Don't call it a comeback, cause the "Stutter" ain't never left!

Renlotho

Seriously, I'm having about 25 to 30% less stuttering, but still its a plauge. Worst of all is force stasis. I will often do the animation, see the channel, have it go to CD and nothing happens.

Now it's POSSIBLE it's a micro lag spike and they used their CC breaker, but unless other classes have a MUCH faster CD on their CC breaker, I'm thinking its an ability issue. Other sents in my guild have the exact same complaint. It seems to happen when I start it at or near the outer limits of range, much like the melee stutters. I also get LOTS of stutter still on Merciless slash.

Anyone else still haunted by the stutter? It seems to happen with the slower animating attacks like merciless slash. Shouldn't instant abilities apply damage immediately and animate afterwards? I mean the sorcs get insta damage lightning while my buddy sages see their rocks fly and no damage apply due to whatever bs. So why would an instant ability that REQUIRES melee range, not immediately apply? Also, Force stasis is an immediately applied channel, why isn't it you know, immediatley working?

Am I alone on this? I have an old dual core I'm upgrading (today yay!!!!). I've heard this is related?

Comments?

Edited by Renlotho

I have a pretty old computer, I've gave it a few upgrades but upgrading to a new one soon anyway. I turned my queue down to 0.0 a while ago and that helped a little and then when they implemented this patch it fixed it, for the most part. Every now and again my MS won't go off and I have to sit there for the next 3 seconds. But this seems the only one bothering me and my crappy pc haha.

I have a pretty old computer, I've gave it a few upgrades but upgrading to a new one soon anyway. I turned my queue down to 0.0 a while ago and that helped a little and then when they implemented this patch it fixed it, for the most part. Every now and again my MS won't go off and I have to sit there for the next 3 seconds. But this seems the only one bothering me and my crappy pc haha.

I will try that thanks!

If the guy you are trying to grab with stasis has a full bar of resolve you won't be able to lift him. The damage from stasis will still tick, and you will stay there in the animation with your hand up, but no stun effect, that might be your issue.

Funny how my resolve bar never seems to work eg full resolve and I still get stunned etc. :rolleyes:

Anyways, I don't think that's it because a guildie specifically was looking for that and said they had little or no resolve. Also, I haven't noticed the damage ticking. Thanks for the reply though. It only seems to happen when I attempt it at 8 to 10m. When I'm right on them 5m or less it almost always works.