should i roll powertech or merc as a BH

Mstapain

Im not sure as too which i want, does any1 kno if the ranged dps for mercs is better then the melee type power tech tank.. just curious which is the best dmg as of nw

If you spec as a tank, you will do less damage than a DPS Merc spec. If you spec for DPS as a Powertech, then you will be competitive. They both play quite a bit differently, and really it comes down to if you want the option to heal or to tank, and if you prefer more ranged or melee range play. The Powertech is much more up-close, while Merc is very ranged.

I love my Powertech. Never for a second have I regretted picking it over Merc.

I picked PT because I wanted to tank. I've DPS'd as Powertech as well (Pyrotech spec). Powertech DPS is just as competitive as anything else, believe me. I pull threat a lot and I know it's not because my tank is bad. My DPS gear isn't even that amazing either.

Powertech is a mainly melee Tank/DPS option, so you will be getting up close to your targets, and depending on your Skill tree spec you have a choice of either a good tank with survivability and ok dps, or pretty good DPS and ok survivability.

Merc is a ranged DPS/Healer option, so you can either do very good DPS and ok heals or good DPS and good heals.

Of the two, the Merc has the outright better DPS spec if you go that route, and it is a bit easier to play because your range management is so much easier. I have one of each, and both are fun, but Powertech (imo) takes a little more work to do it well, but finds it easier to pick up groups for the harder content.

Powertech is a mainly melee Tank/DPS option, so you will be getting up close to your targets, and depending on your Skill tree spec you have a choice of either a good tank with survivability and ok dps, or pretty good DPS and ok survivability.

Merc is a ranged DPS/Healer option, so you can either do very good DPS and ok heals or good DPS and good heals.

Of the two, the Merc has the outright better DPS spec if you go that route, and it is a bit easier to play because your range management is so much easier. I have one of each, and both are fun, but Powertech (imo) takes a little more work to do it well, but finds it easier to pick up groups for the harder content.

That simply isn't true.

A Powertech and Merc with equivalent gear will both do roughly equal DPS as Pyrotech and the other PT DPS tree isn't very far behind Pyro, either.

What was your play stlyle with your other mmo gaming experience?

If you can't control yourself from coming up close and personal, then power tech is the way to give a go.

But if you like to be stationary with sweetness of damage, then mercenary.

And if you make the wrong choice, reroll once you feel it isn't your style.

I found out that power tech was for me solidly after lvl 35.

Yeah a bit late, but that's when I found out to control myself in warzones.

Then it hit me.