The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Android Mobile Security Key

Kahlraxin

don't bother with the mobile app buy the key chain one. i had the mobile app for wow and when my phone broke i was left unable to play. the only way to get access was to send coppies of a lot of id including copy of passport AND driving licence as i don't drive this proved rather difficult

don't bother with the mobile app buy the key chain one. i had the mobile app for wow and when my phone broke i was left unable to play. the only way to get access was to send coppies of a lot of id including copy of passport AND driving licence as i don't drive this proved rather difficult

I could say the same thing about the key-chain "dongle". I have used them for years for work access and also for WoW. I have had them stop working a couple of times, too. The WoW one broke just as Ulduar opened up and I missed the first night of raiding; sucked. It wasn't all that hard to get access, again, once I was able to speak with Blizzard customer service, so I am not sure why your problems were special. I feel confident that EA will be just as responsive.

I now use the phone apps on an Android phone for work (RSA), WoW and Rift and have yet to have a problem, not that I think it impossible. I am fairly careful when updates for the keys come available and remove the key from the account before updating on the phone and then putting it back on the account, just in case.

As I use an Android phone I absolutely support the request for an Android-based security app.

Got to love how all these companies cater to the iPhone when theres ten times as many androids out there....

It is not close to 10 times.. Android probably close to 50% of smartphone market with iOS around 27%

That being said.. I was surprised the android app was not out first considering that the approval process for the android market is much faster than the App Store.

It is not close to 10 times.. Android probably close to 50% of smartphone market with iOS around 27%

That being said.. I was surprised the android app was not out first considering that the approval process for the android market is much faster than the App Store.

iPhone is easier to develop for though, as there's significantly less variation in the hardware - since it all comes from the same company.

Android apps are usually later because there's more testing needed. Blackberry is after that based on market share.