The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

597K & 648K Pyrotech in Voidstar

Vauleen

What about the set bonus from Eliminator it's for Mercenary ?? :confused:

(2) Reduces the cooldown of Jet Boost or Concussion Charge by 5 seconds.

(4) Increases the critical chance of Rail Shot or High Impact Bolt by 15%.

Jet Boost = Mercenary skill

Edited by Ratito

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about the set bonus from Eliminator it's for Mercenary ?? :confused:

Jet Boost = Mercenary skill

You take Eliminator for the 4PC Bonus. 15% Rail Shot Crit chance is *amazing* for Pyro. It's our hardest hitting ability and you want to keep the damage flowing.

I'm playing merc pyro and not geared yet, but that looks like a lot of fun... the amount your dots tick for is insane... correct me if I'm wrong but do some of your dots tick for over 1000 damage?

Yes my dots can crit over 1000 damage. This usually happens when the player is under 30% health when Burnout kicks in.

You take Eliminator for the 4PC Bonus. 15% Rail Shot Crit chance is *amazing* for Pyro. It's our hardest hitting ability and you want to keep the damage flowing.

Correct. I actually started with the Combat Tech suit but changed once I realized the bonuses were not as good as the 4 piece Eliminator set bonus.

Here are the reasons it is better for "Pyro" Spec:

- Railshot has the ability to be triggered by Flame Burst and Rocket Punch which means it can be up more than once every 9 seconds.

- Railshot is our hardest hitting ability (hits 1.5K to 2K harder than rocketpunch) and can hit consistently harder when critting an extra 15% of them time. So instead of critting 25% of the time like my other abilities it crits 40% of the time. Add in explosive Fuel and my chance to crit becomes 65%. More railshot crits means higher damage and better burst DPS.

- The Carbonize bonus on the Combat Tech suit breaks carbonize. I thought at first when I was using it I was getting really unlucky. But after reading in these forums I found out that others were experiencing the same issues with it.

- Railshot ignores 60% armour(Punture). With a chance to ignore 30% more armour (Super Heated Rail). Rocketpunch can not ignore armour.

- Railshot has the ability to dissipate 8 heat (Super Heated Rail) if you hit a target that is burning. And reset CGC's (Combustable Gas Cylinder) burn effect.

I hope this is enough to convince you that Eliminator is better.

- Vaul

So fun when players run away at low health, I don't even bother chasing them most of the time, especially if they have my dots and I manage to tag them with a TD.

QFT.

TD is also awesome for when Juggernauts (I believe its the Jugger at least) pop their damage reduction. They usually pop it when they are almost dead, which is too late IMHO. So I stick them with a TD and watch it blow them up after their damage reduction is over. That way I can start killing other players in the mean time.

It should be very possible. The only big difference between our Pyro trees is that you don't get a guaranteed CGC dot with extra damage like we do. However you also don't get as many abilities to improve your railshot like we do. But then you have tracer missile which works better for you. However I have never played Merc so I can't say for sure.

Merc Pyro has a higher chance of proccing rail shot, but the two abilities that proc the ability are channeled. As mentioned power tech has more bonuses for rail shot. Also a merc pyro doesn't get tracer missile, they use power shot and unload like power techs use flame burst and rocket punch.

The biggest issue with a merc is can you keep in the background long enough to spam cast your abilities. If yes then you will do good damage, if not your going to get shut down. If you can get paired up with someone to help keep people off of you then your going to do well.

By contrast a Powertech can't really be interrupted, however they do tend to want to be in the thick of things and can be easily focused down once the other team realizes just how freaking hard we can hit. So you tend to want to engage stragglers or pull someone out of the group to focus them down. Pyrotechs do not have any real escape abilities and are shield only does so much. Course if you get a healer and a tank protecting you well the bodies start stacking up.

Edited by Dharagada

Well arsenal spec mercs get tracery missile...pyro mercs don't get tracer. You would have to sacrafise TD for it...which isn't worth it really.

In the Merc pyro guide stickied he say his dots crit for 900 so I think PT Pyro does a little more dmg, but we can do all our dmg from full range where PT has to get up close, which is probably a fair trade off. Think I'll stick with the merc for now...just need to L2P and get some gear...look forward to more vids though.

cool vid, you definitely know how to play the class well, your opponents are horrible and your healers are awesome :)

I am curious why you use sonic-missle so rarely? especially with them in a big group? wouldn't it be a benefit to everyone to use this everytime its off cooldown for the damage reduction?

also why don't you utilize grapple more often to pull the people off the doors

and why do you use flame-sweep? I haven't really found a reason to use it yet, especially in PvP

cool vid, you definitely know how to play the class well, your opponents are horrible and your healers are awesome :)

I am curious why you use sonic-missle so rarely? especially with them in a big group? wouldn't it be a benefit to everyone to use this everytime its off cooldown for the damage reduction?

also why don't you utilize grapple more often to pull the people off the doors

and why do you use flame-sweep? I haven't really found a reason to use it yet, especially in PvP

Sonic Missile:

I was playing more for the dps in that one. (We had plenty of heals) But I'm sure I could have thrown it in a couple more times.

Grapple:

I could and do do that but not so much in that particular vid.

Flame Sweep:

More AOE damage. It helps keep guys off the door. It can also do a fair amount of damage as well. But it is very situational and uses a lot of heat. I rarely use it myself, it just so happens that it was worth it in this case.

Actually I only tend to use it on voidstar due to the group clumping making its output damage much higher. Versus a small number of people it is not really worth using.

I'm not 50 yet I've been leveling very slowly in the pre-50s bracket on Mandalore.

It's obvious to me why most PTs I see are playing iron fist or carolina parakeet. It let's you move around and stay alive longer!

In warzones, after you burst someone down it seems like they are on you for the rest of the game. It seems like every single game I play as pyro, after I get my 10 kills medal I've got a marauder, juggernaught, operative (cause I always grapple these guys and burst them), and sniper folliwing me around trying to gib me at every opportunity.

I've learned to use a lot of corners and los, and utilizing our long-range burst to keep from getting killed as much in pvp.

Your game runs smooth as butter! What's your secret?

Top of the line PC as of early last year running:

Intel 3.2 Quad Core I7

12 Gbs OCZ Ram running at 1333 Mhz

2 Raid 0 OCZ Vertex 2 SSD Drives

Ravage III Motherboard

ATI 6970 Vietnam Edition running 11.12 Driver

Win 7 x64

And believe it or not since Tuesdays patch the game is running even better.

Top of the line PC as of early last year running:

Intel 3.2 Quad Core I7

12 Gbs OCZ Ram running at 1333 Mhz

2 Raid 0 OCZ Vertex 2 SSD Drives

Ravage III Motherboard

ATI 6970 Vietnam Edition running 11.12 Driver

Win 7 x64

And believe it or not since Tuesdays patch the game is running even better.

/jealous :)

It has been running better. I still get steady, but choppy, performance in warzones. Keep up the flames, your videos are awesome.

IM is used lightly due to its high heat costs. 25 per use. And TD is a single target ability that although nice isn't usually needed. The goal of this spec is to kill via you dot/dots and using RP/FB to get more railshots.

My question about this is, how much better is Deep Burn over a modified Carolina Parakeet build? I ask because CP gives a bit more survivability, you get extra medals for guarding, Jet Charge and double the heat bleed due to Shield Vents. I can pop IMs fairly liberally and don't seem to lose a ton of damage versus the Deep Burn build...

I'm also still testing so could be wrong

My question about this is, how much better is Deep Burn over a modified Carolina Parakeet build? I ask because CP gives a bit more survivability, you get extra medals for guarding, Jet Charge and double the heat bleed due to Shield Vents. I can pop IMs fairly liberally and don't seem to lose a ton of damage versus the Deep Burn build...

I'm also still testing so could be wrong

The only guarding medal that I generally miss out on is the 50K protection which if I wanted to I could run Ion and still get it. However getting 10K protection with sonic missile and neural dart while running CGC is very easy.

Unfortunately there is no Jet charge but we kill extremely fast and can pretty much perma snare/dot people while we kite/kill. And we kill quickly. However there is a lot more heat management involved.

Thermal sensor override is one of our best abilities to help use IM.

As for DPS I feel we are easily better but that could have a lot to do with my playstyle and not dying too often. It's rare for me to not have the highest damage, kills and Killing Blows in Warzones.