Post Foundry Depression Syndrome

fbBaron

I want to begin this thread with some background and a very humble request: 1. I only have one toon going and he's a 37 sorc. 2. Recently completed the Foundry Flashpoint. 3. (Request) If there are higher level (or Republic) flashpoints, plot points, etc. that will make me sit down and shut up after what I have to say, please just say that it is so, without elaborating. Because while I really don't want spoilers, but I have to talk about PFDS, and here's the only place I can do it.

So without further ado:

I feel empty inside. Revan was and still is one of my all time favorite characters of any medium. His story I rank as an epic worthy of a full fledged movie, worthy of being in a George R.R. Martin tale, whatever you want to call it, on my scale of sheer literary excellence, Revan is in the conversation for best ever for me.

And then I find that... I take him down with myself and 3 other 36 level peeps? Really? I mean... Revan's made out to be the Vader of his era. And he goes down like that? To say NOTHING that his ending line, while poetic and great writing, made me feel even sadder. Don't get me wrong the fact that Bioware was able to instill that kind of emotional feeling in me is a testament to their skill. I just wish that Revan had been like an end game world boss. Or... I don't know. Maybe there was NO way for Revan to be a plot point in an MMO and be satisfactory to me. That's possible. But yea... basically what I'm looking for here is whether or not there is later on content (a yes-no answer) that will remove this PFDS or not, or whether anyone else felt the same. (inb4 it's just a game. Screw that.)

You don't actually know that he died. He just disappeared in a flash of light. For all we know he could appear later down the line, perhaps in an expansion pack.

And I hope they give him a better voice actor when and if he does return *cough*.

Edited by Lydeck

Oh no Revan was killed in combat fighting four of the Empire's greatest heroes simultaneously! Who cares if the levels are just gaming mechanics not meant to represent any real measure of power, Revan was taken out by the best the Empire had to throw at him!

And people wonder why I deride them as Revan fanboys....:rolleyes:

I want to begin this thread with some background and a very humble request: 1. I only have one toon going and he's a 37 sorc. 2. Recently completed the Foundry Flashpoint. 3. (Request) If there are higher level (or Republic) flashpoints, plot points, etc. that will make me sit down and shut up after what I have to say, please just say that it is so, without elaborating. Because while I really don't want spoilers, but I have to talk about PFDS, and here's the only place I can do it.

So without further ado:

I feel empty inside. Revan was and still is one of my all time favorite characters of any medium. His story I rank as an epic worthy of a full fledged movie, worthy of being in a George R.R. Martin tale, whatever you want to call it, on my scale of sheer literary excellence, Revan is in the conversation for best ever for me.

And then I find that... I take him down with myself and 3 other 36 level peeps? Really? I mean... Revan's made out to be the Vader of his era. And he goes down like that? To say NOTHING that his ending line, while poetic and great writing, made me feel even sadder. Don't get me wrong the fact that Bioware was able to instill that kind of emotional feeling in me is a testament to their skill. I just wish that Revan had been like an end game world boss. Or... I don't know. Maybe there was NO way for Revan to be a plot point in an MMO and be satisfactory to me. That's possible. But yea... basically what I'm looking for here is whether or not there is later on content (a yes-no answer) that will remove this PFDS or not, or whether anyone else felt the same. (inb4 it's just a game. Screw that.)

He isn't dead, that is all.

What irks me is that, despite following Revan's teachings on Dromund Kaas and receiving the title "the Revanite" you still don't get any option to just join up with him or at least avoid fighting him.

That's a big azz plothole in my book.

I know how you feel, man. Me and a buddy went through the same thing. After that encounter, we stopped playing completely. After trying to find any sign that he wasn't "dead" and would return later in the story arc, we just decided to roll Republic. Based on the assumption on what happens at the end of the JK story, we wanted to get vengeance (Call me stupid or dumb, but you know what I mean).

Ever since, we made a small casual group based on finding redemption for Revan and just talk about his lore in general.

What irks me is that, despite following Revan's teachings on Dromund Kaas and receiving the title "the Revanite" you still don't get any option to just join up with him or at least avoid fighting him.

Nobody said you HAD to run the Foundry, it isn't in your class quest.

Maybe 4 other Sith adventurers killed him while you were busy worshipping him with the Revanites :p

So without further ado:

For one I haven't gotten a Sith character high enough for the Flashpoint in question. Yet to me from reading what you posted your group either opted to kill him or something. Not to spoil anything but on the Republic side if you run "The Maelstrom" flashpoint you will get another point of view that is more in line to what you are wanting to see. Least I thought it was pretty cool, maybe the Flashpoint your speaking of technically happens after the events of Taral V and The Maelstrom since they are chained together.

On a side note just remember that flashpoint your talking about is for the Sith side. So to my thinking Sith want to kill everything to give themselves more power.

What I want to know is how Revan has survived for 300+ years and still appears in his 30s. Is there a fountain of youth force power now?

the emperor trapped him with his loldarksidehax powers, and as for the whole not aging bit I'm pretty sure carbonite does the same thing, as their bodies are completely frozen, including the cells.

There's NO way anyone in the Empire would join him; he was attempting genocide against trillions of people -- 97% of the Empire's civilians.

So without further ado:

I agree Revan should had not been someone to fight and defeat in this game. Mistake number 1.

Mistake number 2, they gave Revan a face. What a slap in the face to KOTOR fans everywhere.

Mistake number 3 the way he died is leaving the assumption that he disappeared and became one with the Force. Like the remaining Jedi do in the original trilogy.

Did Lucas Arts approve this? I thought any mythology revolving around the original trilogy was not going to be in these games.

Well to be honest, in reference to the Revanites. They believed in the concept that Revan was neither light, or dark. And that true power comes from not being aligned to either fully.

Revan has just lost his marbles is what happened. 300 years of being in a mental war with the Emperor pretty much drove him insane.

Once you know what the Emperor is planning, you realize that Revan is pretty much just as nuts as the Sith Emperor.

Oh no Revan was killed in combat fighting four of the Empire's greatest heroes simultaneously! Who cares if the levels are just gaming mechanics not meant to represent any real measure of power, Revan was taken out by the best the Empire had to throw at him!

And people wonder why I deride them as Revan fanboys....:rolleyes:

The "greatest heroes" line would work better had he been an end game OP or FP boss.

And deride all you like, I see no shame in it.

I liked him, NINE YEARS AGO.

Build a bridge, I think he cheapens the game just by being in it.

At least we get to kill him, next maybe we can destroy his soul.:D

Good characters, and I count Revan among them, last longer than nine years.

I thought I had a legitimate inb4 stopper on this. >.>

I was really disappointed in this encounter. It was me (assassin tank), and two friends all level 37 (dps op and healer sorc). We do FPs with a companion as our fourth due to our social nature.

Anyway, a few seconds after the fight started, our healer had to afk for some emergency and me and the op managed to easily do the rest of the fight will no problem. They really need to make this fight harder or something.

except you can mention the cult to him, and he basically says 'yeah, they're wrong. i regret that they exist'.

anyway.

as for 'omg 4 random people killed revan, what is this ****?!' from the fanboys...

a) the emperor defeated Revan, and left him a broken shell, barely attached to his sanity. (he calls himself a lightside Jedi, and wants to wipe out trillions of civilians? right...) We just finished off the husk.

b) we're not 4 random people. we're 4 of the empires greatest heroes (or have you not noticed that, by the stage of Foundry, all of our class questlines are basically about how we're the single most influential/powerful/effective person in the empire, within our areas of dominance?).

This reminds me of the people playing WoW and complaining about how Arthas was killed by 10 nobodies - no he wasnt, he was killed by several of the greatest heroes of the alliance/horde, led by The Ashbringer himself, and supported by the combined military might of nearly the entire civilised world.

c) Revan was not that cool a character. Nameless from Planescape:Torment was a much more epic character imo, and you dont get people complaining that in the end he was most likely killed by some random demon in the Blood War, shortly after regaining his mortality. (and if you dont know who Nameless is, then i dont really think you should get to judge RPGs, but whatever :p).

Once a character's story is told, and Revan's most assuredly was, then that character should die. he shouldnt be wheeled out time after time just to say 'look guys, its me, Revan! omg its like your playing Kotor 3, isnt it?!', which is what some people seem to want.