Interesting interview with Cory Butler on Space combat, UI changes, server balance!

AGSThomas

The interview says this:

Do you plan on this?

We are planing on this in the future which could mean tomorrow or 2-3 years from now

my money is on the latter.

Thats why the ball is in Bioware's court. Obviously given a decade and unlimited funds you can come up with just about anything. Delivering whats in demand when its in demand is the key to success in business. Right now SWTOR is in demand, we want to see features and new content. All they have to do is supply it in a reasonable amount of time.

And the class he is playing is:

G: Do you have some time to play the game yourself? If yes, what do you play, and what is your favorite activity?

C: I do make time to play the game myself. I obviously check it up on our development servers, to see what’s coming up the pipe and then i definitely spend some time on the live servers. I have a level 45 Sith Sorcrerer that I’m playing right now and I’m really enjoying it.

It is not even funny anymore. :)

I love how a combat log, which even hello kitty online has, will be a new feature to be released in the future in SWTOR.

It's good to know hello kitty online allows players to analyze combat data, but not star wars...no sir..thats a secondary concern.

More dialog heavy quests scenes that players eventually just space/space/space through because the plot on non main story quests is dull and boring.

I love how a combat log, which even hello kitty online has, will be a new feature to be released in the future in SWTOR.

It's good to know hello kitty online allows players to analyze combat data, but not star wars...no sir..thats a secondary concern.

More dialog heavy quests scenes that players eventually just space/space/space through because the plot on non main story quests is dull and boring.

Hello Kitty Online has had 7 years of development!! Or... is that another game? :)

IMHO - People need to relax about features. As long as the developers and designers see the problem there will be a solution. It sounds very fan boy of me to just say GO BIOWARE but I really want this game and this company to succeed.

Hello Kitty Online has had 7 years of development!! Or... is that another game? :)

IMHO - People need to relax about features. As long as the developers and designers see the problem there will be a solution. It sounds very fan boy of me to just say GO BIOWARE but I really want this game and this company to succeed.

If I remember correctly, they said that they are planning on adding a combat log, but only for yourself. I am a programmer, and if that's the case, I can write that combat logger in about 10 minutes (excluding testing) - even without seeing their current code (obviously certain things like variable names would be wrong, but only because I'm an outsider, while their developers would use the correct ones). It would be incredibly easy.

Now, if they are actually planning to expand it into full-combat logging (i.e. all group/raid members), that would take more work/time.

Don't get me wrong - I love this game and I'm having a blast, but I think as a programmer, one has a unique insight when software/games are missing small but useful/important features and options. Certain things have a tendency to cause a bit more frustration when they could be/have been fixed/implemented quite easily and quickly.

The problem is that you're going to lose a lot of subs from people who are waiting to see if this going to happen. People are not going to pay to wait when there is no incentive to do so. And the loss of that revenue could cripple the game.

Wanting something to succeed is fine. Doing so at the cost of denying the reality that most people want things now is not. People can scream about "entitlement generation" all they like, but successful businesses adapt to changing markets, not thumb their nose at trends.

If I remember correctly, they said that they are planning on adding a combat log, but only for yourself. I am a programmer, and if that's the case, I can write that combat logger in about 10 minutes (excluding testing) - even without seeing their current code (obviously certain things like variable names would be wrong, but only because I'm an outsider, while their developers would use the correct ones). It would be incredibly easy.

Now, if they are actually planning to expand it into full-combat logging (i.e. all group/raid members), that would take more work/time.

Don't get me wrong - I love this game and I'm having a blast, but I think as a programmer, one has a unique insight when software/games are missing small but useful/important features and options. Certain things have a tendency to cause a bit more frustration when they could be/have been fixed/implemented quite easily and quickly.

You're right, it should be pretty easy and I'm sure its already in the game and we can't see it. It seems like maybe they dont want to implement it because there will be endless crying from people who ignore things like stats and rotation priorites and then dont do top DPS, TPS, HPS and say their class sucks. Then of course you'll have all the other parrots int he game say the same thing.

Are the regular modes so difficult that you cant complete it without numbers?