Operatives Nerfed. Sorcerers and Mercs win again.

DarkfallDC

So a 20% damage decrease on Hidden Strike and a nerf on the knockdown to 1.5 seconds.

The masses got what they wanted. Operatives are rendered harmless.

Predictions for the day after the patch?

Huttball - 4-5 sorcs, 3-4 Mercs vs the same.

No reason not to stack Sorcs. Most versatile and broken class in the game. Don't forget the sleeper broken, the Powertech either. A grapple, a leap, and the least mitigation-reliant tank in the game (meaning they are the best in PVP. Mitigation is broken).

Incoming Burial of PVP. (It already died.)

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, Now you'll need to actually work to get kills... No more 8.5k Crit then 4k and 4k befor I stand up...

I don't feel bad for you... Some skill will now be required.

Most Operatives get people under 3k health befor the stand up.. Why would this NOT be broken?

I can kill Sorc's... Not a big issue.

Powertech's are annoying, thats about it...

Operatives are just stupid with their openers..

You picked Operative after you realized it was OP... why would anyone feel bad for these people...

Edited by DropDeadFred

I have a 50 Op with 650 expertise that's grounded for now. I have a 50 sorc that's in a few purples that gets 3 shot with 150 expertise.

Sorcerer's with the expertise of my Op are very good but far from OP. In fact nothing is at that level of gear.

Marauders destroy Sorc's.

This game is so close to being balanced it's crazy, just you guys die by a few BM's and whine. Not saying you're whining but if everyone shut up, you would get tot he point of what I'm talking about and see for yourself.

Remember, Bioware doesn't listen to the forums, only their magical numbers collected without a combat log.

Just because players don't see a combat long doesn't mean their metrics gathering doesn't have one. Pretty sure it does.

You picked Operative after you realized it was OP... why would anyone feel bad for these people...

Nobody really did this. The game's been out for a month. Almost nobody playing an Op right now did so because it was the "flavor of the month".

Nobody really did this. The game's been out for a month. Almost nobody playing an Op right now did so because it was the "flavor of the month".

So we shouldn't include the 2 years of beta testing in which Operative was pretty much Overpowered?

Or the 4 months of Open beta testing when everyone realised that the Operative was overpowered?

We will pretend that guild forums were not alight with the information that Operatives could kill people before they could stand up?

Yeah we just ignore all that.

What Operative nerf?

ever since this so called nerf, Ops have been doing MORE damage in WZs. Nerf might have effected their ability in mass fights like Il but sure as hell not in WZs

It's not live yet. 1.1.1 will be the op nerf unless they tweak it more.

What Operative nerf?

ever since this so called nerf, Ops have been doing MORE damage in WZs. Nerf might have effected their ability in mass fights like Il but sure as hell not in WZs

What are you talking about? They got an across the board ~15% damage nerf.

So we shouldn't include the 2 years of beta testing in which Operative was pretty much Overpowered?

Or the 4 months of Open beta testing when everyone realised that the Operative was overpowered?

We will pretend that guild forums were not alight with the information that Operatives could kill people before they could stand up?

Yeah we just ignore all that.

YES!!!

Didn't we all rolle Operatives because they were Over Powered as crap? Take that away and I'm left with what? A very typical dmg out put with stealth, and great escape ability? PFFTTT *** Do we look like? We're ELITE!! WE PWN!!

Just because players don't see a combat long doesn't mean their metrics gathering doesn't have one. Pretty sure it does.

Just because you believe Bioware's PvP devs are competent and can properly form logical conclusions from any collected data doesn't mean they do.

Edited by EternalFinality

No they didn't... They've gotten NO NERF AT ALL... its an UPCOMING Nerf, and its not 15% across the board...

Go read about it before you comment something thats totally wrong.

Uh, yes, 15% we did get. That was in beta. This next one will be 20%. So 35% total in a few months.

ya sorry no sympathy from me,i hated them being cloaked,stab me in the back going tru my force armor,then having to scramble onto my feet and either run down 9k or get some hots on him then ****.or just die...

i guess it could be fun sneaking around doing one move the whole time...i duno it wouldnt be for myself.

this game is/was about killing people slowly.there wasnt supposto be a 3 hits and your dead game mechanic.

what to gimp next:? force lightning!hate it 2.

I love fighting operatives as it is. This nerf is going to make it a joke to fight against.

All they did was rely on their opener to try to burst someone down... if you stop that then all they do is s-key like a moron because they don't know how to play their class.

Hence why the forum is full of QQ that they're being nerf'd

This nerf is going to be hilarious to be honest :D

Edited by Areoss

Balanced not even close the op mercs and snipers are all ridiculous on the amount of damage that they can put out. I play a 44 level marauder and was killed in two shots by an 11 level op. Before any one says anything yes I have a great pvp rotation and yes I am wearing all the correct gear. The Sith and Jedi warrior class are just soft and easy to kill they have no recourse for ranged attacks and no way to stop cc after the second one. I love this game but the pvp leaves a bad taste and I really have to wonder if they are ever going to get the game to a more level playing field. NOT IMPRESSED WITH WAR-ZONES AT ALL.:mad::mad::mad::mad::confused::confused:

Just because you believe Bioware's PvP devs are competent and can properly form logical conclusions from any collected data doesn't mean they do.

And just because you believe they don't doesn't make that the case either. The fact is though they gather the data.

If you don't like the fact they don't knee jerk and instantly nerf Mercs and Sorcs into the ground and instead test internally for long periods, that's your issue.

If you don't like the fact they nerf something because they don't want a single person to be able to kill anyone solo in 6-8 seconds, that's your issue.

I play a 44 level marauder and was killed in two shots by an 11 level op.

OK, I'm sorry, but while op are a bit OP, an 11 op isn't two shotting anyone, period. This shouldn't even be something I need to say.

Edited by Kuari

Balanced not even close the op mercs and snipers are all ridiculous on the amount of damage that they can put out. I play a 44 level marauder and was killed in two shots by an 11 level op. Before any one says anything yes I have a great pvp rotation and yes I am wearing all the correct gear. The Sith and Jedi warrior class are just soft and easy to kill they have no recourse for ranged attacks and no way to stop cc after the second one. I love this game but the pvp leaves a bad taste and I really have to wonder if they are ever going to get the game to a more level playing field. NOT IMPRESSED WITH WAR-ZONES AT ALL.:mad::mad::mad::mad::confused::confused:

Post of the week.

Befor the braket, Under level Classes weren't a threat, unless it was an operative... they could still kill a 49 trooper before they hit 20 while the stun was still on..

OK, I'm sorry, but while op are a bit OP, an 11 op isn't two shotting anyone, period. This shouldn't even be something I need to say.

Yeah, have to agree there. Even my lvl 12 sniper dies only after 3-5 hits, depending on crit chance/surge. Lvl 49 OP took my lowbie down with 4 hits, while same lvl ended up landing 5 hits.