Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Grapple into spawn with ball, fair play?

BombasticHoydens

I am of course referring to Huttball, where a Powertech/Vanguard can grab you when you're nearing the goal and pull you into his spawn, instantly killing you can giving up the ball. After having this happen to me earlier I was told that it was perfectly legitimate and in no way an exploit.

Is this honestly what passes for legitimate gameplay? A maneuver that has zero risk and instantly counters someone who's about to score a goal? And the only way to prevent it is through either full resolve or one of very few abilities to grant CC immunity?

Hell, I think from now on in Huttball I'll just wait at my own spawn shelf so the enemy team can never score when playing against my PT.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's in the rules explanation before the match, where it says cheating is encouraged.

Though, to save my reputation on my server, I've resolved to only use it against the Republic or people who already have me on ignore.

For the love of christ, if I hear one more trooper/bh quote Baron Deathmark as evidence that this is working as intended I'm going to lose it.

The kill mechanic is working as intended but the grapple is supposed to count as a score given that the ball has crossed the line. I don't think it's a high priority fix at this point but eventually I suspect they will raise the height modifier on the goal area so that this exploit is fixed.

If you really wanna be pro you can /stuck when there near it and port back to the spawn.

Yes i pull people in, Its lols and i love doing it, While i will agree it should count as a score if they pass the line its not an exploit or foul play given they encourage you to cheat in Hutt Ball anyhow.

An FYI, Its not an exploit at all Devs have already stated it, There is one though that lets you stay up there but ya...Not gonna say how to do that.

Edited by MastaGigs

For the love of christ, if I hear one more trooper/bh quote Baron Deathmark as evidence that this is working as intended I'm going to lose it.

The kill mechanic is working as intended but the grapple is supposed to count as a score given that the ball has crossed the line. I don't think it's a high priority fix at this point but eventually I suspect they will raise the height modifier on the goal area so that this exploit is fixed.

NERDDDDRAGE.

Cheating is encouraged. Cleaver use of game mechanics if you ask me... so much so that I wouldn't even consider it cheating. But then again I was the guy standing in lava for 5 hours with a disc priest for our first sarth3d kill so who am I to say what is cheating... :)

If you really wanna be pro you can /stuck when there near it and port back to the spawn.

Yes i pull people in, Its lols and i love doing it, While i will agree it should count as a score if they pass the line its not an exploit or foul play given they encourage you to cheat in Hutt Ball anyhow.

Sometimes it does count as a score. It's not like there's no risk in doing it.

NERDDDDRAGE.

Cheating is encouraged. Cleaver use of game mechanics if you ask me... so much so that I wouldn't even consider it cheating. But then again I was the guy standing in lava for 5 hours with a disc priest for our first sarth3d kill so who am I to say what is cheating... :)

By that definition, I can use speed hacks in Huttball to. That's cheating but, hey, cheating is encouraged so no big deal right?

Sometimes it does count as a score. It's not like there's no risk in doing it.

I've been owned by this several times and always end up saying "Crap! I thought I was LOS". You can't get mad at the mechanic, it's actually funny if you think about it.

I feel it's fair game play and good use of in game mechanics.

By that definition, I can use speed hacks in Huttball to. That's cheating but, hey, cheating is encouraged so no big deal right?

Using mechanics already implemented in a game is a much different story than using 3rd party programs to manipulate the game code. Nice try though.

Using mechanics already implemented in a game is a much different story than using 3rd party programs to manipulate the game code. Nice try though.

Both give me an unfair advantage that any reasonable person could understand is unintended by the development team (don't link the working as intended post, that only shows that they intended the insta-gib, not the no score, plus you can find other ticket responses saying that it is being looked into). How is it any different?

What about glitching through the doors in Voidstar? That doesn't require a 3rd party program and gives an unfair advantage to the team using it. But I guess since there's no in-game announcer saying "Cheating is encouraged" that isn't okay.

What about glitching through the doors in Voidstar? That doesn't require a 3rd party program and gives an unfair advantage to the team using it. But I guess since there's no in-game announcer saying "Cheating is encouraged" that isn't okay.

The guy's a BARON. He has authority.

The guy's a BARON. He has authority.

I'm going to take from your joking tone that you also think this is an exploit but will use it until it gets fixed.

I don't blame the players who use it, it's just ingenuity. I blame the dev team for being absolutely and consistently abysmal in fixing multiple issues

I'm going to take from your joking tone that you also think this is an exploit but will use it until it gets fixed.

I don't blame the players who use it, it's just ingenuity. I blame the dev team for being absolutely and consistently abysmal in fixing multiple issues

I think it's an exploit inasmuch as maybe it wasn't intended, but until further notice it's part of the game. So, regardless of whether it's going to be fixed or how soon, it's part of the game. And unlike other kinds of "exploits:"

1. Both sides can do it.

2. There are counters to it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.