The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Why not more races?

justDeece

Why aren't there more races you can play? There is no "small" class (i.e. gnomes / dwarfs) that could be jawas / ewoks. There is no larger class, that could be a wookie, maybe a hutt.

Do you think this was just because it was "easier" to make all things human body graphics, and armor more streamlined? Or was this so they can be added later. I really wish there was more variation to the races, that is really so far the only let down for me with this game.

^This is probably the most logical assumption, the big perk of Expansions are new races / classes in addition to content.

I really hope so because everyone looks so similar wearing armor, I want some more variation, some height differences, some definitely not "human" faces. Does anyone else miss this or am I the only one here? Haha

Edited by justDeece

There are races in this game? I swear I didn't notice. I would love I'f they implemented a race that didn't have the exact same body structure as a human.

I would love to see a playable ugenaught race or the blue max reebo elephant race.

Exactly, I would want a nice fluffy ewok race. I mean I am loving the game so far but this is the one thing I keep wishing as I play the game. I want some non human chars. :/

Exactly, I would want a nice fluffy ewok race. I mean I am loving the game so far but this is the one thing I keep wishing as I play the game. I want some non human chars. :/

Not that continuity is all that rigid in this game, but the Ewoks, they haven't been discovered yet.

Who said there will not be any more races?

I do not recall pandas in Vanilla wow.

Pandas are legit retarded. I was just hoping for some "small" races, or some larger ones. There is plenty of opportunity for these. Like how WoW has gnomes/dwarfs, but for some reason there is none in this game. And WoW had those in vanilla.

BC technical limitations out-weighs Star Wars lore.

This is a game all about Star Wars lore, and it's a Sci-Fi universe. While I understand the fact that it would be difficult and time consuming to add more races, it would be worth it, especially when it comes to immersion and customization. (Immersion being one of the game's most important factors, and customization being something a lot of people have asked for.)

Please, more races. Personally, I would like to see -

Kel Dor - They can speak basic, they're humanoid, the voiceover could be easily modified for the mask 'accent'.

Nautolan - Basic speakers, humanoid, the models are already ingame.

Kaleesh - Basic speakers, humanoid, models are in game.

Rodians - Models are in game, also a very iconic looking alien race.

Bothans - Might be a bit difficult, no models in game, but they are a Basic speaker and would make a great addition to the Republic side races.

Personally I would much rather have new story elements for existing races than more races added. I respect that others disagree but that's my hope in terms of focus.

I hope there are new story elements added on the end too, for more progression, sure. At the same time I really miss the different races element from the game. Maybe they can add this all in one! You never know.