Which pc for swtor HELP!

Windova

Getting a new pc tomorrow hopefully then I can finally play my early access. Here is the two I'm looking at which one would you pick?

Price:$850

2500k I5 Quad core sandy bridge

MSI P67A-GD65 Motherboard

Gtx560ti Evga Video card

8 Gigs Patriot G series 1600mhz

24" Led 1080p Monitor

Logitech sound system, speakers and bass

Thermaltake Tr2 Rx 650w power supply

Cooler master dual fan cpu cooler (Works awesome)

Legit copy of Windows 7 home 64bit premium with box, disk and cd key

Antec case with speed control fans

500gig Harddrive

It has a Microsoft keyboard with Logitech mouse. They aren't anything too special.

Plantronics Gamecom headphones with mic

Computer 2

Price 1300.....+150 for monitor so $1450

CPU: Intel core I5 2500k @ 4.5GHZ - Can overclock to 4.8GHZ (perhaps 5.0, but haven't really tried beyond 4.8)

MOBO: ASRock Z68 Extreme3 gen3

CASE: Lian-li PC-K62 'Dragonlord'

POWER: Rosewill HIVE series 650W 80+bronze

RAM: 8GB G.skill Ripjaws-X 4X2GB 1600MHZ DDR3 8-8-8-24 @1.5V

GRAPHICS: Intel HD3000 + Geforce GTX 570 1280MB GDDR5 @ 850MHZ (Stock 738) - at this overclock. it is matching a GTX 580, and absolutely CRUSHING a HD 6970.

SSD: Crucial M4 Sata III 128gb.

HDD: None.

Heatsink: Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus

TIM: arctic cooling MX-4

edit:

Computer 3

Price $1100

Antec 900 Case

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129021

Antec True Blue 750w power supply With 4 year warranty

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371022

Sandy Bridge I5 2500k Processor With 3 year warranty

ASUS P8P67 Evo Motherboard With 3 year warranty

Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1600MHz Cas Latency 8 DDR3 Ram With lifetime warranty

2 Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200Rpm Drives linked with raid With 5 year warranty on one drive and a 4 year on the other

Sony Optiarc DVD/CD Lightscribe 24x Burnner

ATI Radeon HD 5770 Graphics Card With 1 year warranty

Asus PCI express wireless card

Windows 7 Professional

Edited by Windova

well the second one is better all round so i'd go with that one but i think it depends more on how much $$$ you're planning on dropping for this computer.

Yeah money isn't exactly the biggest factor (I'm not saying it's not) but I'm also looking for best all around deal for that price range.

Just grab the best components out of the 2 and build it yourself.

That said the 2nd has a better GFX card but thes size of the SSD will hamper you in the long run, unless you cannibalize your old PC, just remember it will be out of date by tomorrow.

Good luck with it, I'd say get a Raven 01 case they are awesome.

#2 for sure. You'll love the speed you get out of the SSD but you'll want to add a spinning drive for space at some point. 128gb goes fast. HDDs are overpriced now due to flooding in Thailand though.

Do you think number 2 would be worth the price over number one? Would be $600 extra. That's what I'm debating right now.

An i3 2100 proc will not bottleneck this game if you have a good video card. Get a Mb that you can upgrade to an i7 later along with a good video card and you should be good. I just built mine for this game with the intent of slowly upgrading in the future. So for me, the MB and video were the most important as i plan on them lasting a few years.

Do you think number 2 would be worth the price over number one? Would be $600 extra. That's what I'm debating right now.

Any of these will run the game just fine. If you can afford it, #2 is easily the best PC. If you're only going to play swtor and browse the web, get the cheapest one. If you want to be able to play other newer games that come out, get the best you can afford.

The second one has the better bits but you're gonna struggle without a HDD and only an SSD with 128gb. Windows alone takes up 20gb from memory. SWTOR is also around 21gb. Also the Lian-Li case is nice, but not necessary. Can get a lot cheaper cases that have the same quality.

You won't need the coolers if you're not overclocking and really there's no need to OC because it will run everything on the highest settings without.

I have the following and during the beta it ran everything on high at 111 FPS in low pop areas and 89 FPS in High pop areas:

Intel i5 2500k

Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3 mobo

Sapphire HD6950 2gb GPU

8gb Patriot Gamer 1333mhz RAM

1tb HDD

64 Bit Windows 7

Any of these will run the game just fine. If you can afford it, #2 is easily the best PC. If you're only going to play swtor and browse the web, get the cheapest one. If you want to be able to play other newer games that come out, get the best you can afford.

Good point think I might just break down and get first one, but the 2nd one just seems so much more intimating lol.

Yeah, case is one of the last important parts. I have a Rosewill with three fans and other accessories that i bought from newegg for $40 i think. great case. I could do without the blue fan though, lol.

i3 2120

8gb 1600 RAM

560ti OC

60GB patriot SSD

250 GB HD from another computer

DVD from another computer

AZROCK z98 pro3m ( i think)

thermaltake 500W PSP

No issues and i can easily upgrade to an i7 proc next year if i want.

Got it all for $650 with rebates and a lot of newegg deal searching!

Yeah, case is one of the last important parts. I have a Rosewill with three fans and other accessories that i bought from newegg for $40 i think. great case. I could do without the blue fan though, lol.

i3 2120

8gb 1600 RAM

560ti OC

60GB patriot SSD

250 GB HD from another computer

DVD from another computer

AZROCK z98 pro3m ( i think)

thermaltake 500W PSP

No issues and i can easily upgrade to an i7 proc next year if i want.

Got it all for $650 with rebates and a lot of newegg deal searching!

Damn that's pretty good deal. Yeah my deal searching time is wearing thin, as I have been able to be in early access since Tuesday but can't play the game. I really would like something by friday so I'm searching hard lol.

My current PC is 4 years old, so for the occation, I ordered a new one.

Here's my setup:

Motherboard: ASUS SABERTOOTH P67 B3 Revision

Power: Corsair Enthusiast Series Modular TX850M

RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 2 x 4 GB

HDD 1 (OS): Corsair Force Series GT 60 GB

HDD 2: WD Caviar Green WD20EARX 2 TB

Graphic card: Sapphire RADEON HD 6950 Dirt3 Edition (2 GB)

CPU: Core i7 I7-2700K 8 MB

... I don't know what's more exciting - a new PC or SWTOR launch... but I think SWTOR is going to take the prize :p

My current PC is 4 years old, so for the occation, I ordered a new one.

Here's my setup:

Motherboard: ASUS SABERTOOTH P67 B3 Revision

Power: Corsair Enthusiast Series Modular TX850M

RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 2 x 4 GB

HDD 1 (OS): Corsair Force Series GT 60 GB

HDD 2: WD Caviar Green WD20EARX 2 TB

Graphic card: Sapphire RADEON HD 6950 Dirt3 Edition (2 GB)

CPU: Core i7 I7-2700K 8 MB

... I don't know what's more exciting - a new PC or SWTOR launch... but I think SWTOR is going to take the prize :p

I think the new pc maybe more exciting then you can actually play SWTOR lol.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.