40's Questing

cardje

I've been having the problem for a good 10 levels now where I've been questing in zones 2-3 levels ahead of where I should. I've completed all quests apart from some heroics on all worlds I've been to and now I'm 43 and a half and have completed half of Voss and have hit a wall fighting level 47's.

What am I missing? I've done the bonus series's on every world that I could, I have done almost every quest so far.

Might not health being an assassin I can skip mobs and go to the end goals, but that doesn't give me 3 levels.

Help?

I've been having the problem for a good 10 levels now where I've been questing in zones 2-3 levels ahead of where I should. I've completed all quests apart from some heroics on all worlds I've been to and now I'm 43 and a half and have completed half of Voss and have hit a wall fighting level 47's.

What am I missing? I've done the bonus series's on every world that I could, I have done almost every quest so far.

Might not health being an assassin I can skip mobs and go to the end goals, but that doesn't give me 3 levels.

Help?

My problem is I'm on Nar Shaddaa at level 29 fighting level 21 mobs. I over level everything. You'd be surprised how much those mobs you skip add up with bonus XP. Plus I do space near daily and PvP I do occasionally which gives huge XP rewards.

When i mean skip mobs I don't mean every mob in the game :p

I mean I'll skip 1-2 mobs in a cave for example If i need to get to the end. Or skip mobs after the bonus is complete. Like it might equal up to 1 level.. but yeah

I mean I'll skip 1-2 mobs in a cave for example If i need to get to the end. Or skip mobs after the bonus is complete. Like it might equal up to 1 level.. but yeah

either your skipping too many quests or too many mobs. more often than not people are over leveling.

If you skipped a lot of mobs by stealthing then you missed the xp on those kills. But more importantly you probably missed a lot of bonus missions. Bonus mission xp accounts a lot for the questing xp that you get. My guess though this is just a stab in the dark, you missed a lot of the bonus missions which caused you to drop below the leveling curve.

You might have to take a break from the questing and run some flashpoints a few times or warzones or space missions or a mixture of the 3 to get yourself back on track with the xp curve.

For comparison I finished Voss at level 49 and hit 50 about a third of the way into corellia and that was purely from doing quests and the space missions. I didn't pvp or run flashpoints for the most part.

Help?

best way to get some quick XP just do a couple of Warzones with the dailies quest and you will get a ton of xp and money.

do the highest yield space missions once a day and the daily, add in the odd WZ match here and there

Assassins make this mistake all the time. I was level 50 before I even stepped on Voss with my Merc.

The saddest (or funniest) part was I could kill everything and it would only take me a couple mins longer than it took them to sneak through.

at level 40 did you do i think its hoth bonus? after voss is a hoth bonus series, and i'm think quesh? i forget another as well. I didnt hit this wall myself, my friend and i never hit a wall till in 45+'s and was just us finishing quest lines and me still being 49 1/2 and we skipped some bonuses.

If you are lower in level than your quest mobs, and you have no quests before that to fall back to, I would advise you take a step back from questing and turning to PvP warzones for a little while, along with some space combat. PvP rewards you fairly well for participating and it will catch you up in levels.

If you're too high in level for the quest mobs, (and if it's happening to most people) then that's is something that BioWare might to look into. It could be people are just getting exp too fast trivializing the last 10 levels leading up to 50, which would be a shame.

Edited by Brickabrack