Game subs rising or dropping?

Nebbycat

Sadly cancelling my sub today, with still 21 days free to go. I have the collectors editions and the digital deluxe =/

Why? because the simple fact is that the ui is horrendously poor for a healer player, and the main problem? My entire guild has quit the game. All 15 people =/

Ive been enjoying the storylines but ive decided to drop my subscription as its not worth it. Guild wars 2 is coming out soon, so i can play a free to play game such as star trek online for 2 months and save myself money.

It was a fun ride though, i wish the game and its population the best of luck ^.^

That's interesting you're not listed in any guild...care to list the names of the fifteen people who actually quit so you know we can tell you aren't just making stuff up?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Define dramatically. Put a percentage on it.

He meant "god I hate this game but it won't DIEEEEEEE WHYYYYY it needs to DIEEEEEE because I hate it but it keeps on growing NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

and then his mother has to go and prepare hot pockets....

Sadly cancelling my sub today, with still 21 days free to go. I have the collectors editions and the digital deluxe =/

Why? because the simple fact is that the ui is horrendously poor for a healer player, and the main problem? My entire guild has quit the game. All 15 people =/

Ive been enjoying the storylines but ive decided to drop my subscription as its not worth it. Guild wars 2 is coming out soon, so i can play a free to play game such as star trek online for 2 months and save myself money.

It was a fun ride though, i wish the game and its population the best of luck ^.^

I doubt GW2 will be out soon, I'm betting it'll be out towards the end of the year.

This is a good game, and like every mmo that has come out, there are things that need tweaking.

Shock! Horror! A GW2 troll/fanboi LYING about a game he hates!

Unheard of!

Right because your opinion being a used car salesman isn't backed by an agenda right?

:rolleyes:

Tell you what...you toddle off and bring us back empirical evidence that the population has "Tumbled" and you will gain some credibility.....our empirical evidence is what the developers just told us and what they will tell their investors at the next investor meeting.

Now come back soon with those numbers we're all waiting.

Yes, because producers never completely lie to gaming press to keep a positive spin going... and for the other part you're right, their report to investors will say a lot. It will say a lot of gobbledygook worded to hide the actual numbers. Never followed a mmo through release in the last few years I take it?

Hey, by the way, I have a cherry car just right for you. That smoke coming out of the exhaust is just because of the high performance engine. Honest. C'mon, stop on by.

How could the greatest game in the history of MMO's be dropping players, it's unpossible. There were 36 ppl on the Republic Fleet last night. That's a LOT right?

Hell that's about twice the population of a WoW server so yeah I'd say it's a lot!

You've already cancelled. None of the reasons you listed as why you cancelled have been fixed yet

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=152856

This is the 3rd thread you started asking how the subscriptions are

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=218996

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=123283

?????????

clearly they didn't cancel you cant post if you don't have an active account. drive by post too

Edited by gantuth

The only stats that I'm aware of show populations dropping around 40 percent since release.

Within that 40 percent will be some churn (new people joining balanced by people leaving), and we've also transitioned from holiday->not holiday.

Given the stupidity of the MMO marketplace these days, I wouldn't read too much into it, except that on average a server's population will be ~40% lower than a month ago.

He meant "god I hate this game but it won't DIEEEEEEE WHYYYYY it needs to DIEEEEEE because I hate it but it keeps on growing NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

and then his mother has to go and prepare hot pockets....

I actually quite like the game aside from some major frustrations with lack of modern features. I'm just being realistic and acknowledging that the game was released lacking many features that mmo gamers now want to see in the mmos they play, and thus most have left. Simple as that. I do not play WoW, or any other game.

Indeed! Shock and awe, that people can actually quit a game with valid reasons ;)

Yeah especially when then they spend all their free time on a forum posting those "valid reasons" so the rest of the population can have a laugh! That is what I call "generosity"

yeah but then about 230% of WoW players decided to switch over, seing as WoW is dying

23 million of WoW's 10 million subscribers decided to switch? Are you sure? Because what you said kind of makes no sense whatsoever.

You (and anyone else who posts along these lines) really need to get over your WoW obsession. It does not need to "die" in order for SW:TOR to be successful and, similarly, SW:TOR does not have to "die" because of WoW. The games can, and in all likelihood will, co-exist for many years to come.

Which has the greater number of subscribers really makes no difference as long as there is a sufficient population on each to sustain its development, surely?

Both James Ohlan and Georg Zoller said population were continuing to grow....TB just had Zoller on a couple days back so as of then still growing.

I can't simple belive that. Almost 70 of my rl/ingame/forum friends left this game. Servers became empty, population online droped by 60% (from measures provided by some protals and even official TOR portal), BW remove cancel button and bring some crap called "founder title" to keep ppl payig for that unfinished product where they wil leventualy try to make this game playable.

I think Bioware do and say every lie to take their money back that they sink in this failure. End of story.

Hell that's about twice the population of a WoW server so yeah I'd say it's a lot!
Maybe if some people around here got over a childish hatred of some other game, we could get a louder voice telling BW what needs to be done to get players back, and attract new ones?

I actually quite like the game aside from some major frustrations with lack of modern features. I'm just being realistic and acknowledging that the game was released lacking many features that mmo gamers now want to see in the mmos they play, and thus most have left. Simple as that. I do not play WoW, or any other game.

If by that you mean LFD and addons, then no, those aren't features all people want to see in a game. As the part where the wowkiddies have gone back to SW or Org, maybe but reading WoW boards one would think that game is empty. So, no, wrong on teh second point too

fact is people like you buy a game and if the game isn't exactly like they want, they start shouting and crying on forums hoping that the devs change the game to be like they want.

luckily, most TOR subscribers aren't basement dwellers or ADHD wowkiddies, that's why the game keeps on growing despite all the attempts to make it look like it's losing subs

23 million of WoW's 10 million subscribers decided to switch? Are you sure? Because what you said kind of makes no sense whatsoever.

You (and anyone else who posts along these lines) really need to get over your WoW obsession. It does not need to "die" in order for SW:TOR to be successful and, similarly, SW:TOR does not have to "die" because of WoW. The games can, and in all likelihood will, co-exist for many years to come.

Which has the greater number of subscribers really makes no difference as long as there is a sufficient population on each to sustain its development, surely?

I see, maybe after all I should have put a /sarcasm tag, but I thought NO ONE can be THAT dumb

again,I was wrong

You think Blizzard's business model is to have half a million servers, all of which have 18 people or less on them? WoW is doing fine because it has ten million subscribers. It's not going anywhere. That doesn't, however, mean that SW:TOR is "doomed". They'll both do well. WoW will probably have more players for at least a few years yet. It doesn't mean either game will be unsuccessful. What's wrong with you people? :confused:

I can't simple belive that. Almost 70 of my rl/ingame/forum friends left this game. Servers became empty, population online droped by 60% (from measures provided by some protals and even official TOR portal), BW remove cancel button and bring some crap called "founder title" to keep ppl payig for that unfinished product where they wil leventualy try to make this game playable.

I think Bioware do and say every lie to take their money back that they sink in this failure. End of story.

I think you might want to check those numbers and stop posting nonsense based on a tool that measures servers levels (low,standard,heavy etc) instead of players and that is useless for a historic of the last 40 days because the numbers defining those values have been changed upwards several times

if this is too complicated I can try to write it in wowkiddie speech and draw a picture

You think Blizzard's business model is to have half a million servers, all of which have 18 people or less on them? WoW is doing fine because it has ten million subscribers. It's not going anywhere. That doesn't, however, mean that SW:TOR is "doomed". They'll both do well. WoW will probably have more players for at least a few years yet. It doesn't mean either game will be unsuccessful. What's wrong with you people? :confused:

S.A.R.C.A.S.M.

you get it? I couldn't care less if wow lives,dies or get 300 million subs. But apparently, a lot of TOR detractors seem to