The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

26-13-2 Spectacular Spiderman

calvinrhine

There are a lot of people who have build that are close to this, but none that cut to the chase the way this one does.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hRGrdRboMZbsrMoZb.1

The purpose of this build is simple, max mobility, protection, and up close and personal damage.

-With Grapple and jet charge you are gonna be a Hut ball all star

-The Retractable Blade, Rocket punch combo are gonna do great dmg to squishys and tough guys alike.

- You're Tough enough to last in any fight situation.

I've been running this build a lot and I'm always top 3 in kills, dmg, and protection, usually mission objectives as well. It goes without saying that Ion Canister is best for this.

Give it a shot. I promise you'll love it. c/c welcome :)

Agreed with the above. I would move those 2 points into the 2% dmg reduc for ion charge. Stacking armor only helps against 2 of 4 damage types, and your shields already help with those damage types. The dmg reduc will help against all 4 types of damage.

Agreed with the above. I would move those 2 points into the 2% dmg reduc for ion charge. Stacking armor only helps against 2 of 4 damage types, and your shields already help with those damage types. The dmg reduc will help against all 4 types of damage.

Shield doesn't work with Energy/Force attacks, but armor does.

Shield doesn't work with Energy/Force attacks, but armor does.

From what ive read the BIG issue with Shields is that it does NOT work against elemental and internat damage.. just against Kinetic (weapon) and energy damages.. same goes for armour.. so tanks are just as squishy against those attacks as any other class (exept assassins/Shadows since they have their 10% buff) if you do not count our HP pool and Damage reducing skills that we can activate.

From what ive read the BIG issue with Shields is that it does NOT work against elemental and internat damage.. just against Kinetic (weapon) and energy damages.. same goes for armour.. so tanks are just as squishy against those attacks as any other class (exept assassins/Shadows since they have their 10% buff) if you do not count our HP pool and Damage reducing skills that we can activate.

Shields seem to only work against weapon damage attacks. Find a friend that can equip a shield and keep rocket punching him. He won't shield it. Auto attack and rail shot him and you'll see the shield light up. Rail shot I believe is our only weapon base damage attack besides rapid fire. Rocket punch is kinetic.

There are a lot of people who have build that are close to this, but none that cut to the chase the way this one does.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hRGrdRboMZbsrMoZb.1

The purpose of this build is simple, max mobility, protection, and up close and personal damage.

-With Grapple and jet charge you are gonna be a Hut ball all star

-The Retractable Blade, Rocket punch combo are gonna do great dmg to squishys and tough guys alike.

- You're Tough enough to last in any fight situation.

I've been running this build a lot and I'm always top 3 in kills, dmg, and protection, usually mission objectives as well. It goes without saying that Ion Canister is best for this.

Give it a shot. I promise you'll love it. c/c welcome :)

im going to try something similar today albeit a bit different....probably go 21/20/0 with prototype cylinder ventilation ... that basically gets rid of all heat problems and you have nice sustained dps...ofc ill lack the insane burst capability of going pyro but still should provide good survivability and decent dps ...

Build seems to be almost same as early versions of my iron fist.

Rebraced armor is giving about 3% damage reduction total.

There is almost no difference in pvp bewen 1 pts and 2 pts in shield vents. Most common attacks cant be shielded anyway.

Oil slick is a bit questionable talent due to lack of clear description. I was testing it a bit and have a strong suspicion this ability affect only weapon based attacks.

Hitman talent is giving significant edge vs any casting class(mercs/sages/sorcs/comandos) and those are like 60%+ of WZ pop atm.

Here is current version of my iron fist build.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301GRGobRboMZrsMroZb.1

Its pretty terrible because it only applies to ranged or melee attacks, and only if you shield it. Although it does reduce the cool down of kolto, I wouldn't invest 2 points in it..... but...... whatever

I would use this.....

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hRGbdRroMZMsrMoZb.1

Actualy kolto is main reason for this talent. Its making it share cd with our energy shield. Both can be bound to a single mouse key along with rakata medpack for ultimate oh s...t button.

I like this build but I have some questions...

You went 3/3 Steely Resolve, 2/2 Rebraced Armor and 2/2 Power Armor.

What if you went 2/3 Steely Resolve, 3/3 Integrated Cardio Package (3% Endurance) and 2/2 Gyroscopic Alignment Jets?

Would 3% Endurance make up for 16% armor and 2% damage reduction? You would also pick up an additional way to vent 8 heat. Not saying it's better just had thoughts on going a different way. Seems like venting heat is always a good thing.

Also, how does this hold up in PvP. You are more melee dependent so do you have issues with people getting away?

Build seems to be almost same as early versions of my iron fist.

Rebraced armor is giving about 3% damage reduction total.

There is almost no difference in pvp bewen 1 pts and 2 pts in shield vents. Most common attacks cant be shielded anyway.

Oil slick is a bit questionable talent due to lack of clear description. I was testing it a bit and have a strong suspicion this ability affect only weapon based attacks.

Hitman talent is giving significant edge vs any casting class(mercs/sages/sorcs/comandos) and those are like 60%+ of WZ pop atm.

Here is current version of my iron fist build.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301GRGobRboMZrsMroZb.1

In your 23/16/2 you take the flat dmg reduction versis the imp cylinder and extra dmg and dot length (which makes sense since ion dmg is very low) are you noticing a difference in your dmg versus survabilty?

I will be playing this spec at 50. Since its the playstyle i want the bruiser/peeler. 2 stuns, a slow, 2 interrupts, and 2 hap closers yes pls. Attacking my healer thats guarded, fb nd enjoy doing 34% less dmg