The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Faster Leveling????

DarthJimilingus

I think you must have just been in the zone...I've notice it taking longer to level as you approach 50. It doesn't take significantly longer and leveling is still pretty quick, but I don't think it actually gets easier to level the higher you get.

I tend to level faster at the beginning of a planet because I've just gotten a bunch of quests and I sort of go into autopilot and get them done. Usually by the tail end of a planet, I'm sick of it, I've got like 2 quests left on opposite sides of the map, and I'm just dragging butt.

The fastest I've leveled anywhere in this game is Tatooine bonus series. 2 levels in about 1,5 hours, did have rested xp though. Overall this game is very fast with leveling. I remember doing wotlk 70-80 in WoW......took almost 1,5 days only those 10 levels.

I have noticed a huge slow down in leveling speed anytime I am working on green quests vs. very white ones. I know this seems common sense but you would think the rate you cut through the green ones would make up for it slightly... I swear there is a bonus for doing them as close to level as possible.

I have noticed a huge slow down in leveling speed anytime I am working on green quests vs. very white ones. I know this seems common sense but you would think the rate you cut through the green ones would make up for it slightly... I swear there is a bonus for doing them as close to level as possible.

Not sure if there is a bonus but the mobs you kill give significantly more xp if you are closer in level.

OP,

I think it has to do with the nature of the planet.

Before Taris, you're on Alderaan. Which sucks. It sucks horribly. Levels 31-33, where you leave Tatooine and do Alderaan class quests are slow for everyone. It's horribly designed. It's only natural that Taris feels great by comparison.

Taris is much nicer in layout (roughly circular), and as you move around it finishing quests it just flows quite nicely. It's my favourite planet to level on so far. Tatooine is a close second, but Tat was shaped more like a tree with branches, while Taris is more like a ball.

I've taken four chars through Taris already, and it is just a nice place to level. It kinda goes downhill from there though, Hoth I didn't like at all - everything gets too spaced out and empty.