When does CM healing become easier?

derrytest

Hi, i'm just curious. Leveling a Combat medic atm, i rerolled from my 50 sage healer as i just couldnt stand the ammount of sages around, the sage armor and that my guild has 6 sage healers and one combat medic.

I'm around level 16 now, leveling in corauscant, ive been doing some HC quests with people, granted not optimal setups but nothing i woulda had a problem with as a sage and found myself struggling on some of the bigger pulls, running out of ammo fast when hammer shot was a waste of a gcd. I only have two heals atm, hammer shot :/, and medical probe. I understand that advanced medical probe talented is great and helps alot but thats much further down the tree.

So, TLDR; When does healing HC quests and flashpoints become easier and when do commandos feel like a proper healer able to heal through anything with smart heal usage?

I'm not looking for easymode, i made commando to have a challenge, but having one heal and hammer shot is a bit crappy. Not sure itll be enough for Flashpoints.

Thanks

Field Triage is a huge talent for resource management. Trauma probe is nice also, especially for your companion while leveling.

If you re-rolled for pvp I think you're going to hate it though tbh. I have one of each healer at 50 and my sorc is by far my fav healer for pvp. Sprint is the best defensive cd in the game for a healer...

If you go straight up the combat medic tree i'd say low 30's you'd have all your main heals and abilities. Coming from a sage you may feel a bit underpowered, combat medics are good at sustained burst healing. You can heal for days with proper ammo management.

If you spec straight through CM tree, I think you get all 3 points in Field Triage at lvl 27. At that point your AMP->MP rotation will let you heal through almost anything except high AOE damage without running out of ammo. And even the AOE damage can be overcome with Supercharge Cells and AMP->MP and Kolto Bomb.

Yes, at level 30 you are freaking awesome. Trauma probe rocks.

Field Triage is also super great, AMP -> MP (as someone already stated) is amazing for resource management (and it heals for a ton...)

In PvP, commando heals are pretty awesome, but like someone else said its pretty important to play with a tank guarding you; if you are guarded by a good tank, the two of you can pretty much expect not to die as long as your team is fairly competent and your not grossly outnumbered...

combat medic will never be as good as sage , the force barrier bubble that sages get is awesome and absorbs a huge amount of damage and is easily spammable . the bubble we get from kolto bomb is not near as good . is not spammable and needs a cast squeance .

if you do want to try be good as a healer , make a crit. surge build on your mods , but untill bioware shows combat medic some love , you will never match a sage .

dont underestimate just how good force barrier is