Exar Kun vs Darth Bane

BrandonSM

Pfft Bane would just trick Kun into going into some cave and getting 'sploded or something. Bane's strengths were his patience, intelligence and devotion to freedom through power.

Bane was also never really tested beyond his own apprentice, if you follow that rule of two thing to it's conclusion, Bane should of been much much more powerful when there was only he and his apprentice compared to kun and his hordes (he had hordes right?).

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pfft Bane would just trick Kun into going into some cave and getting 'sploded or something. Bane's strengths were his patience, intelligence and devotion to freedom through power.

Bane was also never really tested beyond his own apprentice, if you follow that rule of two thing to it's conclusion, Bane should of been much much more powerful when there was only he and his apprentice compared to kun and his hordes (he had hordes right?).

Thats correct and then its not. The Dark Side being more powerful when its concentrated into less numbers really only matters if your doing a RoT member vs a Light Sider.

Thats correct and then its not. The Dark Side being more powerful when its concentrated into less numbers really only matters if your doing a RoT member vs a Light Sider.

But you agree about the lead into a cave and 'splode part right?

But you agree about the lead into a cave and 'splode part right?

No... Kun was a whole smarter than most. And a little explosion wouldn't kill him.

I was saying your correct about the RoT being more powerful than regular Sith. But then I said it was only more powerful against Light Siders.

No... Kun was a whole smarter than most. And a little explosion wouldn't kill him.

I was saying your correct about the RoT being more powerful than regular Sith. But then I said it was only more powerful against Light Siders.

How come?

RoT doesn't make the user more powerful it makes the Dark Side more powerful.

So it's quite hard to say in a way. It depends more on the structure of the hypothetical than the actual characters. for example, If you take Darth Bane and put him in Kun's time, Bane will be weaker for not having the Ro2 on his side but kun will stay strong. On the other hand if we place Kun in Bane's time, Kun will become stronger and bane will become a touch weaker. But but if we take them at there theoretical maximum power in their own stories and have them fight Bane will be relatively strong compared to Kun as Kun has a nonRo2 story and Bane has a Ro2 story.

Bane also has living armor which makes him immune to light-saber attacks for quite a bit of his story.

hmm.

Edited by areto

So it's quite hard to say in a way. It depends more on the structure of the hypothetical than the actual characters. for example, If you take Darth Bane and put him in Kun's time, Bane will be weaker for not having the Ro2 on his side but kun will stay strong. On the other hand if we place Kun in Bane's time, Kun will become stronger and bane will become a touch weaker. But but if we take them at there theoretical maximum power in their own stories and have them fight Bane will be relatively strong compared to Kun as Kun has a nonRo2 story and Bane has a Ro2 story.

Bane also has living armor which makes him immune to light-saber attacks for quite a bit of his story.

hmm.

Actually no, Exar Kun at his prime is magnitudes more powerful than Darth Bane in his prime, Exar Kun as a spirit put Grand Master Skywalker into a coma, was mind controlling the students and the beasts around the NJO's academy and was disintegrating students at whim, all the while rebuilding his body which would've made him even more powerful.

Actually no, Exar Kun at his prime is magnitudes more powerful than Darth Bane in his prime, Exar Kun as a spirit put Grand Master Skywalker into a coma, was mind controlling the students and the beasts around the NJO's academy and was disintegrating students at whim, all the while rebuilding his body which would've made him even more powerful.

(Is there a novel on Kun in TOR Era? Or just comic books?)

Exar Kun is a bad*** but lets be more accurate here, Luke wasn't even close to his prime when this happened. I doubt Exar Kun could pull that same move on Luke now.

Exar Kun is a bad*** but lets be more accurate here, Luke wasn't even close to his prime when this happened. I doubt Exar Kun could pull that same move on Luke now.

Luke still had defeated Reborn Palpatine in a lightsaber duel at that point, only one other person in the EU managed that and we all know how powerful he was.

Ok i saw your list but i disagree it's

1. Lord Vitiate

2. Darth Sidious

3. Exar Kun

4. Darth Revan

5. Darth Nihilus

Why did you even put Caedus anywhere NEAR your list!!!!???

Why is Vitiate or Revan anywhere near YOUR list? lol.

Especially placing ANY Sith above Darth Sidious, rofl.

Also, if you knew proper canon, Jacen Solo/Darth Caedus was a prodigy of his era, seriously you need to read up on him.

Why is Vitiate or Revan anywhere near YOUR list? lol.

Especially placing ANY Sith above Darth Sidious, rofl.

Also, if you knew proper canon, Jacen Solo/Darth Caedus was a prodigy of his era, seriously you need to read up on him.

Vitate is still powerful, just that allot people overrate him. Even though he was an abomination to the Sith and that it took allot for him to do his feats. He still did those feats.

My List:

1. Sidious

2. Caedus

3. Kun

4. Nihilus

5. Vader

6. Bane or Zannah

7. Vitate

8. Revan

9. Tyrannus

I made this list at the top of my head, meaning from memory. There are probably Sith I'm forgetting though.

Edited by BrandonSM

Vitate is still powerful, just that allot people overrate him. Even though he was an abomination to the Sith and that it took allot for him to do his feats. He still did those feats.

My List:

1. Sidious

2. Caedus

3. Kun

4. Nihilus

5. Vader

6. Bane or Zannah

7. Vitate

8. Revan

9. Tyrannus

I made this list at the top of my head, meaning from memory. There are probably Sith I'm forgetting though.

Agreed, but he was no combatant, If he barely defeated Revan and was nearly killed by Surik, that doesn't bode well against the Creme De'le creme of Sith Lords.

My top 10 would probably go like this:

1.Darth Sidious.

2.Darth Caedus.

3.Darth Nihilus.

4.Exar Kun.

5.Marka Ragnos.

6.Tulak Hord.

7.Darth Zannah.

8.Darth Vader.

9.Darth Bane.

10.Ludo Kressh.

Luke still had defeated Reborn Palpatine in a lightsaber duel at that point, only one other person in the EU managed that and we all know how powerful he was.

In a lightsaber duel, not a battle of the force. Luke wasn't the one to finish off the Emperor anyways. Exar Kun used the force against Luke and isn't Yavin 4 a strong darkside place too?

Either way, Luke still had a long way to go before being the current Luke he is today. He wasn't even Grandmaster at that point yet. Luke has evolved and become much, much stronger since the Exar Kun attack. Now Luke is fighting Aboleth, who would crush Exar Kun.

Agreed, but he was no combatant, If he barely defeated Revan and was nearly killed by Surik, that doesn't bode well against the Creme De'le creme of Sith Lords.

My top 10 would probably go like this:

1.Darth Sidious.

2.Darth Caedus.

3.Darth Nihilus.

4.Exar Kun.

5.Marka Ragnos.

6.Tulak Hord.

7.Darth Zannah.

8.Darth Vader.

9.Darth Bane.

10.Ludo Kressh.

Its funny you put tulak horde and marka ragnos in the list when we have seen them do almost absolutely nothing with a lightsaber or the force.