Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

All BM DPS gear has Accuracy?

dardack

Which is proven to be almost a waste of stat except against tanks in PvP. I went to every vendor, to see if I could find some mods without accuracy. Every piece with mods that is DPS based has Accuracy. Otherwise I ahve to buy healing and get crit/alacrity. Want crit/surge. Sigh.

Am I missing something?

The Accuracy + Power or Accuracy + Crit enhancement in BM gear is still better than the Crit + Surge purple 56s. It'd be worse than a purple 58 Power + Crit is such an enhancement existed, but it does not. While accuracy is generally weak, it does work on Execute, which is potentially the most important attack in PvP. Edited by Astarica

Well on the champ, I did put in the lvl 22 Battle Enhancement over the lvl 24 that had accuracy on it.

Just was hoping not to have to do that again.

And I would way rather have lvl 22 battle enh over lvl 25 from BM with accuracy, cause it's the weakest stat there is.

I think it is their lamebrain way of giving you another way to progress your gear.

By having to buy non-ideal set items to canibalize for the proper mods to put in your gear.

The problem is i can't find the BM lvl enhancements outside of BM gear. And every piece except healing has Accuracy, and I guess I'd take accuracy over alacrity.

The Accuracy + Power or Accuracy + Crit enhancement in BM gear is still better than the Crit + Surge purple 56s. It'd be worse than a purple 58 Power + Crit is such an enhancement existed, but it does not. While accuracy is generally weak, it does work on Execute, which is potentially the most important attack in PvP.

no they arent; atleast for focus spec class.

Your best bet honestly is going to be to cannibalize gear or get an artifice and run dungeons to get the crystals to make the good 24 enhancements...

Wait someone can make 24 enhancements? Who and where do you get the patterns?

no they arent; atleast for focus spec class.

Is that some class without an Execute attack? But I think all classes without Execute benefits from Alacrity.

Accuracy is pretty useless in PvP, but it's more useful than Surge after about 150 because Execute can be parried and quite a few classes start with 10% base defense, which requires all the accuracy you found on the BM gear to penetrate. You come out behind if it's a class that started with 5% defense, though there are talents and random stuff that may give some extra defense too.

Is that some class without an Execute attack? But I think all classes without Execute benefits from Alacrity.

Accuracy is pretty useless in PvP, but it's more useful than Surge after about 150 because Execute can be parried and quite a few classes start with 10% base defense, which requires all the accuracy you found on the BM gear to penetrate. You come out behind if it's a class that started with 5% defense, though there are talents and random stuff that may give some extra defense too.

Looking at my abilities as PT, I don't see an execute (which from my def would be an attack that does more damage against an opponent with less then some % of hp).

Not sure why you think surge after 150 is useless. I'm like 324 for 86.5% extra crit damage. I guess alacrity would be nice, so grab the medic gear to rip the mods out of them. Only my rapid shots seem to miss/get resisted in pvp, all my tech abilities seem to hit, and I ahve very little accuracy (51). I've ripped every accuracy mod out that I can and replaced with lvl 22 battle enhancements.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.