Sniper 50 MM - PVE - Not so pure dps

yreaction

Oh, do we?

Yes , that fact that a FULL tree is completely useless in PVP, that we have less utility, less survivability, can't heal...

and the fact that i can DPS 350-400k DPS in a WZ, but a SORC will get 550k + 100K healing to get his "2 free medals" that we cant have..

the people talking about armor and how that lowers our DPS and how that's "OK" and could "Explain" the difference...

are you nucking futs? If that mob was the boss in a dungeon (and very well could be for all intents and purposes) the sniper will do less DPS than the other DPS classes. So yeah, still a valid test.

Snipers are subjected to full defense characteristics for the vast majority of their attacks where as force/tech attacks are not and make up the vast majority of most other DPS spec/classes abilities.

Even without a combat log you can do the math.

If looking purely at damage numbers for abilities, cast times, and resource consumption we had the same DPS potential as say, a sorc/sage we are still doing a damage type that has to go against both defensive rolls which will, over time (the S in DPS) we will do less damage due to RNG mitigating some of our attacks.

our issue isn't the strength of our abilities, it's not the resource management, it's the mechanics of our attack type and how it is mitigated/defended against by players and NPCs alike.

i dont know how it took you 3 mins to burn 120k hp....it takes me a min and 40ish seconds to burn 120k hp, granted that was playing 23/16/2 and a couple weeks ago...but still....

Agree with this, I don't understand how taking 3 minutes for 120k hp is anywhere close to a true sustained dps test. A much more controlled test would be the solo boss in EV, on hard/nightmare since there is no knockback and you can just execute your rotation. For what it's worth I do around 1230 dps on that (without using orbital strike), right in line with the quoted post, and I'm curious what other people/classes are getting.

I measured my pve dps with sniper (1800+ cunning / 40%+crit / 85%+crit bonus from surge) on the first world boss on Dromund Kass, by using only dmging abilities in a rotation, i was about 75k dmg <+/-10%> / min (MM spec).

Mercenary is way better by any means, if there are more in your ops group, they even boost up each others dps, so they shoot 4-5k crits almost continuously with quick cast time abilities. So ye, sniper isnt the best dps in pve, nor in pvp in my opinion.

I measured my pve dps with sniper (1800+ cunning / 40%+crit / 85%+crit bonus from surge) on the first world boss on Dromund Kass, by using only dmging abilities in a rotation, i was about 75k dmg <+/-10%> / min (MM spec).

Mercenary is way better by any means, if there are more in your ops group, they even boost up each others dps, so they shoot 4-5k crits almost continuously with quick cast time abilities. So ye, sniper isnt the best dps in pve, nor in pvp in my opinion.

Yep grav round stacks with each other and boosts demo round/heatseeker beyond the intended 5 grav round cap.