I have found the best looking possible armor for Commandos.

ZHRGG

Yuck. But to each his own I guess. Had a Jedi in trooper armor in Voidstar the other day. Kept wondering why a Trooper was swinging a sword, lol.

Light armor classes can be even more confusing.

Two words: Social Armors.

It is more than slightly disturbing watching a Jedi Consular wander by in a slave girl outfit...that's been decked to the nines in full mods and hence quite effective.

Alas, they're light armor so I can't do that on my Trooper effectively...

Dude i think you have a severe case of "I went out last night, drank too much, picked up a really beautiful chick, had *** and when i woke up the morning after the Beautiful Chick was gone and what i had lying next to me only looks attractive if i were a pig myself"

In other words, get them rose colored goggles off :)

If you want a nice chest piece, it's for Vanguards, not Commandos. T2 chest looks like someone spilled puke all over my shoulders and Rakata doesn't look anywhere as good as Vanguards'. If anything, the battle scars make it look second hand, ugh.

You're entitled to your personal tastes, but there is no way in hell that's the best looking armor possible. You just look confused.

^agreed!!^

IMHO if you want to run around looking like a Jedi, then you should play a Jedi.

Actually seen a few confused Troopers running around in NON modable strength robes and gear. When I explained to one he needed aim gear, not strength, hid idiotic reply was, "I know but I like the look." I just walked away.

Personally, think they need to put class qualifications on the gear, to keep this from happening.

Personally, think they need to put class qualifications on the gear, to keep this from happening.

Nah...let them learn the hard way! ;)

I do like that you can mix and match if you want to. Since companions can't hide their helm, I pick up the heavy headband in Nar Shadaa or the shades from Hoth so I won't have to hide their pretty faces in ugly tropper helms!

Personally, I'd never put Jedi robes on non-Jedi characters. My tropper buddy has a set from Taral V. It looks pretty awesome and unique! (IMO is the best) I'll post a pic when I get a chance.

• 1 month later...

Hey.. If he likes it, thats perfectly fine with me.. I dont like it.. but I think its cool if someone else does.

IMHO Heavy armor isnt a robe... period.. I dont care how thick you make a robe, or what material you make it out of.. its NOT heavy armor.. sorry, but... no. Any nearby explosion tossing chunks of sharpanel at you is going to take you down, no matter what kind of CLOTH you have on.. maybe the pieces wont puncture the advanced bulletproof cloth.. but they are still going to do serious impact/blunt damage and take you down even if only for a time.. My JK is one of those wearing heavy trooper armor.. its orange outcast gear..(orange) has a little robetail type thing in the back.. along with the sovereign mind headgear (circlet/orange) and heavy gunners (orange) and the RD-14A Scout gauntlets (orange) it makes for a somewhat fair looking set ... dont like the big shoulder hooks it has but... there arent many choices at lvl 30 that look fair to midlin on a JK. I am really hoping.. they take some things into consideration with 1.2..

MOST people dont like to look like an idiot.. most armor and headgear in this game makes you look like an idiot (imo) and I wont wear it..

The OP likes his gear. great! I like "heavy" armor.. hopefully, with 1.2 we will both have more options to choose from :)

My JK is one of those wearing heavy trooper armor.. its orange outcast gear..(orange) has a little robetail type thing in the back.. along with the sovereign mind headgear (circlet/orange) and heavy gunners (orange) and the RD-14A Scout gauntlets (orange) it makes for a somewhat fair looking set ... dont like the big shoulder hooks it has but... there arent many choices at lvl 30 that look fair to midlin on a JK. I am really hoping.. they take some things into consideration with 1.2..

MOST people dont like to look like an idiot.. most armor and headgear in this game makes you look like an idiot (imo) and I wont wear it..

The OP likes his gear. great! I like "heavy" armor.. hopefully, with 1.2 we will both have more options to choose from :)

I'm with you: I want my Jedi to wear a full suit of body armor. Currently he's using TH-15A Corpsman Body Armor as a chest piece, with some heavy armor looking gloves and boots. I'm still working on getting him some customizable greaves.

Patch 1.2 will finally make this really possible. They're making purple gear, both looted and crafted, as equally customizable as orange gear. Thus, I'll be getting a purple tier suit of the "Heavy Battle" armormech set. I can't wait!