Early Access Broken Promises....Not a good start, EA

dchristine

i completely agree i did not have the money at the time the game was released but i did in fact have the money about a week ago so i bought the game.. why even preorder this is absurd... i payed the same amount of money everyone else did and now im waiting for what 4 waves a day of email are u serious ... get a life bioware this is bull... people getting to out lvl other people is just ******** letting others enjoy the content long before ill get to play? and on launch will it be like a stress test because everyone will be playing so you guys make no sense at all... weres the logic. please try and give us some kind of reasonable answer cause so far i dont see anything what all you guys say is we want to manage a smooth server but thats a load of lies... the servers are fine.. what are you guys gonna do on launch that wouldnt be any different from now? please answer me this?

lol u cannot be serious. If you are, im sorry for you.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i completely agree i did not have the money at the time the game was released but i did in fact have the money about a week ago so i bought the game.. why even preorder this is absurd... i payed the same amount of money everyone else did and now im waiting for what 4 waves a day of email are u serious ... get a life bioware this is bull... people getting to out lvl other people is just ******** letting others enjoy the content long before ill get to play? and on launch will it be like a stress test because everyone will be playing so you guys make no sense at all... weres the logic. please try and give us some kind of reasonable answer cause so far i dont see anything what all you guys say is we want to manage a smooth server but thats a load of lies... the servers are fine.. what are you guys gonna do on launch that wouldnt be any different from now? please answer me this?

Lrn 2 grmar.. Thnks.

The subject is fans who have pre-ordered STAR WARS: The Old Republic. That automatically includes every person who ordered the game. If they mean only 'some' fans they should say it more clearly.

Should? Perhaps. Need to? No.

Just because YOU infer meaning that is not there does not preclude them from using it correctly in this case. Sorry, but you're out of luck. Just wait like the rest of us that were dumb enough to not order early. Hell, I couldn't even get my hands on a CE so settled for a digital copy of the SE.

Bottom line my patience with twits with entitlement issues is starting to wear thin. After this thread I'm just gunna start reporting every one that whines about not being in.

Please pay more attention in school. Your grammar is terrible. :(

What about the headline on the front page that says, 'Fans who have pre-ordered STAR WARS: The Old Republic can now begin playing the game! '

Misleading or no?

Only if you don't bother to click and read the rest. Which is why most people are whining about not getting in yet. They don't bother to read, you just proved the yaysayers point and the naysayers problem.

Last month we revealed the details about Early Game Access*, in which players who pre-ordered Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ would have the opportunity to play the game several days prior to its official game launch on December 20, 2011, 12:01AM EST (Pacific: December 19th, 9:01PM PST; European: December 20th, 05:01AM GMT, 06:01AM CET). We are excited to inform you that we have begun inviting customers who have pre-ordered the game and redeemed their Pre-Orders at our Code Redemption Center into the Early Game Access program, and we will continue to bring more people in as we get closer to launch!

As it happens, I ordered the game on 10/8, but how in the hell does that make me better or more entitled to someone who ordered on 10/9? How is comparing this to the pre-launch of other games a bad thing? Isn't that what we all do? A certain standard is out there. It's been out there and it is the basis by which we judge.

It is absolutely absurd to have people just trickle in. If it is open, then it should be open....period! Not just open to you today, and you tomorrow, and you not until next week because you did not buy this soon enough.

A lot of us were cautious and wanted to try the game first

And so you took the less-risky route and ordered later. Those who risked more on the game are being rewarded, in a rational, fair, first-come-first-served manner that has been used by humans for tens of thousands of years.

How unfair.

Just be glad your not in my shoes, I pre-ordered in August. But something happened when I entered my code and it never completed registration. I didn't realize it didn't work until I was joining my guild. Sent an email to support, but got no response so have to wait with the rest of the late bloomers.

Not really, it's an acceptable thing now... Allowing people that paid the same money at different times is definitely not. A lot of us were cautious and wanted to try the game first because of all the lies previous MMO companys told about games. Just because some of us did not know of, or have the money, etc should not entitle any difference since everyone paid the same.

I am not understanding your gripe first it is up to 5 days of early access. Second they started early access on the 13th not the 15th which caught everyone by surprise.

I preordered and redeemed it in Nov 2011 and yes I am still waiting but I READ what was stated on the pre order BEFORE doing the pre order.

not knowing and not reading is not any company's fault blame yourself because YOU decided that choice and nobody else. As for not having the money well still does not fall on the company that is obvious to see. So tell me exactly where the company lied to you because i haven't seen one about early access. the only part which i saw was close to being a lie is about grace period which sucks for the oceanic people especially and i do honestly feel sorry for you all in that respect.

Not really, it's an acceptable thing now... Allowing people that paid the same money at different times is definitely not. A lot of us were cautious and wanted to try the game first because of all the lies previous MMO companys told about games. Just because some of us did not know of, or have the money, etc should not entitle any difference since everyone paid the same.

it sorta is acceptable to let people who payed the same amount play at different times....seeing as how they have informed everyone about it from pretty much the beginning. So if you go to a sports event and preorder your tickets you should not have better seats than say someone who shows up out of the blue and tries to get a ticket? Really? Just....wow.

As it happens, I ordered the game on 10/8, but how in the hell does that make me better or more entitled to someone who ordered on 10/9? How is comparing this to the pre-launch of other games a bad thing? Isn't that what we all do? A certain standard is out there. It's been out there and it is the basis by which we judge.

It is absolutely absurd to have people just trickle in. If it is open, then it should be open....period! Not just open to you today, and you tomorrow, and you not until next week because you did not buy this soon enough.

LOL you made me laugh with your failed logic!!!

Whats really eating people up is the wording before on the mane page of the website when you could pre-order it.

originally the wording was as such: "Pre-Order now and play up to 5 days before launch"

where as now it is worded as such Early Game Access has begun, Pre-Order now and play before the 12:20:11 launch"

the second is misleading because it portrays that if you pre-order now you can get in now. which is obviously not the case. As much as i would like to be playing the game now i had only pre-ordered the game yesterday morning. as disappointed by this approach by BioWare there is nothing i can do about it and there is no use in complaining sense they are following after what was said previously by being "Up To" this in no way states that you will be in 5 days before but might be in 5 days before

Yes yes, we understand if you really think about the words they used we were not promised the full early access.

but

What chaps my *** is that they mislead everyone with how they said it. People see the ad and get excited, "heck yeah! 5 day early access!"

They knew from the start they were going to introduce the invites in waves, I wish they wouldn't have to mislead the customers... Bad start for BW...

Edited by SlikkDikk

Most of us know up to five days means, but there is always customers who miss this.

BW knows this. They are not doing anything wrong, they are following the rules.

But then again its legal to have sex with animals here in sweden, but is it the right thing to do? I guess it's just a question of moral, wich in this case I think that BW made an active choice and they knew that alot of players would be dissapointed.

And to be honest I think that most of thought that we would be able to play 5 days before realese when we pre-orderd our copy, and did not think much more of it.

I hope the game is really fun, and I belive that I will have a blast playing it. Don't really care about the 5 day pre-start, but I do understand that this have mad alot of customers really mad.

Edited by MRbadankan

Hello all.

I actually agree with dchristine about it we all have paid the price for a game that others have access only is a disgrace, I think, but again they promised 5 days time we shall see, but you just can not make a difference between people when one has paid the same.

Edited by Smovs

Do people just read what they want. I think the information from Bioware was very clear. Everyone who pre-ordered would get early access, UP TO 5 days, AKA in before the 20th. They made it CLEAR from day one that they would be rolling in players gradually based on when the EA code was redeemed.

H@ll, english is my third language and it was still VERY clear to me, so I can't understand that lots of ppl with english as native language could misread the mails so badly.

I would not have expected to get in to early access if EA had not announced that everyone who pre-ordered would have access. But, they did make that announcement, so (silly me) I believed them. I've been playing mmo's for more years than I care to remember and I always pre-order. Quite a few games I've played have offered early access to all who pre-ordered. The difference here is that all other games actually delivered. I've never heard of a game letting people in in waves. A ton of us who have pre-ordered have not so much as received an e-mail yet.

I cannot understand the thought process behind their "wave" system. Didn't their stress tests tell them anything? How could they possibly expect the people left out of wave after wave of early access to be happy with it? Or, is it that as long as we are willing to pay them, they simply do not care?

It really should not matter when a pre-order happened. It has never mattered with any other game. This system is utterly absurd. :mad:

goodbye can u have your stu.... oh wait.. to early?

Yes yes, we understand if you really think about the words they used we were not promised the full early access.

but

What chaps my *** is that they mislead everyone with how they said it. People see the ad and get excited, "heck yeah! 5 day early access!"

They knew from the start they were going to introduce the invites in waves, I wish they wouldn't have to mislead the customers... Bad start for BW...

It's BW's fault that people can't read or are too dumb to understand what "UP TO" means?

Do people just read what they want. I think the information from Bioware was very clear. Everyone who pre-ordered would get early access, UP TO 5 days, AKA in before the 20th. They made it CLEAR from day one that they would be rolling in players gradually based on when the EA code was redeemed.

H@ll, english is my third language and it was still VERY clear to me, so I can't understand that lots of ppl with english as native language could misread the mails so badly.

It's because if they did read it properly, they'd have to find something else to QQ about :rolleyes:

Funniest things about these posts is that they could still get the full 5 days EGA at the moment, seeing as the first wave of invites for the 15th doesnt go out until around 1400 GMT.

I bet if he were to get access as part of todays 1st wave he wont come back to post about how BW gave him more than they 'promised'.