Scorpion "Griefer I" (OP)erative PvP ViD

Cyberwillow

lol op thinks he is good when he plays the most OP faceroll class in game.

Anyone can win when you have stealth and 3 shot every class you come across.

Video is a showcase of what operatives are capable of vs other 50s, but their dmg is restricted to their stealth burst. Try finding an operative outside of stealth with his vanish on cool down, it's like catching them with their pants down... One of the easiest classes to kill if you have trinket up and purge his knockdown and if their opener doesnt crit they're screwed also.

Overall the problem with OPERATIVES is not the class but the buff stacking - adrenals, flasks, pots, warzone 15% expertise buff - I've seen jug.g.s hit 6-7k with their smash and they dont need to be in stealth to pull that off. Fact is most people playing this game are bad and can't utilize their abilities properly / or dont abuse pots.

You dont need to NERF operatives- NERF the ability to use POTIONS / ADRENALS in BGs - i know they prevented certain types from stacking but its still ridiculously OP.

Potion stacked Mercs hit for 4k with their tracer and 5-7k with their heatseeker, sorcs have insane sustained damage and jug.s. hit for almost 7k with smash with potion stacking... Its not the class, its the damn potions! Why the allow potions in pvp i'll never know - you'll never be able to balance damage as long as you can abuse pots.

Try letting an operative jump you without popping any potions - its l0l - and they don't have much in terms of utility. Bad class design is bad.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Video is a showcase of what operatives are capable of vs other 50s, but their dmg is restricted to their stealth burst. Try finding an operative outside of stealth with his vanish on cool down, it's like catching them with their pants down... One of the easiest classes to kill if you have trinket up and purge his knockdown and if their opener doesnt crit they're screwed also.

Overall the problem with OPERATIVES is not the class but the buff stacking - adrenals, flasks, pots, warzone 15% expertise buff - I've seen jug.g.s hit 6-7k with their smash and they dont need to be in stealth to pull that off. Fact is most people playing this game are bad and can't utilize their abilities properly / or dont abuse pots.

You dont need to NERF operatives- NERF the ability to use POTIONS / ADRENALS in BGs - i know they prevented certain types from stacking but its still ridiculously OP.

Potion stacked Mercs hit for 4k with their tracer and 5-7k with their heatseeker, sorcs have insane sustained damage and jug.s. hit for almost 7k with smash with potion stacking... Its not the class, its the damn potions! Why the allow potions in pvp i'll never know - you'll never be able to balance damage as long as you can abuse pots.

Try letting an operative jump you without popping any potions - its l0l - and they don't have much in terms of utility. Bad class design is bad.

Agreed remove potions from BGs and all the whining about operatives will disappear.

Also nerf their knockdown duration to 1.5 seconds, 3 seconds is toooo long.

Edited by Animall

I see NOTHING that says "Good Player" in a video like this.

I would have to agree, nothing at all impressive here. Just another noob facerolling to the max. There is no demonstration of skill at all here. I would have to say this would be the electronic equivelant of a baby seal clubbing video.

I would have to agree, nothing at all impressive here. Just another noob facerolling to the max. There is no demonstration of skill at all here. I would have to say this would be the electronic equivelant of a baby seal clubbing video.

How can you know if a person is skilled on a class when the class drops people so fast?

fact is there isnt much skilled REQUIRED to play this game. There is no competitive gameplay or class balance. Have you seen some of the other videos the OP has released in his channel? Actually a very skilled player, I watched his Hell Aion PvP video and its pretty good.

Problem is not with the player, but the game, poor class design.

gladiator video

thats his other vid, hes also an ex-daoc player which wins props from me :cool:

Edited by Animall

Thank for all the input and feedback guys, it is all very appreciated. I pushed this release out early with what little footage I had because I wanted to get pre-nerf video out before the patch which is in a few days.

To answer some questions:

I pop Trinket (Power/Surge) at the same time and it gives me a significant boost in my damage, with both trinkets up I can hit base for 2.5 - 3.5k and critical hit for 5-7k.

If they put a bigger cool down on hidden strike it would help mitigate some of the burst on the class. In the video you may notice I pop 2x HS almost always on my targets, and that is purely just to show you how strong it is to do that. Also if they removed potions from BGs, operative damage would be largely normalized.

I always strive to learn and be better myself, so as I push out more videos you will see a change up in the style of the videos because that is what you guys want.

There is always more I can learn about how the class works, I'm still very green on it, so any advice or tips are more than welcome. Cheers.

Will be interesting to see what happens after the patch!

Again thanks to everyone who provided positive & constructive feedback. :)

Edited by Cyberwillow

yet another troll -_-.

Great video, it's nice to see a non-clicker/keyboard turner post a nice pvp vid.

Love the 2v1 fights, it takes a lot of skill to go against the odds, esp when you're fighting the same class as yourself <loltrooper+scoundrel>.

Great video

take care you dont want to choke...

as for the vid...

its really easy to claim that people are equally geared when you dont even show HP totals on life bars which would make it much more believable. its just 1 little option that you need to click for further proof.

take care you dont want to choke...

as for the vid...

its really easy to claim that people are equally geared when you dont even show HP totals on life bars which would make it much more believable. its just 1 little option that you need to click for further proof.

you can tell what they are wearing just by lookin @ them... what color lightsaber they have or what gear they are wearing but idd needs the hp bars for next time

Edited by Reaperuae

Hey, at least I have 3 abilities lol! Sorcs / Mercs have 1! :D

looll! thats what i was gonna say going through the thread.

People just keep QQ because your class is stronger then their Inquisitor/Consular. At least you got more then sorc and merc in term of button to press ;)

great crit , great editing

People are just jealous of you, dont let their pathetic attempt to troll get to you, most of them are probably your victims or another Operative's victims :D

edit : dont try proving something to the trolls. On rift , i made a video , they were not pleased and said "oh but you did this and that". I made a second video without it and still they were "yeah but they were under level and such". I made a third video of my level without it again and they were still nitpicking. Even when the truth is in there faces, they still dont want to see and will find any arguments (even if that doesnt make sense) to make sure you are not right and that you are a total noob that need to l2p.

Edited by Wrathoran

looll! thats what i was gonna say going through the thread.

People just keep QQ because your class is stronger then their Inquisitor/Consular. At least you got more then sorc and merc in term of button to press ;)

great crit , great editing

People are just jealous of you, dont let their pathetic attempt to troll get to you, most of them are probably your victims or another Operative's victims :D

edit : dont try proving something to the trolls. On rift , i made a video , they were not pleased and said "oh but you did this and that". I made a second video without it and still they were "yeah but they were under level and such". I made a third video of my level without it again and they were still nitpicking. Even when the truth is in there faces, they still dont want to see and will find any arguments (even if that doesnt make sense) to make sure you are not right and that you are a total noob that need to l2p.

the truth is sad. but true.

Thank for all the input and feedback guys, it is all very appreciated. I pushed this release out early with what little footage I had because I wanted to get pre-nerf video out before the patch which is in a few days.

To answer some questions:

I pop Trinket (Power/Surge) at the same time and it gives me a significant boost in my damage, with both trinkets up I can hit base for 2.5 - 3.5k and critical hit for 5-7k.

If they put a bigger cool down on hidden strike it would help mitigate some of the burst on the class. In the video you may notice I pop 2x HS almost always on my targets, and that is purely just to show you how strong it is to do that. Also if they removed potions from BGs, operative damage would be largely normalized.

I always strive to learn and be better myself, so as I push out more videos you will see a change up in the style of the videos because that is what you guys want.

There is always more I can learn about how the class works, I'm still very green on it, so any advice or tips are more than welcome. Cheers.

Will be interesting to see what happens after the patch!

Again thanks to everyone who provided positive & constructive feedback. :)

One thing i noticed in your vids is that you have alotta buffs on those hits,not just from your buffs but other classes,what im trying to say that is not likely in a WZ enviroment,people are not buffing others as the WZ is in progress,it almost seems very selective in your vid,i hope you make people aware of that.

One thing i noticed in your vids is that you have alotta buffs on those hits,not just from your buffs but other classes,what im trying to say that is not likely in a WZ enviroment,people are not buffing others as the WZ is in progress,it almost seems very selective in your vid,i hope you make people aware of that.

Ah well I run with a premade and usually never die in BGs, got a merc / sorc / warr / and me.

Hope this answers your question.

*shrug* Clearly you went against less geared opponents with the numbers shown in that video. Even some of the shots that didn't show buff stacking you hit for 5-6k, which only happens when an Operative/Scoundrel is opening up on someone with no expertise and armor. That's basically impossible to do on any well geared tank.

Next time, show how much health your opponents actually have. If they have less than 1400 max, then clearly you're going to own them. Any well geared class will.

*shrug* Clearly you went against less geared opponents with the numbers shown in that video. Even some of the shots that didn't show buff stacking you hit for 5-6k, which only happens when an Operative/Scoundrel is opening up on someone with no expertise and armor. That's basically impossible to do on any well geared tank.

Next time, show how much health your opponents actually have. If they have less than 1400 max, then clearly you're going to own them. Any well geared class will.

you can see their health from the nameplates, open your eyes and watch the video again... and no its not that hard for operatives to hit that hard if played properly.

Edited by Goldskye

what class actually takes skill to play in this game?

Lol this. Everyone thinks the class they play requires so much skill, but every other class is easy mode. Newsflash, all the classes in this game are relatively easy.

Edited by Dovahbrah

well the real question is ------------- what class actually takes skill to play in this game?

Popular consensus is Marauder/Sentinel if you go by that topic that was posted a few days ago. I'd have to agree, though I may be biased as a Marauder player.

Popular consensus is Marauder/Sentinel if you go by that topic that was posted a few days ago. I'd have to agree, though I may be biased as a Marauder player.

Certain Marauder tree's are too convoluted, way too many unnecessary abilities that could be merged together. It's not exactly complex to play but a bit messy or "unfinished" as a class.

Also there is no real incentive to play a "pure" dps class (sniper/marauder) as hybrids can do equivalent, if not higher, damage and also have the bonus utility of healing or guarding.

Edited by Cyberwillow