Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Operatives Nerfed. Sorcerers and Mercs win again.

DarkfallDC

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Edited out snarkyness

LoS works wonders. Have a nice day.

Ah ok, let me fix this then.

Force Lightning Force Lightning Force Lightning Force Lightning Force Lig - LOS! - Force Lightning Force Lightning Force Light - LOS! - Force Lightning Force Lightning Force Lightning Force Lightning - LOS! - Force Lightning Force Lightning Force Lightning Force Lightning Force Lightning Force Lightning Force Lightning - LOS! - Force Lightning Force Lightning Force Lightning Force Lightning Force Lightning

Only bad players that cant play thear class get 5 shoted by an op as sorc use shield and you are good to go stun dot take range cast slow force lightning dead op

And the bs about getting hit 4 over 6-7 k a hit it is old news pre nerf biocem and i love players qq about the 10 k hit from an op look look look they do 10 k a hit nerf nerf nerf yes he did butt it was with 2 pvp buffs trink and stims aginst a lvl 26

Pleas learn to play your class sorcs have it all only other sorcs are hard to kill

I do easy 300 k damage and over a 100 k healing a wz

Read this this is the best thred http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=135140

I love nr 26

26) When an Operative pops out of stealth and Hidden Strike crits me for 30k damage, my computer automatically alt tabs to the forums and starts a "NERF OPERATIVES" thread on its own... :p

Remove the root effect (Im sure its root isnt it) from Force Lightning and give Tracer Missile an actual cooldown (1.5 seconds for a skill that can 4k crit is more than slightly retarded).

If BW took those steps, 90% of the people complaining would be pretty happy.

Doubtful. Not that I think BW shouldn't continue to focus on balance (yes I'd love for our gear to benefit something besides Grav round for instance) but people will always complain in PvP. Look at the forums of any PvP game, regardless of how long its been out, it will look just as bad as they do here. People wailing about one or two "broken" classes while urging for buffs to their own, unfortunately SOP.

I play <insert OP profession here>, if you get killed by us you are <insert random quote about you being bad here>. The <insert random OP skill> does not do so much <buffs / damage / effects> at all. I think we are fine because <random quote trying to hide that he is bad and wants to stay easymode>.

Sincerly yours, <guy that is overwhelmed buy pushing more than 4 buttons>.

Balanced not even close the op mercs and snipers are all ridiculous on the amount of damage that they can put out. I play a 44 level marauder and was killed in two shots by an 11 level op. Before any one says anything yes I have a great pvp rotation and yes I am wearing all the correct gear. The Sith and Jedi warrior class are just soft and easy to kill they have no recourse for ranged attacks and no way to stop cc after the second one. I love this game but the pvp leaves a bad taste and I really have to wonder if they are ever going to get the game to a more level playing field. NOT IMPRESSED WITH WAR-ZONES AT ALL.:mad::mad::mad::mad::confused::confused:

bs sith and jedi are monsters idk how you got 1 shotted by a lvl 11 but every time i died to a op it was by my own mistakes. and because i was not in a group.

again why do people fight them alone?

why arent you with someone that can stop them from running the train on you.

people complain all the time about someone killing them but this is not 1v1 where was your friend who knocked him away and helped you escape?

So a 20% damage decrease on Hidden Strike and a nerf on the knockdown to 1.5 seconds.

The masses got what they wanted. Operatives are rendered harmless.

Predictions for the day after the patch?

Huttball - 4-5 sorcs, 3-4 Mercs vs the same.

No reason not to stack Sorcs. Most versatile and broken class in the game. Don't forget the sleeper broken, the Powertech either. A grapple, a leap, and the least mitigation-reliant tank in the game (meaning they are the best in PVP. Mitigation is broken).

Incoming Burial of PVP. (It already died.)

LOL @ Huttball = PvP

Nobody really did this. The game's been out for a month. Almost nobody playing an Op right now did so because it was the "flavor of the month".

Oh please. It takes about 30 hrs /played to get to 36 and get Hidden/Jarring Strike. As soon as people spent a little time getting hit by it, a ton rerolled. It was totally a FOTM thing. My server went from Operatives being as rare as Snipers to almost a third of players in low level zones being Operatives.

And guess what? After nerf was announced on PTR, that immediately dropped off and now we have a ton of Mercs instead.

Not FOTM my big behind... :rolleyes:

Sorry, Now you'll need to actually work to get kills... No more 8.5k Crit then 4k and 4k befor I stand up...

I don't feel bad for you... Some skill will now be required.

Most Operatives get people under 3k health befor the stand up.. Why would this NOT be broken?

I can kill Sorc's... Not a big issue.

Powertech's are annoying, thats about it...

Operatives are just stupid with their openers..

You picked Operative after you realized it was OP... why would anyone feel bad for these people...

This post proves the amount of misinformation and lies that are taken for facts on these forums.

*shakes head*

people complain all the time about someone killing them but this is not 1v1 where was your friend who knocked him away and helped you escape?

See, my complaints about the situation wasn't so much getting killed 1v1, it was how fast the kill was. Honestly, maybe with these nerfs they'll have to use some of those abilities most of them ignore if they want the full effect of the class. But yeah, the guy you quoted was being silly.

hutt ball is at least something new. not old killing games

That is not what I'm speaking of. Huttball is a glorified Capture The Flag game...that's not exactly "new" either. People treat Huttball like it is just a "Go slaughter everyone and don't focus on teamwork and objectives." Thus the reason for my posting.

I was in a warzone yesterday going against 9 sith sorc, and you think just because the op is about to get nerfed a little people are going to START playing them.

I just wish they'd fix the extra people sneaking into warzones.. bad enough we have to deal with their broken classes let alone letting more than us into the zone.

I was in a warzone yesterday going against 9 sith sorc, and you think just because the op is about to get nerfed a little people are going to START playing them.

I just wish they'd fix the extra people sneaking into warzones.. bad enough we have to deal with their broken classes let alone letting more than us into the zone.

And I've been in a warzone with all marauders and juggarnauts. Are they OP?

Also were all 9 of those really sorcs or are you just assuming from the icon?

This game is so close to being balanced it's crazy, just you guys die by a few BM's and whine. Not saying you're whining but if everyone shut up, you would get tot he point of what I'm talking about and see for yourself.

this

the game is actually crazy good. Apart from the technical issues right now which are over the top, this is perhaps the best mmorpg I have played by FAR, and in my opinion the best mmorpg out there for a sane, intelligent person to play (I am talking about people who enjoy a 200 level grindfest, PK systems, and such). It needs time to come to terms with some things like full pvp balance, endgame content, world bosses (they kind of suck right now.), server balance and such, but the game is crazy good if you would sit back and let it be what it is - not try to get your WoW-fix that WoW is no longer giving you because it well past it's product life cycle and you can only play a game for so long before it gets boring.

Grouping is immensely fun in this game - without a LFD tool actual interaction and meeting people is actually present - not just friends/guildmates playing an online game together (play an online rpg then? or an fps? Why an mmorpg if you are going to exclude the rest of the playerbase and sit in your shell?), the voice acting and graphical design/physics are absolutely amazing (I feel some of the voice actors are oscar worthy - no joke). The graphics are amazing in that they are perfect for me - not low end, nor overly realistic/eye candy graphics which don't feel like you are playing a game any more and just get creepy like the latest Halos and Crysis and what have you)- not too cartoony nor too adultish, and easy on the eyes yet very immersive and worth just looking at once in awhile (look off into the city from cosrucant).

The leveling rate/ratio of mob kill to quest xp is just right, mounts are cool, smooth, and fun to ride as opposed to horses all the damned time- the ame sounds and physics are great (hang around in the water in the fleet ship for a taste of this.). A decent economy for a new game and a decent loot and gearing system. Good and engaging pvp - except for the lag and ability delays and such.

An excellent game, IMO, that deserves a little heat for the tech issues its facing, but nothing more and most certainly deserves more time to get things together before people call it 'dead' and 'no endgame' and such. Go back to WoW if you don't like it and leave it to people who recognize an EXCELLENT mmorpg in the making and are ok with giving constructive feedback and just sitting back and watching Bioware keep working on and improving this game.

Not to mention an EXCELLENT developer who is a real breath of fresh air after the money grubbing morons aka Blizzard. You guys don't recognize what a gem of a publisher/developer you guys have here working hard on the game (before while creating it) and now while supporting it, and really don't deserve them if you want to just port WoW into this game or demand complete endgame content and no issues in the game at all just month after its release.

Seriously.

Edited by nitaant

this

the game is actually crazy good. Apart from the technical issues right now which are over the top, this is perhaps the best mmorpg I have played by FAR, and in my opinion the best mmorpg out there for a sane, intelligent person to play (I am talking about people who enjoy a 200 level grindfest, PK systems, and such). It needs time to come to terms with some things like full pvp balance, endgame content, world bosses (they kind of suck right now.), server balance and such, but the game is crazy good if you would sit back and let it be what it is - not try to get your WoW-fix that WoW is no longer giving you because it well past it's product life cycle and you can only play a game for so long before it gets boring.

Grouping is immensely fun in this game - without a LFD tool actual interaction and meeting people is actually present - not just friends/guildmates playing an online game together (play an online rpg then? or an fps? Why an mmorpg if you are going to exclude the rest of the playerbase and sit in your shell?), the voice acting and graphical design/physics are absolutely amazing (I feel some of the voice actors are oscar worthy - no joke). The graphics are amazing in that they are perfect for me - not low end, nor overly realistic/eye candy graphics which don't feel like you are playing a game any more and just get creepy like the latest Halos and Crysis and what have you)- not too cartoony nor too adultish, and easy on the eyes yet very immersive and worth just looking at once in awhile (look off into the city from cosrucant).

The leveling rate/ratio of mob kill to quest xp is just right, mounts are cool, smooth, and fun to ride as opposed to horses all the damned time- the ame sounds and physics are great (hang around in the water in the fleet ship for a taste of this.). A decent economy for a new game and a decent loot and gearing system. Good and engaging pvp - except for the lag and ability delays and such.

An excellent game, IMO, that deserves a little heat for the tech issues its facing, but nothing more and most certainly deserves more time to get things together before people call it 'dead' and 'no endgame' and such. Go back to WoW if you don't like it and leave it to people who recognize an EXCELLENT mmorpg in the making and are ok with giving constructive feedback and just sitting back and watching Bioware keep working on and improving this game.

Not to mention an EXCELLENT developer who is a real breath of fresh air after the money grubbing morons aka Blizzard. You guys don't recognize what a gem of a publisher/developer you guys have here working hard on the game (before while creating it) and now while supporting it, and really don't deserve them if you want to just port WoW into this game or demand complete endgame content and no issues in the game at all just month after its release.

Seriously.

totally agree

wow had its problems in the begining but it ended up being the most popular mmo out there.

coming from someone who raided as a paladin in vanilla this game is not broken at all.

that class literally could not tank(had no taunt or anything)

and only had to go half way into the healing tree and could literally forget all the other points and heal the same

they were broken.

and they didnt fix them till the next expansion pack. which wasnt for 2 years.

it doesnt mean they werent fun to play they just had issues with what they were supposed to be.

and people still played.

so why a month after the game has come out do we expect people to fix every little thing that is wrong with the game.

they are people who are doing a job to make this game good but it takes time. They cant just fix everything imediatly

also the reason wow sucks now is because they listen to the whinny player base. After going to blizz con i dont want the company to listen to the players. We arent game developers we dont know what makes a game good leave it to the proffessionals

See, my complaints about the situation wasn't so much getting killed 1v1, it was how fast the kill was. Honestly, maybe with these nerfs they'll have to use some of those abilities most of them ignore if they want the full effect of the class. But yeah, the guy you quoted was being silly.

regardless had there been a healer or a melee then the situation would have been different. and had you not just stood there he would have not four shotted you

if someone stood their i could kill them really fast.

So a 20% damage decrease on Hidden Strike and a nerf on the knockdown to 1.5 seconds.

The masses got what they wanted. Operatives are rendered harmless.

Predictions for the day after the patch?

Huttball - 4-5 sorcs, 3-4 Mercs vs the same.

No reason not to stack Sorcs. Most versatile and broken class in the game. Don't forget the sleeper broken, the Powertech either. A grapple, a leap, and the least mitigation-reliant tank in the game (meaning they are the best in PVP. Mitigation is broken).

Incoming Burial of PVP. (It already died.)

You know, I played WoW and I hate the concept of a stealth class. Their entire purpose is to completely render the opposing player's character unable to act so they can get an easy win.

It's a class that attracts kids because they lack the motor skills required to push more than 3 buttons in an efficient manner.

You can't see them until it's already too late.

There are so many reasons to hate stealther classes, and their stupidly high damage on top of control and stealth was just icing on top of icing cake icing.

Huttball is a glorified way to get wins if you simply stack the team with the right classes. I would argue sorcs themselves aren't necessarily 1v1 over powered. With the exception of the shield/sprint for ball running in huttball specifically. That being said its hard to think something wont be done about teams that have multiple sorcs who just have one grab the ball sprint/shield then you see them get chained pulled over the line.

For operatives: nerf isn't the end of the world. Yes there are some cc issues for the class, but you can't ignore the fact that right now you can't really apply any cc cause hidden strike fills up the resolve bar. that doesn't mean there might still be issues with ranged post patch, it just means you might want to wait to judge the situation before going all doom and gloom.

regardless had there been a healer or a melee then the situation would have been different. and had you not just stood there he would have not four shotted you

if someone stood their i could kill them really fast.

I'd like to see you move while CCed with your cooldown already having been used, not to mention not many healers are going to react in time and a melee coming in spares about 20% of my HP... AKA if someone else notices before a healer does, death.

Sorry, Now you'll need to actually work to get kills... No more 8.5k Crit then 4k and 4k befor I stand up...

I don't feel bad for you... Some skill will now be required.

Most Operatives get people under 3k health befor the stand up.. Why would this NOT be broken?

I can kill Sorc's... Not a big issue.

Powertech's are annoying, thats about it...

Operatives are just stupid with their openers..

You picked Operative after you realized it was OP... why would anyone feel bad for these people...

People just pull out random number they saw before they nerfed the stacking of adrenals. heh

i run 21k+ hp self buffed as a tank

and when i lose half my hp in 3-4 hits before i can even react after a stun, then a class seriously needs a nerf.

If i wanted to play 1 shot pvp, i'd go back to WoW

Thats more like 6-8 shot pvp there chief, or roughly 2.5-3.5 K a hit, and even at that it was probably a stimm'd up geard out op.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.