36.68% shield absorption

what numbers should i shoot for??

thanks in advance

22k health.

52% damage reduction.

14% defense.

45% shield chance.

40+damage reduction.

with these stats you could also do all the normal mode operations as well as the hard mode operations... just sayin.

Probably start making progress on NM too.

OP you're fine to start hardmodes. I'd give it a go with Black Talon and Kaon first as they're generally the easiest (might skip the option boss in Kaon depending on your CC situation).

Boarding party too if you've got ranged DPS.

The stats above are pretty much for most anything in the game... not hardmodes. I don't have anywhere NEAR those yet and am tanking hardmodes. Because of the timers a lot more seems to depend on DPS than other games because you can't just whittle them down slowly.

Z

currently i have

17k health

6538 armor

42.71% damage reduction

14.54% defense chance

30.10% shield chance

36.68% shield absorption

what numbers should i shoot for??

thanks in advance

Believe me when i say you are fine with ANY hardmode. I started tanking hardmodes with around 15k health and Carolina build.

Important thing is, learn the bossfights. If your healer knows exactly when you are going to take spike damage, he will anticipate this and slap a bigheal on you at just the right time etc. 20k hp wont save you unless you start practicing the bosses.

If you are a biochem user this will help immensely. Esp. after you get rakata medpack and stim.

Back to your question, i don´t know what numbers to aim for (Don´t know my stats in my head) but if you are playing with friends you can do pretty much any HM with some practice and not a single epic item. I can´t speak about tanking in pugs though, since i have never done it yet.

Cheers!

22k health.

52% damage reduction.

14% defense.

45% shield chance.

40+damage reduction.

Dont take this too seriously. I'm nowhere near those stats and tanked both HM Operations.

Your stats are good for normal operations even. I'd recommen starting with EV, as its piss easy, I would dare to say easier than some of the HM FPs (except the last boss I guess, that one is a bit tricky).

Edited by je-s-ter