your main quests are segregated from others main quests by the green walls, so these community building experiences don't occur...

I like the instancing for class quests because I don't have to worry about dealing with the other 43 people on the same quest as me.

Want to kill that droid for its datacore? GET IN LINE, SUCKA!

If there were 3 other people there you could all group up, kill it once, and then move onto whatever is next with a new set of friends

That's what I'm talking about

But hey if you like single player mode, more power to you, seems lots do.

If there were 3 other people there you could all group up, kill it once, and then move onto whatever is next with a new set of friends

That's what I'm talking about

But hey if you like single player mode, more power to you, seems lots do.

Why the hell would I group with people to do a quest I could do on my own? So I can share all the loot?

Your argument is bad and you should feel bad

people who complain about the instancing are foolish.... You can still play the game with other people just form a group and shock.. go into the group instances.

what's much worse is getting to a building going inside and seeing every mob spawn being camped by 10 players and making it hard for you to complete your quest.

or, being able to walk by about 50 dead bodies and just clicking on the objective instead of having to do the actual mission.

Bioware solved this problem by creating quite a few group areas where players can still group up to complete missions but don't have to worry about these problems.

So click the setting in your preferences that let other people follow you past those green walls?

I'm not seeing the problem here.

This. There's a setting you can turn on in your preferences to allow it. Problem solved.

Edited by daemian

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.