The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Option to make cursor larger

Sathid

I have a large screen and enjoy being alittle back from my monitor while il play,plus its better on the eyes but when doing WZ's or group heavy content i must move closer because of quick reaction time and with a small cursor or the one that we currently have it just does not cut it for myself and i would assume many others.

I have already enlarged it as large as i can possibly do with my OS and there is little difference in game,i would just enjoy this option.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by Sathid

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a large screen and enjoy being alittle back from my monitor while il play,plus its better on the eyes but when dpoing WZ's or group heavy content i must move closer because of quick reaction time and with a small cursor or the one that we currently have it just does not cut it for myself and i would assume many others.

I have already enlarged it as large as i can possibly do with my OS and there is little difference in game,i would just enjoy this option.

Thank you in advance.

Not a bad idea also with size i think it should be customizeable, including different shapes and colors. i also have a wide screen and the curser does seem to look little as well.

/signed

Edited by DarthSabreth

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
I have the same issue regarding the cursor, not sure if its because of the color or what but during warzones I loose track of my cursor all the time.

This is the WORST when you need to click something manually (healing challenge anyone?) and quickly when you lose track of your cursor.

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

This should be very easy for them to do. I say that because I bought the $99 Hero Engine subscription to play around with it.

For this particular case, the cursor object is stored as a GUIControl in HeroEngine. It has names like ARROW, HAND, IBEAM, WAIT, and so on that indicate the cursor. Any GUIControl object in Hero Engine can have its size.x and size.y parameters changed.

So you could make a control panel setting that provides a slider for different cursor sizes. Alternatively, they could provide a a graduated named scale for cursor sizes, such as "Small", "Default", "Large", "Very Large" or something like that. This latter approach would only be the case if you didn't want to have a number scale.

Re-sizing and re-coloring the mouse cursor really needs to be an option. On 4K monitors and multi-monitor setups, it's very easy to lose track of the mouse cursor, especially in intense combat situations. That default small gold cursor can get lost way too easily in particle effects, bright backgrounds, etc. Please implement an option to allow us to change it. TY.

• 1 month later...

/SIGNED!!!

MANY of us players are older or a BIT VISION IMPAIRED.

I myself am aged 43 and I have PRESBYOPIA (i am far-sighted and have trouble seeing things up close)

PLEASE ACCOMMODATE OUR DISABILITIES AND COMPLY with the ADA!!! (Americans with Disabilities ACT!!)

(IT IS THE DAMN LAW!!!!!)

Make more "Ease of Access" options like this please! The NEW Star Wars Battlefront 3 is doing it RIGHT NOW.

AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PLEASE ALLOW US to ENLARGE our ITEM DESCRIPTION TOOLTIP TEXT SIZE!!!!

This should be very easy for them to do. I say that because I bought the $99 Hero Engine subscription to play around with it.

For this particular case, the cursor object is stored as a GUIControl in HeroEngine. It has names like ARROW, HAND, IBEAM, WAIT, and so on that indicate the cursor. Any GUIControl object in Hero Engine can have its size.x and size.y parameters changed.

So you could make a control panel setting that provides a slider for different cursor sizes. Alternatively, they could provide a a graduated named scale for cursor sizes, such as "Small", "Default", "Large", "Very Large" or something like that. This latter approach would only be the case if you didn't want to have a number scale.

I am SO GLAD that SMART players LIKE YOU exist!!!!!! :D