The only thing "massive" about this game is the faction imbalance

mufutiz

New players won't notice low player numbers, but as soon as you hit Hoth, the planets turn into ghost towns. I'm just about done with Voss, and the lowest I've seen it was 9 players at 5pm Eastern. Thats insane. It gets pretty lonely sometimes.

LOL only 300k active players on average. You do know what that chart measures right? It measures activity. It doesn't show any change in population. There is another chart which shows populations haven't changed much.

300k active players is awesome. Thanks for owning yourself. Not that I was having difficulty with it, but I appreciate less work.

Playing a republic character on a (EU) PvP server has been one of the most solitary experience I have had in a multiplayer game.

It seems there are about twice as many servers online as would be necessary - and required - to create an enjoyable multiplayer experience for Republic players on a lot of servers. Now the faction imbalance is obviously not cool for Ilum and world PvP but it extends beyond that to the pve aspect on some servers I think.

dead silence in chat on most planets, 2 hours of looking for members for a H4+ quest outside of the busy evening hours.

obviously the population is going to stretch out over all level ranges after a month but it feels too thinly stretched if you ask me.

launch was indeed very smooth but maybe too many servers were opened, or at least PvP servers? Empire is such a day-night difference, it is not even funny.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=238002

Yep

LOL only 300k active players on average. You do know what that chart measures right? It measures activity. It doesn't show any change in population. There is another chart which shows populations haven't changed much.

300k active players is awesome. Thanks for owning yourself. Not that I was having difficulty with it, but I appreciate less work.

I would LOVE to see your chart that shows populations haven't changed much.

Love to.

Hello Everyone,

The topic of faction imbalances is a popular discussion on the forums. We currently have a thread discussing this topic and ask that you join the thread here: Are we seriously going to get absolutely no word on faction imbalance or low pops? to continue this conversation.

This will help to keep the forums organized for the community. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.