Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Grapple into spawn with ball, fair play?

BombasticHoydens

Hell, I think from now on in Huttball I'll just wait at my own spawn shelf so the enemy team can never score when playing against my PT.

You could try, but you will find a ball carrier has full resolve more often than you would think coming into the goal line because he has been suffering knock backs and CCs on his trip across the walkways.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use it though I wish I could find a Dev post about it.

There are counters to it and a number of them have been posted previously so I wont waste my time.

Is it an exploit for a Jugger to jump to a person coming out of the spawn point? I mean u can't stay in the spawn point for long or risk being ejected from the game. And as far as I know there is no defense against the Jugger's jump to an enemy player. It's game mechanics, it's not a secret, many people have asked for an answer to this and I cannot find an actual Dev saying 'yay' or 'nay'.

I've been pulled to an insta-death quite a few times... though I've already scored since I never run straight to the center of their spawn point, I come in at the far ends making them run to me and giving myself a few more seconds to score. IMO this is just your normal 'qq' about something that some consider an exploit because

A: the qq'er does not play a class with a pull. OR

B: the qq'er doesn't know how to counter it.

agreed people should just take lvl 1-49 to learn class abilities of other classes and to experiment, then when they get to 50 they should at least know a little of the common stuff that goes on.

only people on ledges should be snipers and slingers who can be lept to, and only if they have their anti cc up.

people should just learn these things until fixed or not.

I would say it is over cheating because it is a game mechanic that just makes instant death and not everyone can do it. If every class had this fine opportunity it wouldn't be much of an issue.

Happened to me for the first time last night and I was thinking "***". Zap dead. No work involved from the opposing player using a fail game mechanic imo. If they were just pulling people up and working them over, again, this wouldn't be an issue.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.