Serious questions for serious PvPers...

Torothin

Are you playing this game just to pass the time until GW2 goes live? I like SW as much as the next guy but I am noticing a trend here. Discuss!

I play ALL games just to pass the time.

That is the entire point of video games.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If I only played this game for PVP, I woul have left a while ago. Luckily, it has other things to offer than a marginally fun and rewarding PVP system. Not sure what I will do when other games become available.

Rewards are nothing without Risk involved. Hence why the "wow-like" pvp system sucks and will always suck, because its created for grinders.

When will people realize that full corpse looting on works on sandboxes.

On theme parks where your epic costed you 300 hours of game time, I doubt it would be too popular.

Lastly you're not hardcore unless you pvped in diablo2 hardcore servers ;). Corpse looting is nothing compared to perma-death.

If you were actually competition oriented you would be playing guild wars. Competition built into the game from day 1. Able to be max level from the start, no gear grind (gear cap is easy to reach) skill based ability choices (you can only bring in 8 skills so team comp is very important). Nobody who is actually interested in competition plays a gear based grind fest pve centric game to find their "competition"

I played GW. But everything is gettin old sometimes ;)

When will people realize that full corpse looting on works on sandboxes.

On theme parks where your epic costed you 300 hours of game time, I doubt it would be too popular.

Lastly you're not hardcore unless you pvped in diablo2 hardcore servers ;). Corpse looting is nothing compared to perma-death.

Heh, true I did not play diablo 2. But sure there were some nasty features in old MUDs. Like loosing whole levels for dying in PvE ;)

Nah, I heard the PVP starts with everyone in full gear. If that's the case, I'd simply go play League of Legends.

makes me think ur one of those guys who plays over 100 hours a week. Ud lose that advantage in GW2 if everyone is max lvl with full gear for pvp. aww boohoo.

cant wait to on same level as idiots who waste their lifes in these games. I got the skills just not the time, GW2 seems like its a much better pvp game, its much more skill based, instead of how much valor/expertise do u have.

Nope. I've been 2400+ on the same RMP since season 2 in WoW. I love WoW arena, but I -HAVE- to play something else on the side. Arena is all that game has to offer, star wars offers everything else. This way I don't get burned out and quit WoW, and I also get to experience new/fun games.

Rewards are nothing without Risk involved. Hence why the "wow-like" pvp system sucks and will always suck, because its created for grinders.

By rewarding, I meant something that make it feel like a sense of accomplishment. I could care less about a new set of bracers. In my opinion, PVP is just not satisfying.

By rewarding, I meant something that make it feel like a sense of accomplishment. I could care less about a new set of bracers. In my opinion, PVP is just not satisfying.

That's why I said no reward is sweet enough without risk. Here in TOR, you can have the best set and same rank as someone who idles in wz and zergs in Ilum, no matter how good you are. There is simply no sense of achievement, hence the system is not rewarding, its actually punishing all those "stupid" who do not grind and try to cheat the system for easy gains.

makes me think ur one of those guys who plays over 100 hours a week. Ud lose that advantage in GW2 if everyone is max lvl with full gear for pvp. aww boohoo.

cant wait to on same level as idiots who waste their lifes in these games. I got the skills just not the time, GW2 seems like its a much better pvp game, its much more skill based, instead of how much valor/expertise do u have.

Actually have a full time job and social life.

GW2 PVP, from the information given, is essentially less skill based than any MOBA on the market.

But please continue with the insults, as clearly someone who has a different opinion on what's "a better pvp game" sends you into a frothing rage.

Edited by Sykologist

Actually have a full time job and social life.

GW2 PVP, from the information given, is essentially less skill based than any MOBA on the market.

Actually, I'll argue it's more skill based than any mmo because of the combination system (such as timing an arrow with an elementalist wall of fire for a big burst hit.) There are over 400 dual class combinations atm.

Coordinated teams will have a major advantage over non-coordinated teams. To be effective, you'll not only need to know about your class by the other 7 classes as well.

Edited by Orangerascal

That's why I said no reward is sweet enough without risk. Here in TOR, you can have the best set and same rank as someone who idles in wz and zergs in Ilum, no matter how good you are. There is simply no sense of achievement, hence the system is not rewarding, its actually punishing all those "stupid" who do not grind and try to cheat the system for easy gains.

See, here is my point. Why does it matter? I love PvP with PvP gear rewards, I love those "bad players" having the same gear as me, it doesn't matter to me because I'm having fun. People these days are soo concerned with what someone else has that a lot of people fail to have fun with these games. It's sad, because you really would enjoy the game a lot more by dropping that mentality.

I play this game to PvP. The storyline was cool, I'm playing other classes to get to see it all, but I log in at night to stab you in the throat with my saber. Nothing else, really.

I don't care abut GW2.

Stop all your whining and either log out or queue up.

See, here is my point. Why does it matter? I love PvP with PvP gear rewards, I love those "bad players" having the same gear as me, it doesn't matter to me because I'm having fun. People these days are soo concerned with what someone else has that a lot of people fail to have fun with these games. It's sad, because you really would enjoy the game a lot more by dropping that mentality.

I couldn't care less what everyone has tbh, until the part where gear > skill comes in MMO. Which forces me to grind, to compete...

Edited by Dalnar

Actually, I'll argue it's more skill based than any mmo because of the combination system (such as timing an arrow with an elementalist wall of fire for a big burst hit.) There are over 400 dual class combinations atm.

Coordinated teams will have a major advantage over non-coordinated teams. To be effective, you'll not only need to know about your class by the other 7 classes as well.

You've pretty much described every MOBA out there now.

This is why I love WoW arena. I play 10-25 games a week, taking about 1-7 hours a week depending on how we feel and I stay top of the line in terms of gear and ability. Nothing feels as exciting as a well set up kill, and at the top tier: all gear is equal, so it really is about all ability. People who haven't been there like to claim it's about which class is better at the time or gear, but the truth is if you've ever been there, you know it's about coordination and ability. Not going to waste time with guildwars 2. Taking gear out of the equation doesn't make it more skilled, it just makes it easier. Balancing stats, enchants, gems and everything to optimize your character for how you want to play it is another thing that makes arena so addictive for me. I know, that's just me and my opinion, but still.

if star wars dropped this random champion gear bag non-sense, it'd be almost as exciting.

Except MOBA's are more RTS than mmo.

In a sense, yes.

But more coordinated teams shine over non-coordinated teams. Timing your abilities with your team mates leads to bigger burst damage, reactive abilities etc, and you not only need to know your class, but your teammates, as well as the 30+ heroes that the enemy team might play.

I'm not arguing with you, I'm just saying it might be revolutionary for an MMO, but is nothing new.

Edited by Sykologist

I'm not arguing with you, I'm just saying it might be revolutionary for an MMO, but is nothing new.

I edited my post I agree with you that MOBA's, RTS's and FPS take more skill than mmo's because we're handicapped by the GCD. This coming from a master level sc2 player.

Edited by Orangerascal

i dont understand why so many people waiting on gw2. the first game was ****. it was soooooooooooooo much more of a single player game than this one nobody did **** together that wasnt paying high levs for runs to higher lev towns, there was no economy and you could have way more npc party member support the game was a watered down version of this with less interaction i dont get it.

Except MOBA's are more RTS than mmo and I agree MOBA's and RTS's are more skill based, because they don't contend with a GCD.

Because of the click to move system. It has a small amount of skills available just like gw2 will ahve too. Each to their own. I personally enjoy making the character, building up its gear and getting it setup. Taking that out removes a part of the game i like. Played gw1 for a bit and thats what i didnt like about it.

What i dont understand is the elitism around "no gear = all skill" that most people crap on about.

I edited my post I agree with you that MOBA's, RTS's and FPS take more skill than mmo's because we're handicapped by the GCD. This coming from a master level sc2 player.

Off topic, but how are the custom MOBA maps in SC2? Been meaning to pick it up, but don't want it to end up like another NWN2.