Social Outfits. Why only light armor??

sdsixteen

But if that style only exists in a light version, then there is no better-armored version to compare it with, correct?

If you're just trying to compare the results of a mod, you can compare it to any other type of orange armor. For example, light orange pants versus medium orange pants versus heavy orange pants. It doesn't matter what the level/social/whatever requirement of the orange armor is, it's all going to turn out the same relative to other items of the same armor type.

In other words, a level 10 orange heavy pants will have a larger armor rating than a level 50 orange light pants, provided they're both slotted with the same armoring mod.

Is the armor rating of light social clothing equivalent to other orange light armor?

They both apply the same modifier to an armoring mod, yes. They're both considered "light armor".

Edited by Apax

Is the armor rating of light social clothing equivalent to other orange light armor?

Yes because it is light armour, it is a multiplyer based on armour type.

On my jedi knight I once had a light armour social piece, a medium armour and a heavy armour piece, each with the exact same mods in.

The social gear had the least amount of armour, then the medium, then the heavy.

Edited by CactusBrawler

You don't even what?

Simple. One piece of orange armor when worn by a light class, is light armor. When worn by a heavy class, is heavy armor. The armor value changes depending on who is wearing it.

The /sarcasm tag at the bottom of my comment apparently failed me. I was agreeing with your solution, to the extent of suggesting that it was annoyingly ridiculous that the social armor hadn't been implemented that way to begin with. :p It just baffles me that nobody thought of this when implementing it.

Edited by Apax

That can't be it, that doesn't make sense. A heavy armor wearer cannot use light armor, so that reasoning doesn't even begin to make sense.

A Heavy Armor user can too wear Light Armor. It just isn't a good idea if he's going into combat.

Like I said, maybe they will add alternate Medium and Heavy versions of some armors at some point. That, IMO, would be the most logical way to do it.

:csw_redsaber::csw_bluesaber:

No because it is light armour, it is a multiplyer based on armour type.

On my jedi knight I once had a light armour social piece, a medium armour and a heavy armour piece, each with the exact same mods in.

The social gear had the least amount of armour, then the medium, then the heavy.

I was wondering if the modifier was smaller for social armor compared with 'regular' orange light armor, but that was answered above.

Possible solution: Keep it all light, but when you put armoring in it the armor value will match your rightful armor. E.G. Trooper buys light social armor mods it with an armor mod and the armor value of the light social armor value changes to be equal to a heavy piece.

Sounds like a reasonable solution.

Finally found the quote. Oddly, I quoted it before in another thread just like this. :p

There are plans to allow those who adopt tanking roles to be able to gain the armor benefits when wearing moddable gear. Again, this is not a high priority feature right now, but I know it's something that Damion feels is important.

Vanity slot, the answer to many problems. You are working hard on orange armor/set armor... And in the end, maybe in months or years, you'll do vanity slots, just because people will keep asking, and it's the best solution. With restriction or not, I don't know, but I'm sure it will come. Just like it came to LOTRO, AOC, Fallen earth....

This way one can have the social gear as a skin, and use a full set of heavy armor.

I know some people, always the same, will fight against it, for some random pvp/rp excuses, but in the end, they always loose the debate, even on the most hardcore game like FE. And in the end, it doesn't change anything for worst.

• 3 weeks later...

It really got to me that, you can buy lots of Heavy from the dark side. Modable Boots and gloves. You can buy Light social Modable from every damn planet.

Yet, it took me a very long time to get Med modible boots gloves head...

Fair? No.

The anoying part is that I was all eager when I got to the next planet Tattoeen.

"Wait... light again for socail.

Ok ok,, perhaps. Aldearan..

***??? Light again??!!!

Taris? Light!!!...."

Can someone tell me the point of social points to anyone but light armour users?

Bioware... Please, it would enhance many peoples game play fun to be able to have options...

I say, keep the light socail. And add a med and heavy that look diff from the light. Everyone gets thier unique style options based on char type.

Is there any Med gear other then PVE, Craft and pvp?

Ones that takes mods, I mean.

Light gets socail, Space, PVP, PVE, Crafting.

Heavy gets Darkside, pvp, pve Crafting,

Is it hard for them to creat a few new skins, for Heavy and Med that takes mods?

Best,

Edited by Mizry

Anyone can get a matching four piece set of heavy, medium, or light class specific moddable armor by simply completing the world arc and running the heroics on Tatooine. Takes maybe 30 additional minutes of leveling time, far less time than grinding out 750 social points. You can then buy boots with Alderaan coms from maybe an hour of questing.

No one is being left out. Yes, it's a bit of a convenience for light armor wearers from level 12ish to 28ish. Not game breaking.