Sentinal, the general public vs. the elitist minority.

ReithKanaka

This IS FACT.

Focus spec average warzone damage 400k+ (I see people on my server pulling 500k+ average on voidstar)

Watchman average warzone damage 350k+ 100k+ healing

Combat average warzone damage 300k+

Just because you cannot pull these numbers does not mean it is impossible.

And since the lvl 50 bracket all opponents are "equal"

I am talking about 1v2 or 1v3 (lol)... Not pulling out some meaningless numbers.

And how do you know that I can't pull out these silly numbers that serve as bragging rights only?

And how is a fresh lvl50 at equal grounds against someone with 500+ expertise?

Apply some basic logic and this pile of a crap post starts to stink really bad.

Edited by Metallistic

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I see you edited the quote after I replied then claim that this was the main point after all.

Nice one.

You realy think 1v2 or 1v3 vs bads is impossible? lol regular occurance.

And yes ofc thers is a big advantage between a fresh 50 and a battlemaster but so what? Thats MMO's for you.

Oh I see you edited the quote after I replied then claim that this was the main point after all.

Nice one.

You realy think 1v2 or 1v3 vs bads is impossible? lol regular occurance.

And yes ofc thers is a big advantage between a fresh 50 and a battlemaster but so what? Thats MMO's for you.

1.No, I did not edit anything so please don't be a strawman making things up.

2. If you have 2 opponents (or even 3) focused on you and you are alone, similarly geared, I dont see any way a Sentinel could survive unless you outgear them SIGNIFICANTLY. Fighting 2 undergeared players does not prove that your class is strong.

3. That is my point. Nice to see that you disagree with the blatantly stupid sentence in your previous post, which stated that all lvl50s are on equal grounds since the bracket.

Edited by Metallistic

Ofc they are "equal" or bioware would not let them pvp together.

or are you proposing differnt warzone groups for different valour ranks?

And you clearly did edit the post to include the second half of my statement after I replied to the first half.

You make it sound like everyone should have the same gear, same stats same relic/adrenal/craft skills before you can judge comparitive pvp.

The fact remains that in most alderean warzones I regularly solo the 2 scrubs defending a turret then cap it.

or are you proposing differnt warzone groups for different valour ranks?

And you clearly did edit the post to include the second half of my statement after I replied to the first half.

You make it sound like everyone should have the same gear, same stats same relic/adrenal/craft skills before you can judge comparitive pvp.

The fact remains that in most alderean warzones I regularly solo the 2 scrubs defending a turret then cap it.

Level 50 PvP bracket is not equal, nor balanced. There is a huge difference between 500 expertise players and the ones who just start. The scrubs you are soloing probably don't have said Expertise. If any other bracket should be created, it should be based on expertise values.

I agree with most you've said, but this point in particular is complete rubbish. Just move on the subject and forget you ever mentioned it.

Edited by RamzaBehoulve

Would you make your mind already? :confused:

:D

Level 50 PvP bracket is not equal, nor balanced. There is a huge difference between 500 expertise players and the ones who just start. The scrubs you are soloing probably don't have said Expertise. If any other bracket should be created, it should be based on expertise values.

I agree with most you've said, but this point in particular is complete rubbish. Just move on the subject and forget you ever mentioned it.

Expertise is overpowered, actually. 10% Expertise is not 10% advantage. It's 20% advantage over a player with 0 Expertise (although feels more like 40%).

First, I take 10% less damage and do 10% more damage. Second, they take 10% and deal 10% less.

Basically, it looks like this. I was a fresh 50, 38 Expertise, mostly "just dinged" PvE tank gear, guarding an Alderaan node in a pug. Operative comes, 6k, 4k, 4k, 3500, dead. /rrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaage!1111

Some time later, 400 Expertise, just before the 1.1 Operative nerf. I'm guarding the same Alderaan node. A PvE-geared Operative comes, opens up and starts stabbing. 3k, 2k, 2k, 1500. Then I faceroll him into concrete.

Something is just not right.

Edited by Helig

Would you make your mind already? :confused:

:D

No wonder you are confused with an mind like yours, "equal". Equal in terms of bioware saying its fair to play vs each other.

Or maybe you didnt understand ""

If your after perfect balance go play GW2, this is a MMO.

No wonder you are confused with an mind like yours, "equal". Equal in terms of bioware saying its fair to play vs each other.

Or maybe you didnt understand ""

If your after perfect balance go play GW2, this is a MMO.

You're saying that GW2 isn't an MMO? *Le Gasp*

To all those posting about 400k games with regularity. Put up some screenies. I mean since I don't have to substantiate it, I always fo at least 600k and get 8 medals every match. Take my word on it. Post three plus screenies with you doing that damage. For you guys that should come from your dallies. Right?

I know of ONE video of a sent post 1.1 doing 480k he had two pocket heals and a guard. He played amazingly well and was in the zone. His other three posted vids he did between 88k and 200k. I just wonder about all these posts. One sent on my server puts up huge numbers but he rolls with a pocket vanguard and pocket heals to do that damage. I'm not saying it's not possible. I believe it is and has totally rebound my keyboard to a "pro" setup. I know I will be better once I get used to it. I can hit around 250k vs bads without heals and 250k if I get a fair amount of heals (not a full pocket but random pug heals).

I just would like to see some screens to back up these huge claims and at least three of them with proof it's post 1.1.

Ok, just please, stop saying anything. Take a deep breath, go out, do some sport.. The last few tidbits were awfully wrong despite a good start.

So your saying GW2 =/= GW2?

I can debate this all night long!

To the ^^ poster, sure ill start taking screenshots of warzones, before I started reading these forums I didnt realise 400k was something special

its not cool to have that ONE CLASS that is hard as hell to play.

In exchange for being hard to play, the Sentinel outshines ranged dps under the well-played scenario.

When your best move is spamming Tracer Missiles over and over again... there's not much room for growth or adaptation. Your dps is fixed and it will always be what it is.

If you choose to take on the challenge of playing a melee warrior, you stand to gain much much more AND have the defensive survival of a tank. But know that the path to heroism is very very hard. Heck, why do you think the Jedi Knight's storyline ending is so ridiculously hard? Practice until you can solo it. It's been done.

in exchange for being hard to play, the sentinel outshines ranged dps under the well-played scenario.

When your best move is spamming tracer missiles over and over again... There's not much room for growth or adaptation. Your dps is fixed and it will always be what it is.

If you choose to take on the challenge of playing a melee warrior, you stand to gain much much more and have the defensive survival of a tank. But know that the path to heroism is very very hard. Heck, why do you think the jedi knight's storyline ending is so ridiculously hard? Practice until you can solo it. It's been done.

+1

I dont understand why people think they should be good at playing any class after a few days or a week of pvp. IMO being good should take weeks of playing and you shouldnt be good as soon as you hit 50. Sentinel is fine because once you learn to use all the skills well, its very powerful. The problem is that some other classes basically require no player skill, thus making people not want to play sentinel.

Side note... *** is up with everyone wanting to be able to hit 50 and start destroying people right off the bat? No one is going to be a master of their class within 2-3 weeks of leveling. No one now a days wants to put time in to learn how to *********** playing

Since the average MMO today isn't played for years but rather months, it's a bit different from how things used to be. Though it's entirely possible to master your class by level 50, as that's the point of leveling up. Learning your class through forced time and effort spent practicing it.

If they just handed you a level 50 character, you'd be lost and confused.